Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

This! This!! This!!!

On 1/12/2016 at 2:39 AM, Pizy said:

To be honest I'd just avoid the possibility of buying another Cuadrado-like flop and sticking with what we have until the new manager is appointed. The league is gone and top 4 is gone too. No point in making any "shot in the arm" signings in hopes of giving us a temporary boost to accomplish something.

Unless we're buying a world class player who any manager on earth would be able to work with and can play in any system it's just not wise.

Save the money! Better options will be available in the summer.

Granit Xhaka is making himself available  does anybody rate him on this forum i haven't seen much of him to judge him????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3406600/Granit-Xhaka-admits-leave-Borussia-Monchengladbach-club-Arsenal-interested-Swiss-star.html

2 hours ago, Spike said:

It is the same, the club are choosing not to use for the sake of posterity. There is a looming new stadium coming up and that is quite an extensive task, the club is being safe with all its finances, just like Arsenal when they built their new stadium. Besides, haven't you seen how the club is operating recently? Hoarding players, loaning them and then selling for a profit. The club is trying to become self-sufficient without the sugar daddy money, but it  is there is necessary.

That to me translates to less purchasing power - you are just providing the reasons.

i agree with you that these changes are necessary, but we need to get used to how things are Atm.

Xhaka will never be as good as Gundogan, but he does hunt people down in MF. To me, Xhaka is nowhere near the top level when faced with a top opponent, but I'll admit that my view is limited based on the number of times I've watched him AND the circustances of his side (lineup changes, injuries, etc). Krychowiak might be a better choice in that role however.

I supported Schniederlin coming to Chelsea after his first season in the Premier League with Soton, but if you gave me the choice between MFs from United right now, I would take Blind.

11 hours ago, the wes said:

Granit Xhaka is making himself available  does anybody rate him on this forum i haven't seen much of him to judge him????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3406600/Granit-Xhaka-admits-leave-Borussia-Monchengladbach-club-Arsenal-interested-Swiss-star.html

He's got talent but he's still learning in the Bundesliga. He'll put in a 8/10 performance for 1-2 games then go missing for a few games (sort of like one of Chelsea's current midfielders)

15 hours ago, the wes said:

Espanyol are in talks to sign out-of-favour Chelsea pair Christian Atsu and Papy Djilobodji.

http://www.squawka.com/news/chelsea-transfer-news-espanyol-closing-in-on-double-swoop-for-blues-pair/577856#W17VcohGpcU9pLA7.99

Do they really whink they gonna get our best player? Really Djilobodji? You gonna leave us?

Only Real Madrid are the all time big spenders.
I can recall only one brief period in the late 60s - early 70s when they were not buying everything across the board.
Even players they hardly needed.
Barca also during the last 10 years.
I don't know what makes them so rich.
We seem to be a poor house at the moment.

4 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Only Real Madrid are the all time big spenders.
I can recall only one brief period in the late 60s - early 70s when they were not buying everything across the board.
Even players they hardly needed.
Barca also during the last 10 years.
I don't know what makes them so rich.
We seem to be a poor house at the moment.

1) FFP
2) Oil price has hit Abramovich money
3) New stadium will cost £500M

Pato and Lavezzi talk!ffs could our season get any worse,time to sack the useless cfcunts who hired Papy,Hector,Pedro,Falcao etc ,look at our defence ffs ,if we had let in 10 less goals and scored afew more ,no doubt we be top4! World class Cb,Cm,Striker bustmyballsfc

7 hours ago, Tautvix said:

1) FFP

on the point about oil......Abramovich got rid of most of his oil assets quite some time back when the price was high.

9 hours ago, mccg said:

Pato and Lavezzi talk!ffs could our season get any worse,time to sack the useless cfcunts who hired Papy,Hector,Pedro,Falcao etc ,look at our defence ffs ,if we had let in 10 less goals and scored afew more ,no doubt we be top4! World class Cb,Cm,Striker bustmyballsfc

Lavezzi seems like a Mourinho player alright the only minor detail is that he's no longer our manager... :)

The Texteria deal has fallen through, Liverpool are in advanced talks.  Pato being described as a sick note player with an attitude problem.  So we miss out on a player who's scored more than Lebonowski for someone who was too slow for Italian football.  Time to sack the talent scouts

20 hours ago, Tautvix said:

1) FFP

Do we really need new stadium ?
The present one dates from 1976, but it's better now than it was in 1976.
The biggest sports arena in Europe they were saying back then.

Stadiums get old. I 've been to the old Amsterdam Olympic stadium. That was the stadium in which the Olympic games were staged once upon a time. It looked like the stadium of a fourth division - Isthmian league team. Now of course they have a new one.

But I don't get it why the bridge is considered old.

The way you describe things we are in for a huge drop in class.