Frank Lampard

DavidEU

Based on what? He was far more effective than Ramires last night both in possession of the ball and defensively. He still has a role to play with us alongside someone like Matic, but not every match.

He was better than rambo defensively??? I think he stopped running for the last 15 minutea. A couple of times we had a chanc to counter in the second half but lamps simply held on to the ball too long and we lost all momentum. He was poor. Ramires might be irritating while going forward but he does his job dedensively. Lamps on the other hand seems to be out or the gane for periods of time.

Plus I think we have mvg/rambo who can complement matic very well. As I said, ahigh pressing, high energy mid. Not something that u can expect from a 36 year old.

I think he stopped running for the last 15 minutea.

Actually he made three times as many passes as Ramires in the last 15 minutes. I'm not saying that you didn't watch the match but it's simply incorrect to suggest he didn't run for the last 15. He was retaining possession and did no more or less than Ramires did defensively.

Actually he made three times as many passes as Ramires in the last 15 minutes. I'm not saying that you didn't watch the match but it's simply incorrect to suggest he didn't run for the last 15. He was retaining possession and did no more or less than Ramires did defensively.

Well I don't remember a single good pass/interception from him in the last 15. Infact I remember mikel playibg a good ball into him behind the gala players but lanps lost the ball to melo ehich could have been a eonderful situation for us. Plus if his standard of passing is coming as low as comparision to rambo, then he defo needs to leave.

He was tiring late on. Think Mou planned to sub him vs Everton but kept him since Chelsea were going for the goal.

He's proven he can still compete physically. games vs Liverpool, Everton but his stamina is obviously not the same

It sad seeing him struggle on the ball when closed down, he hasn't got the pace or mobility to keep the ball in tight situations. Ramires is the same, he has the mobility and pace but not the composure and technique. Mikel is the opposite, he can keep the ball in tight situations but holds on to it for far too long, he also struggles to pass the ball forward.

I'm glad we have Matic, he's composed on the the ball, knows when to pass forward and is great defensively. It's a shame he cant play in the CL, but he'll be vital in the PL.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he will sign for next season, it will be summer 2015 he will leave due to lack off playing time, if i had to guess.

since we have bought matic, his playing time has already gone down. Plus rambo is a jose favourite, add to that we might very well add a new cm along with mvg back from injury.

Lamps should figure out that he won't get playing time here next season and simply move on as a legend.