Paul Pogba

Madmax

Possibly, just seems like the club isn't going to spend big money on any one player. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

I beg to differ. We have to spend big money on at least one player, this is a chance to get to that next level. I really feel we will make one marquee signing this year.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ. We have to spend big money on at least one player, this is a chance to get to that next level. I really feel we will make one marquee signing this year.

The more i look at his window the more i believe we won't make any class signing :(

I dont understand why we arent doing all we can to sign him. We know he would make a great help to us. Hes a young stromg world class talent that would earn back the money spent on him very fast thru sales and endorsements.

We are supposedly building a team that will gel and be together for years. But instead we have 4 defenders over 30 and continually linked with 2 other defenders 30 plus.

I know we dont have the pull of 'the big clubs' for whatever reason but we are always 'linked' with every has been and want to be that either pops his head up or whose agent wants a higher profile for his client.

We are Chelsea. We should be trying to get world class players for our upgrades like Pogba. Its not like we havent got a few quid and if we are going to compete in Europe (unlike this year) then we need to put our hand in our pocket.

I dont understand why we arent doing all we can to sign him. We know he would make a great help to us. Hes a young stromg world class talent that would earn back the money spent on him very fast thru sales and endorsements.

We are supposedly building a team that will gel and be together for years. But instead we have 4 defenders over 30 and continually linked with 2 other defenders 30 plus.

I know we dont have the pull of 'the big clubs' for whatever reason but we are always 'linked' with every has been and want to be that either pops his head up or whose agent wants a higher profile for his client.

We are Chelsea. We should be trying to get world class players for our upgrades like Pogba. Its not like we havent got a few quid and if we are going to compete in Europe (unlike this year) then we need to put our hand in our pocket.

A team has to have the right mixture of talent, work ethic, youth, prime players and experience. A squad full of 25 year olds won't have the mental fortitude to keep it together when the going gets tough. Defenders are good leaders. I would like Pogba at chelsea but who knows if Jose wants him. He's young and would be for the future, but maybe Jose wants someone more experienced.

A team has to have the right mixture of talent, work ethic, youth, prime players and experience. A squad full of 25 year olds won't have the mental fortitude to keep it together when the going gets tough. Defenders are good leaders. I would like Pogba at chelsea but who knows if Jose wants him. He's young and would be for the future, but maybe Jose wants someone more experienced.

I do get the whole balance thing

......But if we are going to build a team for the future wouldnt stability be a great help towards that? And having a back 4 that will be together for awhile instead of having to change them all anyways shortly and to be completely honest we could do better with 2 of them (plus JT more than likely in his last year). I just dont understand us even considering bringing in 30 year old defenders seeing theyre not going to be round that long. I cant see owt wrong bringing in 26/27 year olds.

Age doesnt make a player better and I dont think it creates mental fortitude. I think its more about relevant experience of the situation theyre in. Look at Tebo and the experience he got in Spain.

I couldnt see why he wouldnt like Pogba with us unless Roman doesnt want to pay much more than £30 mill for a player now

Because Pogba will cost 70m pounds, and the club thinks he doesn't worth it? Maybe they don't think the hype is right? that he isn't a complete and a consistent midfielder? Lots of reasons not to go for Pogba, those are my reasons anyway.

Because Pogba will cost 70m pounds, and the club thinks he doesn't worth it? Maybe they don't think the hype is right? that he isn't a complete and a consistent midfielder? Lots of reasons not to go for Pogba, those are my reasons anyway.

exactly

I do get the whole balance thing

......But if we are going to build a team for the future wouldnt stability be a great help towards that? And having a back 4 that will be together for awhile instead of having to change them all anyways shortly and to be completely honest we could do better with 2 of them (plus JT more than likely in his last year). I just dont understand us even considering bringing in 30 year old defenders seeing theyre not going to be round that long. I cant see owt wrong bringing in 26/27 year olds.

Age doesnt make a player better and I dont think it creates mental fortitude. I think its more about relevant experience of the situation theyre in. Look at Tebo and the experience he got in Spain.

