Frank Lampard

DavidEU

fat lampard f off

Dude that's outrageous!!!!

He's a brilliant player, just his legs have gone!

He's not fat either

Ok, he didn't have a gret game, but the Manager selected him, what's he supposed to say? No - I don't wanna play?

Fault lies with RDM - NOT Lampard!

You could say but not entirely. Lampard is at fault too as he has responsiblities in that starting XI to make sure the team is stable and solid in midfield.

But the manager is picking him. A player is never going to admit they are no longer good enough to perform?

Seriously, it's a tough job, but that's what RDM needs to tell Lampard....

RDM got his tactics completely wrong, the defense was absolutely disgraceful, and it's Lampard who yet again is the scapegoat. Surprise surprise :rolleyes:

Drogba was the man who'd score when we mostly needed a goal, and after him Lampard was always there to save our ass. I think that the fans are forgetting that this can't last forever. He can no longer be the hero when 10 other men are playing shit.

This is why Ferguson is so great. He is like a machine. Doesn't let sentimentality get in the way of acknowledging when a player is past it.

Thats why he's still relying on 'back from retirement' Paul Scholes to save his midfield game and dont buy a new CM that he need so much?

Nobody plays with two outright defensive midfielders. It's way too defensive a system and means you can't move the ball to your forwards well enough to generate an attack either. Lampard really shouldn't be covering for our defenders all that much. We are not playing a 4-3-3 with our backs bombing down the wings where our defensive midfielder need to cover the gaps. Our width should be coming from the attacking 3 midfielders meaning that Lampard should be 6th line of defence. Again, we need to work on positioning. Our defenders (especially Luiz and Ivanovic) need to be more disciplined in this new system.

Look at the discussion we're having. Luiz had a shocker of a game (Even the goal where Ramires made a mess of it, look at the replay, where exactly is Luiz? Lampard is back before him.) ..no matter what, the blame wheel always comes back to Lampard. If we don't score, it's his fault. If we give up goals, it's his fault. If we play well, it has nothing to do with him. People need scapegoats and unfortunately, this year it's going to be the greatest player in Chelsea history that serves the role.

Yeah i agree, wasn't thinking when i said that :P a box to box midfielder with a great engine like Ramires would be great to play alongside Mikel, but his passing is just shocking and he will surely cost us goals.

Only Meireles and Lampard available now to play alongside Mikel and Romeu. RDM just has to pick the right games to use them, Lampard can make all the runs he wants against bottom of the table teams.

Thats why he's still relying on 'back from retirement' Paul Scholes to save his midfield game and dont buy a new CM that he need so much?

The way Scholes plays though age isn't really as important. His passing is superb, he keeps Utd ticking. I'd happily have him in the double pivot over Lampard right now.

Exactly...I mean, Meireles was absolutely mediocre all of last year while Lampard played very well, but clearly the one game where Meireles played well matters more than anything else!

It is quite funny how Meireles is suddenly the saviour. People have completely forgotten his bad performances.

My problem with Frank is not whether he should start or not, he's definitely good enough. He just needs to curb his attacking nature a little bit more, which he has done to a certain extent, but he needs to remain more disciplined, and be more assured in possession. Frank is under-utilising his vision as well. He has the ability to do all this but so far he's underperforming.

It's unbelievable how one pass can completely negate our whole midfield. RDM needs to instruct whoever is in that pivot to drop in the empty spaces (or at least block their lanes) our full backs leave when they go up.

It's more of a tactical problem than anything else IMO, Mikel and Lamps could potentially work really well together, but RDM just needs to find the right formula.

That's because Scholes isn't past it.

He isnt the right guy to play with Carrick/Cleverly, which is very much like Lampard isnt the right guy to play with Mikel. Scholes isnt mobile enoguh, do things very slowly, cant press - overall do very very little on defense. And those things being said by United fans all the time. The grass is always greener....

Lampard did very well last season (with RDM) when we played in a certain way, therefore i dont think he's totally past it. He just dont need to be first choise in Chelsea, especialy not with Mikel besides.

* Wait, you dont think man u had to get a new CM/CDM this summer?

F.Lampard (F stand for FAT) 34 years old, lets be honest if his name wasn't Lampard he would've been long gone or rot on the bench like Malouda, cause he is quite past it.I don't mind him playing a Giggs type of role (something like super-sub if goal is needed) but play him in the double pivot as a starter, is quite laughable for a club like CHELSEA.RDM need's to cool his head and make the right decision and that is inevitably to drop frankie.

It is quite funny how Meireles is suddenly the saviour. People have completely forgotten his bad performances.

My problem with Frank is not whether he should start or not, he's definitely good enough. He just needs to curb his attacking nature a little bit more, which he has done to a certain extent, but he needs to remain more disciplined, and be more assured in possession. Frank is under-utilising his vision as well. He has the ability to do all this but so far he's underperforming.

It's unbelievable how one pass can completely negate our whole midfield. RDM needs to instruct whoever is in that pivot to drop in the empty spaces (or at least block their lanes) our full backs leave when they go up.

It's more of a tactical problem than anything else IMO, Mikel and Lamps could potentially work really well together, but RDM just needs to find the right formula.

I disagree that Lampard and Mikel can work together well. They are good as individual players but as a partnership they just don't work. RDM definitely needs to try another pair to try and find our best pairing as we cannot progress with these two as our starters.