Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Depends of what you mean by "distribution". Is that Mikel's 1st distribution from quite deep or Lampard's? Lampard isn't distributing, he's trying to make the link we lack between midfield and the front 3 (what Mata, Hazard should do). A pass is a passer and a receiver, most of the time the 3 line is static so there's an easy explanation for why Lampard misses some of his passes.

No. His passing has been below par in general. Needs to work on it otherwise he won't be able to hold onto a starting place for much longer.

I was not particularly referring to the game, I was talking in general. Just my hope, as at the club level he has been quite poor lately.

Lampard may be nowhere near his best yet but it's only like 4-5 games into the season. Don't see any reason to go anywhere near being panic just yet.

Personally I think the England match highlights exactly what everybody (certainly me) have been saying...

Lampard can play against the weaker teams and still look World Class (no small feat at his age)

Where he will suffer is when he has to deliver for a full 90 mins.

Look at Scholes + Giggs for united, that's how we need to use Frank.

Giggs now has the same pace as normal players - before he would have given Wallcott a run for his money - with age you lose pace. Frank just doesn't have the abilit to go box to box or chase down fast attacking midfielders for 90 mins.

Nobody s saying he is a bad player, the guy is class - we just sve to use him selectively for maximum impact.

No haters - just footballing sense, especially after seeing how well Utd have managed this transition - if tey had a quality striker tey would have won the league last year and Scholes+Giggs were a massive part of this...

This.

Lamps is world class. his fitness is on the decline and that effects everything from effort to technique. he is still a great presence and a game changer, but his time on the pitch may and should be slowly reduced.

Lampard was class against Moldova. A few delusional muppets in here disagree because his pass ratio isn't 100%. Get a fucking grip. I can agree he is slower than he used to be but that's natural. Happens to everyone as they get older, obviously!

Keepers are knowing where he puts the pens now, Lampard unless he changes tact will have to be so accurate in his pens from now on.

Yeah but the fact he always hit it with so much power and pace along with accuracy, the keeper has never really got any chance to save it. His penalty record speaks for itself.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2201605/Frank-Lampard-destined-glory-says-Robbie-Dennison.html

The man credited with helping Frank Lampard grow up fast in senior football has revealed the England midfielder was destined for the top even as a 17-year-old.

After Friday night's two-goal showing against Moldova, Lampard spoke about the experience of sharing a room with former Northern Ireland international Robbie Dennison, then 32, when the pair were on loan at Swansea together.

Lampard, 34, said the experience of living in close quarters with a well-travelled player at the opposite end of his career was an important part of his development.

For his part Dennison, now 49, noticed a rare talent emerging.

'He was very driven lad, ambitious and knew what he wanted to do,' Dennison told the Belfast Telegraph.

'He was a fantastic athlete, I remember that, first and foremost. He could run all day and still does now.

'He is a very intelligent lad, who seems to have no airs and graces. He is fully focused on his game. He hasn't done too badly, has he?'

As for his own part in the Chelsea star's growth as a player, Dennison remains modest.

'You pass on your experiences in conversation, how you may have dealt with things along the way,' he said.

'Hopefully I may have helped him as I had a few years under my belt at Wolves.

'I know he is a very busy man but it would be nice to have a chat after all these years and a bit of a catch-up.'