Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

i'm bored of hearing we have to buy that or that player, just to patch up... buying player like cuadrado,pedro,salah...
In the first in my opinion we need to sell: players who will never be in chelsea's plans or who have already done the better for the squad!
Sell immediatly or at least in the next year: ivanovic,mikel, ramires,pedro,falcao,dujibongi,atsu,remy,cuadrado,salah,marin,moses, van ginkel,omereu, piazon,wallace and maybe more!
with thais sales we would have a good treasure for the market to put hands on some top player : defender (varane :D ), midfilder (pogba and tielemans), and one attacking at the level of eden!
then give faith at young's players, i guess between: christiensen,rlc,pasalic,boga,musonda,solanke, brown,ake and others... some good players there will be!
barcellona isn't what it is becouse have bought player to patch up ...  but believe in the young and buy the right top players!
if we keep to catch players like now,  we would never become a top club!
for example: buy and sell players, losing also more money!! looking at what it happened with mata, KDB, salah, schurrle,cuadrado pedro! with the money we have wasted in weak players, we now could have a top player like other eden or neymar or similar!

14 hours ago, Belgiannutt said:

For the summer transferwindow:

Imo we need an attacking left back, a ball playing centerback (preferably an experienced one since he would be partnering Zouma), an all around midfielder (switch to a 4-3-3) and a physical target man (as second striker (bench option)).

If we've got cash left a defensive midfielder to replace Mikel in the starting lineup.

Courtois; Azpi, Zouma, new CB, new LB; Mikel/new DM; Fabregas, new CM; Willian, Costa, Hazard.

Shadow team: Begovic, Ivanovic (i'd prefer we'd let him go but according to reports we're offering him a new contract so, :drunk: sure), Cahill, Terry, Baba, Mikel, Matic, RLC, Pedro, Kennedy, new striker.

Then we still have Amelia, Blackman, Remy, Oscar, Ramires, Papy, Traore.

4-5 signings and we'd be right back in it. Problem is, can we keep our key players  and  bring in top players without CL football ?

Think we need more first team signings.

Courtois, Azpi (only at RB), Zouma, Hazard and Willian are the guys I'm interested in retaining for the starting 11 next season. Everybody else is expendable as far as I'm concerned. Harsh on Costa because I like his mentality but technically he's a let down most of the time.

Perhaps we sign a manager willing to give players like Baba an opportunity to develop and establish themselves at the club, who knows? But I would go with those 5 players and build around them.

3 hours ago, Styles said:

Not really. Not signing anyone is a good sign for me.

We're not winning anything or getting relegated so there's no reason to many any signings.

I still don't get why everybody is so sure we don't get relegated..

Just now, didierforever said:

remy - what good is a back up striker that is ALWAYS injured when u need him to step up? i dont know if its a co-incidence or some other thing but how many times has it happened that remy has been unavailable when costa is injured. moreover, we need competition for costa. if he wants to half-arse his way thru half the season, let him do that on the bench.

pedro - why is that even a question. not good enough. can easily be replaced by kenedy. hell even moses is better.

oscar - simple answer. not good enough. not good enough to even be a squad player. RLC can take his spot.

JT - has been horrendous all season long, maybe a good perfomance here or there. but time to call it quits unless he is happy being the 4th choice CB.

cesc - not a no.10, a MASSIVE liability as a DLP. can only work if the team plays around him but not good enough to carry the team.

a dodgy season would have been mid table, or rather an EL qualification, not a relegation fight. consistently performing shit for almost 13 months now is not "underperforming". it just defines that we are not good enough. we were able to grind out 1-0 results because of jose's ultra negative tactics and the fact that we had one of the best players in the world playing at the best level. a poor season from hazard has shown EXACTLY how fucking shit the rest of the squad and the team is. we NEED a MASSIVE OVERHAUL. going into the next season without one would be suicidal.

Wait you want to replace Pedro with Moses and now Oscar with RLC? How many times do I need to post this, RLC isn't all that, he might not be Chelsea material yet and lets be honest could never be. He has a big build but a pretty shocking technique, almost like Jack Rodwell, big build and poor technical qualities. Oscar at least has got the attributes to be a good squad player, technically hes very sound and is still youngish and can still improve, I wouldn't say hes not good enough at times he is poor but he struggles with consistency more for me when he gets going on a half decent few games. 

Cesc was more influential than Hazard in our best part of then season last year. Sell him? Are you nuts? He made that team tick, we were playing good football in the first 5-6 months and he was the main reason why for me along with Costa. He gives availability to his team mates, always wants the ball, always takes it anywhere he can and always looked to go forward first and foremost, be it a killer pass or a 5 yard pass. But yeah lets sell him and go back to watching Matic, Mikel and Ramires all trying to be playmakers when they aren't, because that wasn't the most depressing sight on a football field for a Chelsea fan, was it? 

