Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Maybe at 3-0. Not when we had to double the lead at a crucial part of the game.

Spot on. If Torres took it and missed it, anything could have happened in the game. We have given pen's to Torres before, and he has missed them.

I don't mind Lamps staying another year...as a player/coach

I think we should be 'phasing' out our English veterans:

End of 2014 season: Cole leaves

End of 2015 season: Lamps leaves

End of 2016 season: Possibly Terry hangs up the boots?

At same time, we should be bringing young english players, two must be at minimum.

Doubt Sturridge, Wilshere, Rooney, Ox will ever get here, we need to pick whats best remaining; Shaw and Lallana/Barkley.

At same time, we should be bringing young english players, two must be at minimum.

Doubt Sturridge, Wilshere, Rooney, Ox will ever get here, we need to pick whats best remaining; Shaw and Lallana/Barkley.

Mceachren if he ever comes back.

That's the thing though, they don't trust him.

I'm tired of Torres and his confidence issues, he's not a little boy. If a CL all or nothing knockout game won't motivate him to begin with then God help us. I really hope Eto'o is fit for this.

I watch the football on Al Jazeera sometimes and Richard Keys always brings up an Ancelotti quote that 'Torres is the weakest individual I have met in football'. I can't find a link for the comment but Keys has said it several times.

I watch the football on Al Jazeera sometimes and Richard Keys always brings up an Ancelotti quote that 'Torres is the weakest individual I have met in football'. I can't find a link for the comment but Keys has said it several times.

I think he's made it up, doesn't change that it's true, though :P

PS: Keys is ten times the pundit that Andy Gray is.

I think what Ancelloti said was that Drogba would do away with mentally weaker competition like Torres (and Schevchenko) in the squad. This was back in 2012 withAVB, when people wondered why Drogba was being preferred to Torres...

It's a simplistic view to say players lack motivation/desire when they don't perform. Sometimes they just don't have the quality to do it. Some other times they lack physically. Otherwise we'd have to say Lampard hasn't been motivated lately, which couldn't be farther from the truth. Wanting something doesn't mean you are capable of executing it. Lampard of 5 years ago would've have scored at least one in open play last match. He knows it too as he was really upset after his feeble attempt on goal.

Would it be fair to say whoever does not run like Ramires is not motivated enough?

There is little he can do at 35 though. He's on his last legs and should either take a backup role or leave to a lesser league. That's life for footballers no matter how good you are/were.

Best option in my mind would be a backup to coaching role, but if he wants to leave and then come back as a coach, that'd be fine too.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows what his contract situation is?

I think the only reason he will be offered a new contract, is to keep an english core in the team, but at this point I cant't believe there is no english player around that can be more useful than Lampard has been this season. For example, saturday Luiz was warming up, while Lampard was always sitting on the bench, which means in a game you must win, Mourinho thinks at this moment Luiz is more useful than Lampard to change the game.