Paul Pogba

Madmax

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oscar + cash for Pogba and Salah + cash for Griezmann.

Chelsea treble 2015/16. :lol:

You should write "Player swap deals are a myth and don't actually happen in real life" 200 times using a different color for each line. Go!

You should write "Player swap deals are a myth and don't actually happen in real life" 200 times using a different color for each line. Go!

We essentially just did one ourselves last January with Salah and Cuadrado. Even threw in a friendly match on top.

Straight player swaps don't happen but I wouldn't be surprised if one of our highly rated players is used as a makeweight. I highly doubt it'll happen of course.

looking at the big picture. e.g. what it would cost us not only in transfer fee and salary. but subsequent players who would end up leaving either in a package deal or because their path to the 1st team would be blocked..say for example..Oscar leaving in a package deal and RLC leaving eventually and possibly other Midfielders. possible changing of base formation to try and fit him in.

I`m not as pro this transfer as most.

A few years ago the same argument being used for not signing Neymar is the same for not signing Pogbs now, only difference was his name was Kakuta and not RLC.

If Ruben turns out to be as good as people think he can be he will make it whether we sign Pogba or not.

Hi friend!

Yes, totally agree with you. In fact, in the Jose has placed Fabrega in important matches near to Matic to have a better distribution of the ball from behind.

And Pogba with more freely in the position of No. 10 or, better said , As an attacking midfielder.

Fabregas Matic

Ramires Zouma

Pogba

RLC

Griezmann Hazard

Willian Remy

Diego Costa

Falcao

It's a good idea.

Regards.

If we sign Pogba I can see him playing AM vs lesser sides but I can see Mou training him for a more disciplined role in big games.

Or maybe a 4-3-3 with Cesc and Pogba interchanging who is the furthest forward?

Been saying it ever for however long now, Chelsea would be absolute mugs had they not entertained the thought of bringing in Pogba. Paul is quite simply tailor made for a Jose Mourinho midfield and even if the proposed fee is high, the inclusion of a player swap make this almost too tantalizing to ignore!

If we give them Oscar and 35m, Pogba's amortized fee on a 5 year deal would be 14m( 7m plus yearly wage of 7.12m) that is extremely good value on one of the best midfielders in the world. We could re-negotiate that contract to two years and it becomes miniscule.

Numbers aside Matic, Pogba, Cesc, Loftus-Cheek, Ramires is best midfield compliment in the world. I truly believe that and I also think the game is won and lost in the midfield we add Pogba and we will rule the roost for years.

A few years ago the same argument being used for not signing Neymar than was for not signing Pogbs now, only difference was his name was Kakuta and not RLC.

If Ruben turns out to be as good as people think he can be he will make it whether we sign Pogba or not.

I don't understand why people don't see this? If he's good enough he will play! Jose only has an allegiance to winning! If Ruben is good enough no one keeps him out of the side, moreover the fact that he's english gives him a distinct advantage.

The suits should watch more basketball!

We essentially just did one ourselves last January with Salah and Cuadrado. Even threw in a friendly match on top.

Straight player swaps don't happen but I wouldn't be surprised if one of our highly rated players is used as a makeweight. I highly doubt it'll happen of course.

Letting a player go on loan is not really a swap. I mean real swaps. When was the last time those happened? Cole for Gallas? Probability wise they almost don't exist in football.

Pogba's amortized fee on a 5 year deal would be 14m( 7m plus yearly wage of 7.12m) that is extremely good value on one of the best midfielders in the world. We could re-negotiate that contract to two years and it becomes miniscule.

If Pogba is asking wages of 10m euros a year net, that means 148k pounds a week net. I dont know the exact taxes in UK, but lets say its 40%, that means we need to pay around 245k pounds gross. Hazard is on 200k gross.

If we want to sign Pogba, he'll have to come down from 10m Euros a year, while other clubs probably offering him that.

Letting a player go on loan is not really a swap. I mean real swaps. When was the last time those happened? Cole for Gallas? Probability wise they almost don't exist in football.

Some clubs like inter do them fairly regularly

Etoó and Ibra? but yeah, can't think of any other. it's rare

@Tomo

I don`t really recall the don`t sign Neymar because we have Kakuta,nor me ever being a part of that.

but i used more than one player being effected by Pogba being signed..and even without the added transfer fee I wouldn`t swap Oscar and RLC`s place in the matchday squad to have Pogba. players who was just used as an example.

Just because a player is young doesn't mean he has potential to fill out still and this is what concerns me a little. I think Pogba is already at his peak and what you see is what you'll get. I don't see in which areas he could become a better player without sacrificing his other qualities first.

Eliminating this intangible 'potential' factor should IMO slash the transfer fees being touted by at least half.

In today's market I'd not be mad at £25m for him. And i know he won't go for that, because football is stupid. But you absolutely must be a more consistent & influential player to command such fees as £60m.... :| So much money for such little individual influence is cringe-worthy.

The area I think he will improve on is goals , I see him reaching toure/lampard figures

The last swap plus cash would be Matic for Luiz.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You