Frank Lampard

DavidEU

I disagree that Lampard and Mikel can work together well. They are good as individual players but as a partnership they just don't work. RDM definitely needs to try another pair to try and find our best pairing as we cannot progress with these two as our starters.

It did work!!!! Chelsea won the FA Cup with Lampard and Mikel in the double pivot. They won the CL with Lampard and Mikel in the double pivot. They have 6 points from the 2 games they started this season with the two of them in the double pivot but it can't possibly work!!! Why? Because they looked poor in an exhibition game where the entire team played poorly. It's incredible. Lampard was one of the better midfielders in the Premier League last season but one or two mediocre games this year and guess what, he's done. It's not that it's plastic (which it is), it's just stupid to put so much faith into such a small sample size. Meireles has one good game and people forgot all about last year (Next bad game he has, people will forget about this good game). I'm not supporting Lampard because he is the greatest player to ever play for Chelsea, I am supporting Lampard, because he was one of our best players last season and I don't write off players entirely because of a couple of bad games..Also, I don't blame Lampard for every single play that goes wrong the way many do on here.

It did work!!!! Chelsea won the FA Cup with Lampard and Mikel in the double pivot. They won the CL with Lampard and Mikel in the double pivot. They have 6 points from the 2 games they started this season with the two of them in the double pivot but it can't possibly work!!! Why? Because they looked poor in an exhibition game where the entire team played poorly. It's incredible. Lampard was one of the better midfielders in the Premier League last season but one or two mediocre games this year and guess what, he's done. It's not that it's plastic (which it is), it's just stupid to put so much faith into such a small sample size. Meireles has one good game and people forgot all about last year (Next bad game he has, people will forget about this good game). I'm not supporting Lampard because he is the greatest player to ever play for Chelsea, I am supporting Lampard, because he was one of our best players last season and I don't write off players entirely because of a couple of bad games..Also, I don't blame Lampard for every single play that goes wrong the way many do on here.

Yes they worked in the FA cup and Champions League, but we basically sat back and defended in both and counter attacked. Lampard was good last year because we played in a way that suited him. However when we are trying to play quick passing football, him and Mikel slow down the play allowing other teams to fall back and defend. Im not writing him off due to a bad game, just saying he needs to improve his distribution and to learn to sit back a bit more, as we are getting exposed at the back and he does not have the pace to get back.. He faced the same criticism when we tried to play attacking football last year and was only good when we played in a counter-attacking style. Yes they have 6 points from 2 games, but they were not hard games and we were often exposed in defence.

F.Lampard (F stand for FAT) 34 years old, lets be honest if his name wasn't Lampard he would've been long gone or rot on the bench like Malouda, cause he is quite past it.I don't mind him playing a Giggs type of role (something like super-sub if goal is needed) but play him in the double pivot as a starter, is quite laughable for a club like CHELSEA.RDM need's to cool his head and make the right decision and that is inevitably to drop frankie.

All you do is slag off every player.

Yes they worked in the FA cup and Champions League, but we basically sat back and defended in both and counter attacked. Lampard was good last year because we played in a way that suited him. However when we are trying to play quick passing football, him and Mikel slow down the play allowing other teams to fall back and defend. Im not writing him off due to a bad game, just saying he needs to improve his distribution and to learn to sit back a bit more, as we are getting exposed at the back and he does not have the pace to get back.. He faced the same criticism when we tried to play attacking football last year and was only good when we played in a counter-attacking style. Yes they have 6 points from 2 games, but they were not hard games and we were often exposed in defence.

I agree that he's not a good fit for the style Chelsea want to move to, but neither is Terry and he's still our best CB. The change to the new system was never going to be overnight. We are not going to suddenly start playing quick, passing football this year. It's a project and Lampard will need to be replaced long-term, but long-term does not mean after a couple of mediocre games.

I agree that he's not a good fit for the style Chelsea want to move to, but neither is Terry and he's still our best CB. The change to the new system was never going to be overnight. We are not going to suddenly start playing quick, passing football this year. It's a project and Lampard will need to be replaced long-term, but long-term does not mean after a couple of mediocre games.

Yes i accept it will take a while to develop into a quick passing team, its just i don't think we can do this still playing Lampard and therefore he should be used as an impact sub. I thought we would of brought in a CM to suit our new style this window, it would of made sense.

Where have I read the those posts before? That's right...I read them here last year.

Lamps has been written off so many times it's actually funny. He'll prove everyone wrong gain with a dozen or so goals. What's new this time, is he wasn't anywhere near our worst performer the last match, guess we just need a scapegoat.

Where have I read the those posts before? That's right...I read him hear last year.

Lamps has been written off so many times it's actually funny. He'll prove everyone wrong gain with a dozen or so goals. What's new this time, is he wasn't anywhere near our worst performer the last match, guess we just need a scapegoat.

And suddenly Meireles has become our midfield savior...

Where have I read the those posts before? That's right...I read him hear last year.

And this is why you're Member of the Month! :)

Where have I read the those posts before? That's right...I read them here last year.

On twitter I have even seen worse. I have seen tweets asking for Tuftie Meireles to start over Supa Lamps :o I seen this movie before & I know how it turns out ;)

Well yeah, we write him of and let him spit in our faces. That's how it works haha :D

Everybody who says that "F.Lampard (F stand for FAT) 34 years old, lets be honest if his name wasn't Lampard he would've been long gone or rot on the bench like Malouda, cause he is quite past it." dont deserves to be on this earth , go to hell plastic fan.

"Lampard is a Legend, but he should not be a starter!" : There is no one better than him , Oscar maybe but its not his position.Well as i said last time , time will prove you wrong , Lampard is a special player.

Everyone was playing crap that game, but the more distinct problem we have and not just that game is we are bad against fast counter attacking teams. Brani and Lamps were too slow, maybe their positioning or maybe they are not the right players for that position.

This meireles against lamps are not new at all, in fact there was a spell last year that we won consecutive important games with meireles at starting 11 and super frank at the bench.

34 yrs old player a starter for a club that has ambitions to win PL and defend CL with attacking brand football.

JOKE.

Isn't Xavi 34 as well? Is playing him a joke too? Are Barcelona not capable of attacking brand football with Xavi playing?

Age means nothing if a player is good enough. I have my doubts over Lampard but at the moment we don't really have better options so might as well play him. We bought so many new players for other positions this summer that getting a player like Modric as well simply wasn't possible anymore. Maybe we'll come back to this next year when we at least don't have to improve other areas so much.

34 yrs old player a starter for a club that has ambitions to win PL and defend CL with attacking brand football.

JOKE.

Paolo Maldini was 39 when he started against Liverpool in the 2007 Champions League Final. AC Milan won 2-1. He was a permanent starter for AC Milan until he retired.

Javier Zanetti was 37 when he started aginast Bayern Munich in the 2010 Champions League Final. Inter Milan won 2-0. He continues to play for Inter Milan and is permanent starter.

Age is nothing but a number.

JOKE.

That post is a JOKE. If I remember it right, i think it was May 19, a certain guy... I think his name was something with D....Didier Drogba, he also was 33,no 34 yrs old got his team the most important trophy in football, am I right?