Frank Lampard

DavidEU

get it over with. move on. no more. don't need him next season; CFC need to move on.

only reason he gets in England this year is his outlook/experience, leadership, and for someone who can knock a goal in with 10-15 minutes left as a sub. But Paul Scholes is correct on the England squad: none of them can play the Gerrard role if Steven gets hurt, so why was it not Carrick instead of Lampard in there? Guess it would be Henderson.

Huddlestone would've been a better choice than Milner, but yeah generally agree for the majority of this.

get it over with. move on. no more. don't need him next season; CFC need to move on.

only reason he gets in England this year is his outlook/experience, leadership, and for someone who can knock a goal in with 10-15 minutes left as a sub. But Paul Scholes is correct on the England squad: none of them can play the Gerrard role if Steven gets hurt, so why was it not Carrick instead of Lampard in there? Guess it would be Henderson.

Pretty amazing how Carrick went form hero to zero ins one single year. Last season when utd were doing well he was the master mind behind it all and was nominated for PFA player of the year, this season when the team is struggling and Moyes tactics left him isolated in midfield, he doesn't even get picked in the squad. The life of a defensive midfielder, I guess...

Dont forget the agents role in this. Its probably the agent trying to get the best (and you cant blame him) and most money out of the club for his client.

JT took the offer, Cole did not, Lampard may or may not - But the club's approach is entirely sensible to me.

What makes less sense is why they didn't sort this all out in January and therefore have a conclusion before the end of the season where we all knew where we stood.

Half a season, if offered, imo give a fair result for both Frank and the club - also allows him to give a final 'say' in the success of the club for next season, despite not being a first team member, or being here all season - as well as giving a big ass party!!! :yay:

Pretty amazing how Carrick went form hero to zero ins one single year. Last season when utd were doing well he was the master mind behind it all and was nominated for PFA player of the year, this season when the team is struggling and Moyes tactics left him isolated in midfield, he doesn't even get picked in the squad. The life of a defensive midfielder, I guess...

To be fair he was long an unsung hero before that, many had recognised that Carrick had been key to United because he stepped up with their lack of CMs. Capello continously snubbing him never made sense to me.. But yes, this season he's been poor individually and was justifiably dropped.

I must admit I'm disappointed, I expected by now at least one media outlet to say that the real reason Frank has rejected a contract renewal is because of the imminent arrival of Fabregas...

Give it time, I'm sure that's exactly what the Daily Mail is about to write up :lol:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10870548/Chelsea-to-offer-Cesc-Fabregas-chance-to-return-to-London-from-Barcelona.html

Well, your wish has been granted. Sort of...