I couldnt see why he wouldnt like Pogba with us unless Roman doesnt want to pay much more than £30 mill for a player now

You're absolutely right, a young team would be ideal. But if they went with Varane-Zouma and Pogba that would give them 6 players in the starting XI under 25. Young teams rarely win anything and i think it'd be ideal to get someone like Godin who is a leader and a top class centerback, although on the older side, to partner with Varane/Zouma. Is Tibo really a leader? I don't think, he's 23 years old, he can't rally troops. You need experienced players in the XI to provide that balance and composure, imo.

Also, I don't think Pogba is worth more than £40-45m.

You're absolutely right, a young team would be ideal. But if they went with Varane-Zouma and Pogba that would give them 6 players in the starting XI under 25. Young teams rarely win anything and i think it'd be ideal to get someone like Godin who is a leader and a top class centerback, although on the older side, to partner with Varane/Zouma. Is Tibo really a leader? I don't think, he's 23 years old, he can't rally troops. You need experienced players in the XI to provide that balance and composure, imo.

Also, I don't think Pogba is worth more than £40-45m.

And you dont see a harm in us having to change Godin yet again shortly and disrupting the whole defence rather than get someone 4 or 3 years younger (still a good 26/27) that will stay around awhile?

But i do agree theres a good £10mill of hype on Pogbas shoulders.

But my dream is having those 3 French lads together. I'm smiling now just thinking of it.

And you dont see a harm in us having to change Godin yet again shortly and disrupting the whole defence rather than get someone 4 or 3 years younger (still a good 26/27) that will stay around awhile?

But i do agree theres a good £10mill of hype on Pogbas shoulders.

But my dream is having those 3 French lads together. I'm smiling now just thinking of it.

Not really. I mean, in the big picture Chelsea can afford to do that, it's not like they'd be paying outrageous money for someone like Godin and they would get, not only talent, but intangibles that are priceless, imo.

Not really. I mean, in the big picture Chelsea can afford to do that, it's not like they'd be paying outrageous money for someone like Godin and they would get, not only talent, but intangibles that are priceless, imo.

Yeah OK. Just playing devils advocate. I know hes a really good player and would probably do well for us. But Id dearly love Varane/Zouma

What I do notice from my experience's not only online but in real life is the people who rarely see him think he's overrated and overhyped yet the one's who watch him regularly think he is a great player and will only get better.

£50m plus in isolation is a lot, but 10-12 year's of one of the best player's in the world would make that price worth it.

What I do notice from my experience's not only online but in real life is the people who rarely see him think he's overrated and overhyped yet the one's who watch him regularly think he is a great player and will only get better.

£50m plus in isolation is a lot, but 10-12 year's of one of the best player's in the world would make that price worth it.

I'd be interested to see some of the comments from supporters who were against Neymar's signing. Barca had no trouble breaking the rules to get him signed and nobody is looking at the overall outlay for him being ridiculous. This was a guy who never played in any big tourney's(maybe a Copa America) or in Europe in general. Meanwhile Pogba has played a huge part in Juve's resurgence and also in France's most recent world cup bid (Jose named him young player of the tournament)

I tend to watch Juve a lot mainly because I like watching him play and while it seems like a lot of money if Luke Shaw is 30m then surely Pogba is in and around 60m. Market dictates price.

Now I think that Chelsea have a good chance to get Pogba.

When you analyse where every team stands, Chelsea aren't far behind to make a move. The stumbling block will be a package to Pogba and his agent though. It would need Hazard thing and Roman admiration towards player to do so. But it's possible.

I don't get the hopes up but surely Chelsea are in contention. Club have the money and need and there is a wild card (Oscar) in play too.

Even though I think that Pogba isn't worth the money that is asked, with ever-growing turnovers which in Chelsea case will hit like 420m£ in 2016-17 season, 50m£ isn't much for 10 years service with Jose tutelage on highest quality material.

Where are people getting £50m from? I thought Juve were asking for a lot more than that?

€70 mil is crazy money though. Juve are very lucky to be in the position to ask that much money, possibly more. They're always the winners in this deal as they'll survive without him.

If it ends up being a cash plus Oscar deal it will be the perfect scenario. In that particular case it's harder to discern the true valuation.

If we end up paying 35m and Oscar for pogba, the book value on such a deal is ridiculously less than buying him outright. Even if he gets a similar amount to what we paid hazard (rumoured to be about 175k/week) that number is minuscule to the big picture.

The fact that Juve are interested in Oscar makes this an all the more likely scenario. We would be idiots not to look at adding him in a player swap.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You