Frank Lampard

DavidEU

great photo of Frank. He's always looked very much like his Dad, bu he is the far more handsome guy. Would absolutely love him to take his badges after retirement and immediately start as a manager, for sure he'd get decent jobs due to his standing right at the beginning.

If he wants to help the team win, he really needs to learn to stay back. He gets forward way too much and too often. Right now he's playing like one of those little cherry pickers who couldn't care less about anything other than scoring. That's a very low level football

I hate to say it, but Meireles is the right man to play with Mikel in this midfield.

But it seems RDM doenst want to upset Lampard...

Exactly...I mean, Meireles was absolutely mediocre all of last year while Lampard played very well, but clearly the one game where Meireles played well matters more than anything else!

Exactly...I mean, Meireles was absolutely mediocre all of last year while Lampard played very well, but clearly the one game where Meireles played well matters more than anything else!

I like Lampard but he does go forward a lot and obviously doesn't have the stamina to get back when we lose the ball, which is a problem.

Not saying Meireles is the solution, but we have to try different options in the double pivot.

Fuck Meireles , the useless players most of the time , Lampard didn't play well so ? He still is our best midifelder with Juan , the 4-2-3-1 has limits , the 4-3-3 is and will always be our formation , why we dont use a Mikel Lampard Oscar in midfield and Mata Hazard Torres up front ? We should try this.The players were just beaten because their opponents wanted more , and tactically RDM lost it.

I like Lampard but he does go forward a lot and obviously doesn't have the stamina to get back when we lose the ball, which is a problem.

Not saying Meireles is the solution, but we have to try different options in the double pivot.

I don't think Lampard should be playing every game, but I think the problem is way way overstated. A few points

1) Lampard's overall positioning in games is exactly where it should be. He makes runs but the deep lying midfielder is supposed to make some runs. He probably make a couple too many a game but his position is not primarily a defensive position. His average position is a few feet in front and to the left of Mikel which is where it should be.

2) He could be more disciplined, but he's still our best bet in the position. Meireles was poor all last season.

3) He played very well in that exact position last season. The midfield 2 was never a problem under RDM last season. Looking mediocre in an exhibition game doesn't negate 20-something positive games.

4) There is a domino effect here. Because Mata and Hazard both like playing up the middle, Mata is actually dropping way back to close to Lampard's position to get the ball. Lampard then staying in the same position as Mata is pointless which leads him to making runs. If you look at the positioning of our midfielders in the Wigan and Reading games, our midfield was bunched up the middle. Spacing and defining roles is our biggest early issue.

5) We're 3-0 in the league. Hardly time to make wholesale changes anyway.

I don't think Lampard should be playing every game, but I think the problem is way way overstated. A few points

1) Lampard's overall positioning in games is exactly where it should be. He makes runs but the deep lying midfielder is supposed to make some runs. He probably make a couple too many a game but his position is not primarily a defensive position. His average position is a few feet in front and to the left of Mikel which is where it should be.

2) He could be more disciplined, but he's still our best bet in the position. Meireles was poor all last season.

3) He played very well in that exact position last season. The midfield 2 was never a problem under RDM last season. Looking mediocre in an exhibition game doesn't negate 20-something positive games.

4) There is a domino effect here. Because Mata and Hazard both like playing up the middle, Mata is actually dropping way back to close to Lampard's position to get the ball. Lampard then staying in the same position as Mata is pointless which leads him to making runs. If you look at the positioning of our midfielders in the Wigan and Reading games, our midfield was bunched up the middle. Spacing and defining roles is our biggest early issue.

5) We're 3-0 in the league. Hardly time to make wholesale changes anyway.

There's no problem with a Lampard-Mikel midfield in games against the likes of Reading, but against better sides i don't think it works.

I know it's very tempting to point out last season, but we were playing differently, we sat back and waited for teams to make mistakes, instead of looking to grab the initiative.

Now we have the ball more, and when Lampard makes that run into the box and we lose the ball in that sequence it causes a lot of problems because Mikel is the only one back covering the defenders.

I would really prefer if we play 2 outright defensive midfielders in big games.

I know it's very tempting to point out last season, but we were playing differently, we sat back and waited for teams to make mistakes, instead of looking to grab the initiative.

Now we have the ball more, and when Lampard makes that run into the box and we lose the ball in that sequence it causes a lot of problems because Mikel is the only one back covering the defenders.

I would really prefer if we play 2 outright defensive midfielders in big games.

Nobody plays with two outright defensive midfielders. It's way too defensive a system and means you can't move the ball to your forwards well enough to generate an attack either. Lampard really shouldn't be covering for our defenders all that much. We are not playing a 4-3-3 with our backs bombing down the wings where our defensive midfielder need to cover the gaps. Our width should be coming from the attacking 3 midfielders meaning that Lampard should be 6th line of defence. Again, we need to work on positioning. Our defenders (especially Luiz and Ivanovic) need to be more disciplined in this new system.

Look at the discussion we're having. Luiz had a shocker of a game (Even the goal where Ramires made a mess of it, look at the replay, where exactly is Luiz? Lampard is back before him.) ..no matter what, the blame wheel always comes back to Lampard. If we don't score, it's his fault. If we give up goals, it's his fault. If we play well, it has nothing to do with him. People need scapegoats and unfortunately, this year it's going to be the greatest player in Chelsea history that serves the role.

Lampard is not the problem , the defence was very very poor , Lampard need a bit more agressive , wait and see , for me he'll be again very good this season , Lampard is always fantastic when the winter comes ! January he'll be our best player.

Lampard is not the problem , the defence was very very poor , Lampard need a bit more agressive , wait and see , for me he'll be again very good this season , Lampard is always fantastic when the winter comes ! January he'll be our best player.

Lampard is a Legend, but he should not be a starter!

He is not part of Abramovich so-called beautiful football!