Frank Lampard

DavidEU

• 2 weeks later...

The goal today was his 250th club career goal and his 211th for us..

On the other hand, he has missed 3 out of his last 5 penalties..

To be honest I didn't know it before the game, but once I realised that it was his 250th goal I knew that's why he had taken the penalty.

He also looked eager to score throughout the game. Couple of wobbly shots.

I just thought, for the team and the position we are in, It was important to get Fernando a goal today by any means.

Don't know if that would have really helped.

Also imagine if he took it and missed.

A goal from open play, not a penalty.

Any goal will do. He needs to break down that brick wall. One on one with the keeper is just as good from open play. It would change his mind set.

It's all ifs and buts now though. Lampard took the penalty and we have another game with no Fernando goal, going into one of the most important ties of the season.

Any goal will do. He needs to break down that brick wall. One on one with the keeper is just as good from open play. It would change his mind set.

It's all ifs and buts now though. Lampard took the penalty and we have another game with no Fernando goal, going into one of the most important ties of the season.

That's bizarre, I don't know how you can even think of it in that way. Fernando isn't that important to us, there is no way we're going to side step both Lampard and Hazard just because Torres needs a goal.

A penalty goal is really not going to suddenly make him start going on a goal spree, you're dreaming.

Fernando isn't that important to us, there is no way we're going to side step both Lampard and Hazard just because Torres needs a goal.

A penalty goal is really not going to suddenly make him start going on a goal spree, you're dreaming.

I don't in anyway think he is going to go on a goal spree because he scored a penalty. However, it looks like, at this stage he is going to be the man who plays up top on Tuesday night. On Tuesday night, each and every single player on the park is going to be extremely important to us. A goal with Fernando's name on it would do him no end of good on a personal level which is good for the team. Even for his team mates to throw him the ball and tell him to take the penalty would have been a boost to his confidence. "Here Torres, you're the striker, this one if for you, we trust you."

That's the thing though, they don't trust him.

I'm tired of Torres and his confidence issues, he's not a little boy. If a CL all or nothing knockout game won't motivate him to begin with then God help us. I really hope Eto'o is fit for this.

Eto'o not even making the bench today is almost a sure sign he won't be starting on Tuesday. There seems to have been a method in Jose's madness by playing Torres for 90 mins today.