John Terry: Racist slur?

LDN Blue

• Replies 984
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

try ....innocent until PROVED guilty

I never said he was guilty, but i do find it hard to believe his excuse, also the fact that the crown prosecution said that there is sufficient evidence to prosecute him.

But yeah, lets all blame Anton Ferdinand, and QPR.

What? false witness? no proof at all.

If it was the other way around and someone was racist towards one of our players i'm sure we will be supportive.

That's why some of our fans are booing him because he's accusing one of OUR players.

We should forget that he is one of 'our' players, he is racist and deserves everything he gets.

sounds as if you have found him guilty

Innocent until proven guilty.

If found guilty , then the club needs to show a GREAT ammount of discipline.

And this isnt the first saga JT has had regarding being racist , apparently he abused King racially a few seasons back and it all got brushed under the carpet.

What kinda club would we be , if our captain is a known racist , with other black people in and around the club, what message will that send them?

It has put the club under more pressure , considering how much the media does already.

Ive got many issues with both the suarez and terry case. Both very different as suarez admitted what he said and terrys denied it. Firstly on terry, its been given far too much coverage. Media sayin they cant comment because its in hands of police and innocent till proven guilty etc but there constantly goin on about it as if he is and the pressure its putting on everyone is unfair. It should have been left to be dealt with officially. If he is found guilty then everyone from fa to chelsea can deal with it. Even if he has said it, i dont agree with it but it doesnt make him a racist just an idiot. Im pretty sure if he was racist it would of been flagged up earlier at some point in his career not just decided to turn at 31.

With suarez i find it alot more complex but equally wrong how its been handled. I have a big problem with the fa seeming to take the moral highground and ban him for 8 games. You cant treat everyone the same, its how suarez and the people of uruguay have been brought up, people sayin ''its no excuse'' well no its not, but its a reason, and a valid one in my eyes. If hed have thought it was wrong hed have denied saying it but he never did and surely he needs educating not banning. I dont believe in instances of name calling type racism the fa should get involved, maybe the fa could of handed the info into liverpool and made dalglish deal with it, release statement or punish if they like. After all if he is racist the people who know him best would know. I dont think individual cases like this need dealing with by fa, it wdnt be footballs problem but societys and the fact the fa think they can bring an end to racism is a joke in itself. Im not excusing it or say ignore it but if a manager did stand by a racist player who else in that team would play for him. It would sort itself out. The large scale that it used to happen in stands and still abroad needs dealing with but i dont believe incidents like this require that severe an action under there own personal circumstance. Are the fa now gonna step in if a player makes a remark about someones wife etc and the player complains about abuse?. It looks to me like there just flexing there muscles and showing off to the rest of europe.

I think the majority of the media and fa are hypocrits. How often thru the years do we see a gerrard, terry, scholes, keane etc chuck in a really bad challenge and these media just laugh it off as being 'lucky to get away with it'' or ''scholes cant tackle''. Then essien or a song does the same and they lambast them as threatning someones career? racist? The fa are allways goin soft on sir alex and recently redknapp. Avb, mourinho, wenger or benitez get done by the fa. Racist? This is only my opinion and im not saying im right but i dont buy the fa as clamping down at all, there just trying to be bigger then they are.

Whether he's guilty or not, I still find it amazing to think someone would be criminally charged for something like this.

i know its not even a big deal. What blatter said about a handshake is pretty much the only sensible thing ive ever heard him say.

Ive got many issues with both the suarez and terry case. Both very different as suarez admitted what he said and terrys denied it. Firstly on terry, its been given far too much coverage. Media sayin they cant comment because its in hands of police and innocent till proven guilty etc but there constantly goin on about it as if he is and the pressure its putting on everyone is unfair. It should have been left to be dealt with officially. If he is found guilty then everyone from fa to chelsea can deal with it. Even if he has said it, i dont agree with it but it doesnt make him a racist just an idiot. Im pretty sure if he was racist it would of been flagged up earlier at some point in his career not just decided to turn at 31.

With suarez i find it alot more complex but equally wrong how its been handled. I have a big problem with the fa seeming to take the moral highground and ban him for 8 games. You cant treat everyone the same, its how suarez and the people of uruguay have been brought up, people sayin ''its no excuse'' well no its not, but its a reason, and a valid one in my eyes. If hed have thought it was wrong hed have denied saying it but he never did and surely he needs educating not banning. I dont believe in instances of name calling type racism the fa should get involved, maybe the fa could of handed the info into liverpool and made dalglish deal with it, release statement or punish if they like. After all if he is racist the people who know him best would know. I dont think individual cases like this need dealing with by fa, it wdnt be footballs problem but societys and the fact the fa think they can bring an end to racism is a joke in itself. Im not excusing it or say ignore it but if a manager did stand by a racist player who else in that team would play for him. It would sort itself out. The large scale that it used to happen in stands and still abroad needs dealing with but i dont believe incidents like this require that severe an action under there own personal circumstance. Are the fa now gonna step in if a player makes a remark about someones wife etc and the player complains about abuse?. It looks to me like there just flexing there muscles and showing off to the rest of europe.

I think the majority of the media and fa are hypocrits. How often thru the years do we see a gerrard, terry, scholes, keane etc chuck in a really bad challenge and these media just laugh it off as being 'lucky to get away with it'' or ''scholes cant tackle''. Then essien or a song does the same and they lambast them as threatning someones career? racist? The fa are allways goin soft on sir alex and recently redknapp. Avb, mourinho, wenger or benitez get done by the fa. Racist? This is only my opinion and im not saying im right but i dont buy the fa as clamping down at all, there just trying to be bigger then they are.

Good post Len -I alluded to your points in shorter terms before.

I also think standing back from it theres an elephant in the room -ie its the FAs response to Blatter and FIFAs couldnt care less about racism attitude, by saying, look this is how we deal with it