4 hours ago, Styles said:

Not really. Not signing anyone is a good sign for me.

We're not winning anything or getting relegated so there's no reason to many any signings.

But when would be a good time to sign? At least now you can fool new signings into thinking top 4 is a possibility, or at least offer them a chance to play in the CL knockout stages...

Not all our solutions can be found in the youth squad, and I'm pretty sure we're not going to get squat in the summer window. The best thing we can hope from the summer window is for Madrid's transfer ban to be upheld.

However, I will admit if targets like Scott Dann are what we are being linked with, I'd rather we get no-one.

Was hoping for a fullback and a centre midfielder. That was foolish I guess.

Don't care who the new manager will be. Chelsea needs those players now. At fullback, Ivanovic is poor and Baba isn't good enough apparently. Leaves you with one reliable fullback. In midfield, Matic is broken, Mikel and Ramires are average and Fabregas can not be counted on, having only played a handful of games up to standards. Terrible situation in midfield. Can't force any kind of control in midfield, leading to defensive troubles.

Any signing we make of course wont be a Hiddink choice, i think thats almost certain.  Whoever we sign this month, be it Pato, Bacca or someone else, i think it'd all be done without Hiddink's say so.  Therefore i wouldnt be surprised if he has no knowledge of Marina speaking to Pato's agent.  However I do think the club would block any Ramires exit and i can see the only departure being Bamford between now and deadline day tbh

10 hours ago, Styles said:

Think we need more first team signings.

Courtois, Azpi (only at RB), Zouma, Hazard and Willian are the guys I'm interested in retaining for the starting 11 next season. Everybody else is expendable as far as I'm concerned. Harsh on Costa because I like his mentality but technically he's a let down most of the time.

Perhaps we sign a manager willing to give players like Baba an opportunity to develop and establish themselves at the club, who knows? But I would go with those 5 players and build around them.

Yeah, i get what you're saying but i think it would be difficult finding upgrades on Fabregas and Costa given our current situation (No CL football).

I mean you're talking about buying 6 first team players in  1 transfer window. Even if we weren't in this mess it would be difficult.

I'd already be happy if we could keep all 5 players you mentioned and add those 4-5 players for the positions i mentioned in my first post.

About Costa, i agree his technical abillity is limited. That's why i'd want a second striker that's good in the air (physical) and can hold on to the ball under pressure (back to goal (technical)). Kinda the opposite of Costa.

I actually find it a bit odd that all three of our current strikers are so similar to each other. All three our strikers are poachers that don't offer much to the team besides goals. You'd think atleast one of them would be a different type to mix it up a bit.

Whatever we do in the summer i just hope we take some steps forward. Choose a style, commit to it and only buy real quality not stopgaps.

On 1/16/2016 at 6:01 PM, Belgiannutt said:

For the summer transferwindow:

Imo we need an attacking left back, a ball playing centerback (preferably an experienced one since he would be partnering Zouma), an all around midfielder (switch to a 4-3-3) and a physical target man (as second striker (bench option)).

If we've got cash left a defensive midfielder to replace Mikel in the starting lineup.

Courtois; Azpi, Zouma, new CB, new LB; Mikel/new DM; Fabregas, new CM; Willian, Costa, Hazard.

Shadow team: Begovic, Ivanovic (i'd prefer we'd let him go but according to reports we're offering him a new contract so, :drunk: sure), Cahill, Terry, Baba, Mikel, Matic, RLC, Pedro, Kennedy, new striker.

Then we still have Amelia, Blackman, Remy, Oscar, Ramires, Papy, Traore.

4-5 signings and we'd be right back in it. Problem is, can we keep our key players  and  bring in top players without CL football ?

Disagree. Chelsea need: 2 fullbacks, 2 CBs, 2-3 CMs, one new striker, a better backup GK perhaps, and we might need at least one new AM/winger with might unfold with Hazard.  

so, it's essentially as Guardiola reportedly stated about CFC.

6 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

Disagree. Chelsea need: 2 fullbacks, 2 CBs, 2-3 CMs, one new striker, a better backup GK perhaps, and we might need at least one new AM/winger with might unfold with Hazard.  

We're not going to sign 8 new players in one transfer window.  

Realistically, I'd be happy with 1 new fullback, 1 new CB and a new midfielder.

3 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Yes, to be Barcelona/Real/Bayern, top-of-the-world level. I, personally, would be happy with level slightly below these 3, with the team who has potential to be THAT level in upcoming years (with young guys like Zouma, Courtois, Hazard and some other new youngsters etc.)

In other words - let's first get a team which can win us a Premier League.