Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

It bothers me that for the next few weeks, with Mikel gone to ACON, we have no holding midfielders. Of course, we have Ramires, Lampard and Luiz. But let's face it, none of them are true holding midfielders.

We need to sign someone! I really hope the board are working on it as we speak. Someone like Capoue would be perfect. Assuming the Benat rumours are true also, Capoue, Benat + Ba would be a very good January transfer window for us.

SSN saying LESCOTT available for free in summer? He wants to go back to Everton?

Might be a useful squad player?

He would be a useful squad player but we already have a useful squad player at centre-back in Cahill. Don't think we really need Lescott.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come to us even if we were interested anyway. He probably wants regular first-team football, which he wouldn't get here.

He would be a useful squad player but we already have a useful squad player at centre-back in Cahill. Don't think we really need Lescott.

I'm pretty sure he wouldn't come to us even if we were interested anyway. He probably wants regular first-team football, which he wouldn't get here.

Think we need more depth, I think he's worth a punt :)

Luiz is unlikely to move back to CB, so we have JT, Iva and Cahill - I would rather Lescott + Iva together - when JT ain't playing....

Luiz is unlikely to move back to CB, so we have JT, Iva and Cahill - I would rather Lescott + Iva together - when JT ain't playing....

You think so? I can see Luiz being moved back to CB as soon as Mikel is back from ACON, especially if we sign another DM this month and I think we will.

And like I said, I don't think Lescott would be interest, unless we throw a lot of money at him. But it's also unlikely that Chelsea would even want to sign a 30 year old CB, they especially won't want to throw a lot of money at one. :P

But we have a lot of great talents. Despite his young age, Kalas is one of the best CB-s in the Eredivisie. Omeruo and Chalobah are also really promising.

If luiz continues to play CDM, chelsea need to get some depth at defence, if ashley cole leaves, we'll have one LB Bertrand, 2 RB Wallace and Azpi, and only 2 healthy CB Iva and Cahill....I guess luiz can also come back to CB if anything happens but we need a quality left back and maybe another CB. Coentrao would be a good option i think

If luiz continues to play CDM, chelsea need to get some depth at defence, if ashley cole leaves, we'll have one LB Bertrand, 2 RB Wallace and Azpi, and only 2 healthy CB Iva and Cahill....I guess luiz can also come back to CB if anything happens but we need a quality left back and maybe another CB. Coentrao would be a good option i think

It Cole leaves, we'll buy another LB for sure. CB is one position where we have depth IMO. Terry, Luiz, Ivanovic, and Cahill.

It bothers me that for the next few weeks, with Mikel gone to ACON, we have no holding midfielders. Of course, we have Ramires, Lampard and Luiz. But let's face it, none of them are true holding midfielders.

We need to sign someone! I really hope the board are working on it as we speak. Someone like Capoue would be perfect. Assuming the Benat rumours are true also, Capoue, Benat + Ba would be a very good January transfer window for us.

Amen brother. These two are at the top of my list for transfer targets. Hopefully the club is thinking along the same lines we are.

We've been linked with him in the press (along with Arsenal), but I've been impressed with Luke Shaw. Put in one brilliant tackle in the box and worked hard all match, getting forward quite a bit. If we're losing Cole then he'd be a good choice. Even if we aren't, he looks like he could be a good buy at only 17.