Paul Pogba

Madmax

2bh lads i cant see mourinho buying pobga because hes useless without the ball thats why fergie didnt rate him and mourinho hates players like that i rather have modric or koke in are team instead of pobga

Fergie didnt rate him because he thought he could break him(and his agent) by keeping him with the kids and building him back up in his own image. It didnt work.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant believe that some people think City can get Pogba, Stelring and De Bruyne... I bet that even their fans dont think Pogba will go there.

Stelring and De Bruyne would be the maximum, but both together will probably cost around 90m pounds, so they'll need to sell.

Cant believe that some people think City can get Pogba, Stelring and De Bruyne... I bet that even their fans dont think Pogba will go there.

Stelring and De Bruyne would be the maximum, but both together will probably cost around 90m pounds, so they'll need to sell.

Right. And it's not like City have a whole lot they CAN sell. They may get one top player, but i doubt they get two.

If ManCity get Pogba and Sterling and maybe even de Bruyne we will be in trouble as soon as they get a competent manager in.

Pellegrini has literally done what Mou has done in his first two season at Man City. Only exception is Mou double is fresher in people mind, while Pelle won his double in his first season.

Pogba is very likely heading to PSG anyway.

Pellegrini has literally done what Mou has done in his first two season at Man City. Only exception is Mou double is fresher in people mind, while Pelle won his double in his first season.

Well, yea. But Chelsea has improved, City hs regressed. Chelsea lost 4 games last season City lost more than that in the league. Chelsea have sold and bought well, City haven't.

Pogba not yet world class....only has the potential to be....its folks like you making d valuation price of Pogba to be outrageous ridiculous and unreal....if Jose or the board is willing to go for him...cool, but I have reason(s) beyond reasonable doubt they wont due to the fucking price....

he is going to be world class and is still only 21 i think that is reason enough to buy him. that said i don't think he is worth 80-90 million euros, he is worth maybe 40-50 million euros

Well, yea. But Chelsea has improved, City hs regressed. Chelsea lost 4 games last season City lost more than that in the league. Chelsea have sold and bought well, City haven't.

True Chelsea seems to be on the way up, and City regressing. But that doesn't mean it is entirety down to Mou and Pellegrini. Every team has a cycle, usually a five year cycle. City is in the midst of that, it is not entirely Pelle fault it is just the nature of football.

Well see how City responds next season, more importantly wonder how we respond next season. It would be quite tough to win the league again next season, most teams have a down year after winning the league. City is a quite a good example, and Mou Madrid experienced the same thing in his third year.

Pellegrini inherited the most expensive and best squad in the league with ease and won the title after 2 other clubs threw it away. Totally incomparable to Mourinho who had to completely revamp and rebuild the side and then walked the league. We also did much better in Europe.

Pellegrini inherited the most expensive and best squad in the league with ease and won the title after 2 other clubs threw it away. Totally incomparable to Mourinho who had to completely revamp and rebuild the side and then walked the league. We also did much better in Europe.

I don't believe that. That is like saying AVB inherited the most expensive and highest paid squad in the PL when he took over Chelsea years ago. Lets be honest was that really the case?

Mou didn't revamp the squad by himself, the rebuilding process for Chelsea started a year before he arrived. Yes Mou helped the rebuilding process, but just no he did not rebuild the squad by himself. Because guys like Hazard, Oscar, Azpi, Tibo(on loan), Ivan, Terry, etc were already there.

Personally i would take Chelsea over Man City any day of the week if given the opportunity two years ago. I rather take a rebuilding team with a great foundation. Hazard, KDB, Tibo, Azpi, Oscar, Mata, Lukaku, unlimited cash, great academy, etc. I'll take that any day, i would take a hungry, young, talented team with some obvious deficiency(DM,CM,ST). Rather then City, yes a better team initially but long term not so promising. City is a tough job if you take a longer then 1-2 years perspective. Yes they were the most talented squad in the league; but a very experienced and aging squad. Its hard to make many changes to squad like that if you want to implement your own tactics and mentality. Because there is immense pressure to continue what has been successful.

I am a builder and somewhat a control freak, so it unconscionable to imagine City was a better job. You will have no luck changing my mind.

Right. And it's not like City have a whole lot they CAN sell. They may get one top player, but i doubt they get two.

City can sell a lot.

They still have that young cb nastasic, one of their leftbacks, yaya toure, jovetic and negredo/dzeko. Along with that young belgian kid that did really well in the friendly game. Nasri could probably still get a +20 m fee

If ManCity get Pogba and Sterling and maybe even de Bruyne we will be in trouble as soon as they get a competent manager in.

it's not like City didn't win the epl title with pelligrini.

I think Pirlo is definitely gone...

He's in NYC apparently for like the 10x already, which means that selling Pogba this window is not an option for Juventus. Also, Frank Lampard (official account) liked his picture of new york city.

The full article from Di Marzio:

"But now there is also Chelsea, who has contacted the player's entourage.

There is an issue tied to the wages, Pogba is asking €10 million net of taxes a season, as well as the 20% requested on a potential future resale,

which would go to agent Raiola, as well as the player's marketing rights which belong to Pogba's former agent Tanazefti.

The negotiation could however take place despite these hurdles, Pogba is at the top of the wish list of many big clubs".

Just because a player is young doesn't mean he has potential to fill out still and this is what concerns me a little. I think Pogba is already at his peak and what you see is what you'll get. I don't see in which areas he could become a better player without sacrificing his other qualities first.

Eliminating this intangible 'potential' factor should IMO slash the transfer fees being touted by at least half.

In today's market I'd not be mad at £25m for him. And i know he won't go for that, because football is stupid. But you absolutely must be a more consistent & influential player to command such fees as £60m.... :| So much money for such little individual influence is cringe-worthy.

I think our chances in getting a deal with Juventus is very high (if we want him so bad). They like Oscar, they also reportedly interested in Cuadrado and Salah.

The bigger problems are Pogba's willingness to join us, and his wages.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You