Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Looking at the anonymous Sneijder last night, I'm glad the club sniffing around him a few years back came to nought.

Comparing him with Super Frank, yes theres a six year age gap, but I know who I would like to give a new contract to.

To be fair, both Ramires and Mikel were one booking away from missing the QFs, so you wouldn't want them playing together. And probably, Jose doesn't want to play Frank against Arsenal and is thinking that he will get about 10 days of rest after this match.

Mikel being one card away from suspension does not seem to be the reason he wasnt played yesterday, if one goes by the way Jose has trusted him this season. But fanbois can always make up stuff to stay cozy in their delusions.

Mikel being one card away from suspension does not seem to be the reason he wasnt played yesterday, if one goes by the way Jose has trusted him this season. But fanbois can always make up stuff to stay cozy in their delusions.

:lol: What a surprise of you to suddenly show up and post when it's about Mikel. I mean really, it seems as though you are pretty sensitive or obsessed to anything and everything about Mikel eh anti-Mikel fanboy...?

I know many don't rate Mikel - with good reasons - but don't think the others have gone around like you posting/reacting to anything and/or everything little thing about Mikel. Obsessed much..?

I don't mind Lamps staying another year...as a player/coach

I think we should be 'phasing' out our English veterans:

End of 2014 season: Cole leaves

End of 2015 season: Lamps leaves

End of 2016 season: Possibly Terry hangs up the boots?

In an ideal world that would be so but the point becomes what will be lamps role in the squad next season?

Matic, rambo, mvg, and a new CM will already be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Just don't think its the perfect scenario of having a 5th CM at 5mil £ and on the bench.

The only scenario where i see lamps having a significant role to play next season would be if we don't buy a CM which simply does not improve our pivot one bit.

I see you've finally figured out that there are other threads in the forum besides the Mikel one. Good for you! :D:clap:

Now, if only you'd discover soon that you can discuss other topics...

In an ideal world that would be so but the point becomes what will be lamps role in the squad next season?

Matic, rambo, mvg, and a new CM will already be ahead of him in the pecking order.

Just don't think its the perfect scenario of having a 5th CM at 5mil £ and on the bench.

The only scenario where i see lamps having a significant role to play next season would be if we don't buy a CM which simply does not improve our pivot one bit.

In an ideal world, he starts about 25 games and is an impact sub when we need to score. None of those players you mention fill the same role Lampard does and none of them has near the offensive impact Lampard still has (and I don't see Chelsea spending big on another central midfielder). MVG was always a development buy and his injury this season means that his development has stalled for one year. To automatically put him ahead of Lampard is absurd. People are so focused on Lampard's decline that they don't want to see the quality he still brings. Yes, he needs to be rested more, but he has a lot of quality games and overall this season has been our best central midfielder.

In an ideal world, he starts about 25 games and is an impact sub when we need to score. None of those players you mention fill the same role Lampard does and none of them has near the offensive impact Lampard still has (and I don't see Chelsea spending big on another central midfielder). MVG was always a development buy and his injury this season means that his development has stalled for one year. To automatically put him ahead of Lampard is absurd. People are so focused on Lampard's decline that they don't want to see the quality he still brings. Yes, he needs to be rested more, but he has a lot of quality games and overall this season has been our best central midfielder.

I think there's also a chance Lamps goes above Ramires in the pecking order. It's always been the case that Lamps has been better with the ball but Ramires's defensive work has been what has kept him in the first XI.

However Matic is a beast defensively (statistically as well as just looking phenomenal) and his arrival has seen Ramires's defensive contribution stats fall off a cliff. I don't know if we need Rami in the team as much as we used to, plus Lamps is actually very underrated defensively. Managed properly and played alongside Matic I think Lamps can most certainly contribute in a more effective manner next season.

Why can't we buy a new CM? seems very possible and probable that we might be buying one.

Also no one here is denying lamps quality. Infact tuesday was a perfect reminder of it. But jose has already shown that he would prefer the solidity of rambo-matic pivot away from home rather than lamps' on the ball class. Lamps' playing time has reduced significantly since matic joined , add to that a fit mvg and/or a new cm, I simply don't see hime starting anywhere close to 25 games.

Also, lets noy get ahead of ourselves by calling him our best CM. he was average at best for the first half of the season. Seemed like the games literally passed him by (city at bridge). If this was our best then its even more reason why we should be buying a new CM in the window.

Of course, Frank is not even close to his past. I believe, he ought to go & find a greener pastures. This team needs much better than Frank now. Frank just does not have it anymore. It´s sad, but it is the truth.

I totally disagree we are so lucky to have Frank makes me bit sick when I read he doesn't have it. He was my MOTM on Tuesday . Yes he's older but he still has so much to give. Terry also :)

My opinion only :)

I totally disagree we are so lucky to have Frank makes me bit sick when I read he doesn't have it. He was my MOTM on Tuesday . Yes he's older but he still has so much to give. Terry also :)

My opinion only :)

Frank is good enough for 60-70 minutes, then he should be rested.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10712729/Chelsea-open-talks-to-keep-captain-John-Terry-at-Stamford-Bridge-next-season.html

Chelsea could offer Frank Lampard the opportunity to move into coaching as part of a one-year extension to his contract, but the midfielder is wanted by LA Galaxy.

Galaxy are willing to pay 35-year-old Lampard £4 million-a-year to quit Stamford Bridge and move to the MLS to join former Tottenham striker Robbie Keane.

Lampard was ready to move to America last summer until Mourinho returned to Chelsea.