Frank Lampard

DavidEU

If I could make videos, I would not spend my efforts on making one full of Lampard goals and assists BUT I would concentrate on Frank's sliding tackles and all his penalties - even the missed ones (there would be only a few of them). Both these parts of his game - penalties and sliding tackles - are integral parts connected to Frank and it would awesome to have a video like that. I can't make them but there are people who can :whistling::D

Lampard should start in fewer matches, but not dropped. Also, at 34, his form won't be very good at the start of the season, but should get better in time.

I'd still start him considering how young the new signings are. Meireles, Ramires (or another CM) can provide him some cover.

AVB tried that remember? Sorry, but if Pirlo can do it then Supa Frank can do it. & now Supa is only 14 goals away from Tambling.

AVB tried that remember? Sorry, but if Pirlo can do it then Supa Frank can do it. & now Supa is only 14 goals away from Tambling.

I don't think this is a matter of "wanting," but of "necessity." The fact is Lampard now is 34 and he may struggle when playing twice a week. Different players react differently to aging, but Lampard is fairly tall, which could also make him less mobile later on.

BTW, aside from the hype, I don't think Giggs and Scholes should be playing at all for united. Had they acquired proper replacements (who didn't pick up injuries ever other game) and they both would have been retired by now, or fringe players. Perhaps City deserved the title last season because they did not have to employ so "over-the-hill" players like United did. (No I don't think Lampard is there yet but he will)

We tend to be more emotional over this situation, but the manager and coaches need not be and make decisions based on performance (of course his leadership and experience count as well).

This thread is full of Lampard nuthuggers I see. Well I'm fan of Chelsea FC and if the best thing is for Lampard to be dropped (which it is) then by all means. Why build a new team based around a 34 year old player? And continue to play him in an unnatural position is even more ludicrous.

I think this will be the season we need Lampard's experience more than ever.

It's all good signing these great young players like Hazard, Marin, Oscar and now Moses but we will need a leader alongside them and that will be Lamps.

This thread is full of Lampard nuthuggers I see. Well I'm fan of Chelsea FC and if the best thing is for Lampard to be dropped (which it is) then by all means. Why build a new team based around a 34 year old player? And continue to play him in an unnatural position is even more ludicrous.

We love Lampard because Lampard has been the greatest player in Chelsea history and is still a very good player. We are not basing a team around Lampard in the least and nobody thinks that we should. Frank is clearly the best player for the deep lying midfield role. He was excellent last season in his "unnatural position". People like you who want to shove him out every time he has a poor game are ridiculous. Mata had a whole string of poor games last season. It happens. Our central midfield simply is not a problem at this time. Lampard is not going to be around forever and will need to be transitioned out, but the eagerness for anyone to get rid of him is absurd.

Frank shouldn't be dropped that's ridiculous. Our best pivot pair is the Lampard-Mikel pair.

All Frank needs to do is make himself more available as the outlet for the team, especially for Mikel. If Frank concentrated on that, he'd become vital for this new team. Frank has the ability to be the link man in the team, I believe he just needs to acclimatise, both him and Mikel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2193433/Frank-Lampard-says-Chelsea-team-split-Champions-League-win.html?ITO=1490&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Chelsea midfielder Frank Lampard believes last season's Champions League success saved many players from being shown the exit at Stamford Bridge.

The Blues saw off Bayern Munich in May's final to deliver owner Roman Abramovich the one bit of silverware he desperately wanted - a European title.

It signalled a positive end to a season of ups and downs, with manager Andre Villas-Boas making way for Roberto Di Matteo amid rumours of dressing room unrest and differences with the players - among them Lampard.

And the influential England international admits the Champions League victory helped save the club from a summer of sweeping changes.

'If we had gone out of the Champions League, God knows what would have happened. Looking back, there probably would have been wholesale changes,' he told The Times.

'That's the beauty of winning the Champions League. We remain in the Champions League and can look at spicing things up with new players.

'I didn't really think at the time that that was the end, but looking back, it probably would have been the break-up of that team.'

An understatement Frank. A massive understatement!

And he also spoke about his relationship with AVB a bit...

Lampard also insists he has put behind him his rift with Villas-Boas, who is now in charge at Tottenham.

'Looking back, we were slightly different personalities,' he said.

'What I found hard to handle was not so much the not-playing side, it was the communication - or the not talking about it.

'There are no hard feelings, certainly not from me. We sent messages after he left. I wish him all the best.'

I think this will be the season we need Lampard's experience more than ever.

It's all good signing these great young players like Hazard, Marin, Oscar and now Moses but we will need a leader alongside them and that will be Lamps.

I totally agree with this.

And it is why I want Lampard and Terry to stay here till they retire.

However, that does not means that they should be playing every game full 90 minutes!

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8029697/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Frank Lampard has revealed he is planning a career in management - and there is only one job he has got his eye on.

The Chelsea midfielder has been at Stamford Bridge since 2001 and led the club to UEFA Champions League glory in May.

And the 34-year-old admits his thoughts have turned to the possibility of following the likes of Ruud Gullit, Gianluca Vialli and Roberto Di Matteo from the pitch to the dugout for the Blues.

"I am thinking about my coaching badges now but there is only one club I want to manage," Lampard told The Sun.

"I know it might sound a bit selfish but I wouldn't want to go through 'showing myself' with a lower club.

"Although I would never expect to walk into a position such as the Chelsea manager, this is the only club I'd want to manage."

But Lampard, who has just one year remaining on his current deal at the club, is concerned about destroying his legacy as a player if he were to fail as a manager.

"I'd love to have a crack at it but I'd want to do it well," he added.

"I wouldn't want the supporters to forget everything I've tried to do as a player because I can't manage the team."

Lampard has played under a number of high-profile managers at Stamford Bridge including Claudio Ranieri, Jose Mourinho, Luiz Felipe Scolari, Guus Hiddink and Andre Villas-Boas.

And he feels he has developed an understanding of what to do - and what not to do - from working under those bosses.

He said: "Without doubt I've picked up some good things that I'd do differently. The main thing I've learned is how to treat people properly.

"It's important to respect the players and by doing so, hopefully, you'll earn their respect back.

"We saw that with Jose Mourinho. I saw him being strong with players and having arguments but the vast majority who played or worked for him had a massive amount of respect for him."