Frank Lampard

DavidEU

He's one of the reasons why I started to support Chelsea. What a lad, my all time favourite professional athlete. Thanks for everything and good luck for the future, Lamps. He'll return to Chelsea someday, that's for sure.

Gutted.

There isn't much to say that hasn't already been said; arguably the best player in our history, a true legend, and a proper gentleman.

Thanks for all the wonderful memories and good luck in the future.

Goodbye Super Frank

I believe, his No 8 jersey should be retired.

He is a legend but no way. We need players to continue our history, retiring shirts aren't suitable anymore nowadays. I agree that it is sad to see him leave but people need to stop going to extreme emotional behaviors. We all knew he was gonna leave either last year, this year or next summer anyway. If we retire the Lampard shirt, who will be the new Lampard for us?

Did we retire our shirts when the likes of Roy Bentley, Bobby Tambling retired...etc?

What a day...a legend leaves. will never forget him, what a player. one of the best of all times, not only for chelsea, but also in England. Underrated in the world, but we know how good he was. Hopefully he will have some nice time in the US. And he should great an epic farewell at our club. Doesn't deserve to leave like that. Make a final game or something like that.

Hopefully he will return as an assistant coach or something like this to our club

to the number thing: I am against this type of things. Of course he is a legend and maybe there wont be anyone like him..but who knows? we shouldnt prohibit future players the opportunity to be a Chelsea legend. Numbers from Osgood and others also werent retired, so why should we start now? Also we should retire Terrys number then and etc etc. He should get a testimonial and thats it.

He is a legend but no way. We need players to continue our history, retiring shirts aren't suitable anymore nowadays. I agree that it is sad to see him leave but people need to stop going to extreme emotional behaviors. We all knew he was gonna leave either last year, this year or next summer anyway. If we retire the Lampard shirt, who will be the new Lampard for us?

Did we retire our shirts when the likes of Roy Bentley, Bobby Tambling retired...etc?

I agree.. Retiring numbers is a stupid thing in my opinion, especially numbers like 8.. There are much better ways to show our respect to our legends.

To you it may not be suitable to retire No. 8. To me, it´s to pay respect to the greatest player this club ever had.

Also, there is only one Lampard for me & I certainly do not want somebody else to replace my memory of him. Frank is & will be THE ONLY ONE FOR ME!

I hope the club doesn't do a Boulahrouz and give that number to just any ol' signing! I'd love for it to go to a youth player, but that's unrealistic I guess.

I hope the club doesn't do a Boulahrouz and give that number to just any ol' signing! I'd love for it to go to a youth player, but that's unrealistic I guess.

That´s why it would be better to hang in Chelsea´s cabinet.

In all other sports, the cream of the crop is honored. Why not at Chelsea?

That´s why it would be better to hang in Chelsea´s cabinet.

In all other sports, the cream of the crop is honored. Why not at Chelsea?

Probably because it's not an iconic number per se. For example, I don't see us giving anyone Zola's "25" any time soon or upon him leaving, Terry's "26" because they're not your usual 1-20.. You can kind of excuse those.

1-11 especially is difficult, for marketing purposes among others.

Probably because it's not an iconic number per se. For example, I don't see us giving anyone Zola's "25" any time soon or upon him leaving, Terry's "26" because they're not your usual 1-20.. You can kind of excuse those.

1-11 especially is difficult, for marketing purposes among others.

Come on now. Today´s numbers are not from 1-11 plus. Players wear whatever they want. French players prefer 69, I read. Lol.