Frank Lampard

DavidEU

There is actually much hate and bashing against Lampard. These haters or rather trolls and their"too old" too slow" simply disqualify themselves with their stubborn, repetitive, unsophisticated and in the end useless wirtten garbage. The double pivot has nothing to do with the debate of Lamps aptitude. Lamps would play for us in any role he is wished to play in, not for his personal glory but to serve the club. Lamps is one of the greatest midfielders ever, he has not lost that over the summer, not even this time. Of course he is aging and no 20 yo runner anymore of course he has to work hard, of course he has to raise his game for the big occasion, but I ask you has Lampard given you any reason to believe he can not do so?

There is actually much hate and bashing against Lampard. These haters or rather trolls and their"too old" too slow" simply disqualify themselves with their stubborn, repetitive, unsophisticated and in the end useless wirtten garbage. The double pivot has nothing to do with the debate of Lamps aptitude. Lamps would play for us in any role he is wished to play in, not for his personal glory but to serve the club. Lamps is one of the greatest midfielders ever, he has not lost that over the summer, not even this time. Of course he is aging and no 20 yo runner anymore of course he has to work hard, of course he has to raise his game for the big occasion, but I ask you has Lampard given you any reason to believe he can not do so?

FOR THE LAST FUCKING TIME

NO ONE IS HATING ON LAMPARD

Few days ago,few people were writing him off as a Chelsea player and now everyone singing his name.Let this performance be a reminder of his true potential to all those who ever doubted him.I am sure he will be great for us in the double pivot role as well.

As Sloth said kinda stupid logic u put in here.Frank has place in our squad and club but not as a starter and definitely not in the double pivot.

He has all the skills to play there, he just seems to like to play he has always played, he wants to score. Lampard can make great passes but he has yet to dictate a game, and boss a midfield like we need him too. If this isn't sorted out soon than i am going to blame RDM's coaching skills. Lampard easily has the ability to be a great player in the pivot, he just needs to chane his game, needs to stay in the middle third ( so we always have a body, and try to snuff out the other teams midfield. and make sure he can be a passing option for both the attackers and defenders (so we can always keep posession of the ball and he can then recycle it back out). I am hoping he will start performing better or that we play some games in a 4-3-3.

Let it go mate, Lamprad is one player you don't have to defend. He'll soon silence all his doubters with his performances on the pitch.

I do find it funny, however, that the general thoughts about the double pivot changed from the ideal position for Lamps because he can't play box-to-box anymore, to the source of all evil in the world :lol: I personally am yet to be convinced that the double pivot is the best way to play every match, but the it seems that some people are only capable of expressing opinions that are in the extremes.

Personally I think the England match highlights exactly what everybody (certainly me) have been saying...

Lampard can play against the weaker teams and still look World Class (no small feat at his age)

Where he will suffer is when he has to deliver for a full 90 mins.

Look at Scholes + Giggs for united, that's how we need to use Frank.

Giggs now has the same pace as normal players - before he would have given Wallcott a run for his money - with age you lose pace. Frank just doesn't have the abilit to go box to box or chase down fast attacking midfielders for 90 mins.

Nobody s saying he is a bad player, the guy is class - we just sve to use him selectively for maximum impact.

No haters - just footballing sense, especially after seeing how well Utd have managed this transition - if tey had a quality striker tey would have won the league last year and Scholes+Giggs were a massive part of this...

I just hope the situation now won't be upside down - he has used to be brilliant for the club and poor for England and I so hope it won't be vice versa.

You are not going to read too much into his performance against Moldova, are you? No disrespect to them but they are no world beaters. Just wait for the English media get on his back again when England face a much stiffer opposition.

As Sloth said kinda stupid logic u put in here.Frank has place in our squad and club but not as a starter and definitely not in the double pivot.

wish people would realise the double pivot isnt the elixir of life or the Philosophers Stone ... It is a recent Spanish Innovation .

There are other formations....Paella is crap.

You are not going to read too much into his performance against Moldova, are you? No disrespect to them but they are no world beaters. Just wait for the English media get on his back again when England face a much stiffer opposition.

I was not particularly referring to the game, I was talking in general. Just my hope, as at the club level he has been quite poor lately.

Personally I think the England match highlights exactly what everybody (certainly me) have been saying...

Lampard can play against the weaker teams and still look World Class (no small feat at his age)

Where he will suffer is when he has to deliver for a full 90 mins.

Look at Scholes + Giggs for united, that's how we need to use Frank.

Giggs now has the same pace as normal players - before he would have given Wallcott a run for his money - with age you lose pace. Frank just doesn't have the abilit to go box to box or chase down fast attacking midfielders for 90 mins.

Nobody s saying he is a bad player, the guy is class - we just sve to use him selectively for maximum impact.

No haters - just footballing sense, especially after seeing how well Utd have managed this transition - if tey had a quality striker tey would have won the league last year and Scholes+Giggs were a massive part of this...

Lampard's still gonna play at the highest level for another 3-4 years, just like giggs @ MU. Lampard still got great vision @ although he doesn't make those runs in the box anymore, he's still great at distributing passes, connecting defence and attack. Could probably still make WC in Brazil while the likes of Gerrard will sit at home. Gerrard's game is more heavily reliant on his fitness, just watched the last game they lost to Arsenal, when he couldn't run --> passing was sheit, 1st one led to a goal.

His distribution has been pretty poor so far this season. Lost the ball a few too many times and in important moments. Needs to work on it.

Agree - I think mobility was one of his biggest strengths...

Losing that must be tough and he's not acclimatising too well IMHO when put under severe pressure.

He is still a great player, just needs to adapt his game - which is why I think we should play him against weaker opposition - where he won be tested 100% of the time for a full 90 mins...