Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

Don't see the point in Martinez - not the type of striker we should be making our number 1 striker in my opinion. Would rather make Lukaku number 1.

You probably mean Rooney/Lewandovski type, but how many are there besides them?

and if Jose turns to Martinez it also means he thinks we need a striker asap.

Chelsea playing more 4-3-3 in the future with Rakitic joining CM and taking the free-kicks and corners. Not a bad idea but Rakitic is most comfortable on the right side where Ramires tends to be. I think Ramires will be the one to slide over toward the left or center.

I'm still finding it difficult to understand why Chelsea kept both Lampard and Mikel last summer while someone like L. Gustavo was ready to move or Paulinho was considered. Maybe Mata will become the pawn to get a better center midfielder, but I don't see why PSG would want Mata given Pastore, Lavezzi, Moura, Rabiot, & Cavani, can all play Mata's position behind Ibra.

Rakitic is somewhat of an all-around midfield player--which is good, but Chelsea will still be missing a ballwinner and long-passer. As someone mentioned before, that player might not be easy to find for the moment.

Rakitic is somewhat of an all-around midfield player--which is good, but Chelsea will still be missing a ballwinner and long-passer. As someone mentioned before, that player might not be easy to find for the moment.

Exactly what I've been saying.

Rakitic could very well do a job for us in the midfield. He can play DM, CM, ACM. I like the link hopefully there is some truth to it... He's been really good for Sevilla this year. He is a capable tackler and does possess decent passing range.

Exactly what I've been saying.

Rakitic could very well do a job for us in the midfield. He can play DM, CM, ACM. I like the link hopefully there is some truth to it... He's been really good for Sevilla this year. He is a capable tackler and does possess decent passing range.

Would be nice to also keep Kevin de Bruyne at Chelsea for the future even if he gets loaned-out in January. In the meantime, someone at Chelsea could be thinking that Rakitic could become Chelsea's Pirlo. That's a nice thought anyway.

Miguel Veloso?

I remember his ability as a youngster, United and Arsenal scouted him more than once at Sporting CP.

Veloso won't off the radar after moving to Ukraine

He's a good midfielder, has the skillset to play CM/DM and at 27, he's the perfect age

Jose Mourinho is considering a loan deal for Fabio Coentrao in January (Mail)

I hope its true.

Mendes on Matic: "He has a release clause of €50m but Benfica could deal a lower fee. CFC is very interested and would like to bring him back"

How is Matic's passing and playmaking ability?

I hope its true.

Where does that leave us with HG players? Already we don't have enough to register a full squad. Now one HG left-back will be replaced by Coentrao? I doubt it

Miguel Veloso?

I remember his ability as a youngster, United and Arsenal scouted him more than once at Sporting CP.

Veloso won't off the radar after moving to Ukraine

He's a good midfielder, has the skillset to play CM/DM and at 27, he's the perfect age

I'm sure @Melanicus will love to see that happening. :P

I hope its true.

Mendes on Matic: "He has a release clause of €50m but Benfica could deal a lower fee. CFC is very interested and would like to bring him back"

How is Matic's passing and playmaking ability?

50ME for Matic :doh: