Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I really am shocked that we haven't bought anyone else other than Ba. Obviously there's 3 weeks left in the window but I figured our board would want to get any business done ASAP with the number of games we have of such importance.

We really can't afford to drop any points.

Even if we start doing a great job in the academy right now, the results will only show 10 years from now...

We started with the major investment when Roman became owner - now we're seeing the results with the likes of Chalobah and McEachran. We just have to start utilising them effectively.

We started with the major investment when Roman became owner - now we're seeing the results with the likes of Chalobah and McEachran. We just have to start utilising them effectively.

Investment does not translate to good job. We made huge mistakes and only started to correct them by 2008-2009 (when the Academy building was ready and we hired a better staff).

Also, Chalobah is the only player that has impressed me over this period, the only one I believe has a shot of becoming a star.

Investment does not translate to good job. We made huge mistakes and only started to correct them by 2008-2009 (when the Academy building was ready and we hired a better staff).

Also, Chalobah is the only player that has impressed me over this period, the only one I believe has a shot of becoming a star.

I've been impressed by Ake, Feruz, McEachran and a couple of the younger ones. The problem isn't just a Chelsea one when it comes to developing talent, but a league-wide one.

I've been impressed by Ake, Feruz, McEachran and a couple of the younger ones. The problem isn't just a Chelsea one when it comes to developing talent, but a league-wide one.

Yeah I agree, but still, those players still need a good 2-3 years before getting regular playing time.

I really am shocked that we haven't bought anyone else other than Ba. Obviously there's 3 weeks left in the window but I figured our board would want to get any business done ASAP with the number of games we have of such importance.

We really can't afford to drop any points.

I am actually not shock at all. This is january window after all

Yeah I agree, but still, those players still need a good 2-3 years before getting regular playing time.

Would be cool if English Clubs have B teams - fuckit, rather than reserves games why don't they register a Chelsea B team - in 4-5 years could be in the Championship - great place to test out youngsters :)

I know they do it in Spain...

Luke Shaw, the impressive guy from Southampton, just signed a long-term contract with Saints.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11700/8388178/Southampton-defender-Luke-Shaw-pledges-long-term-future-to-Premier-League-club

Haha lining him up for a big money transfer soon then :)

Would be cool if English Clubs have B teams - fuckit, rather than reserves games why don't they register a Chelsea B team - in 4-5 years could be in the Championship - great place to test out youngsters :)

It would be a great idea, better than reserves team.

They do it in Italy, Portugal, Mexico and Brazil too...

Problem is that in England, even the smaller clubs mostly have a very rich history and you'd be killing those teams who rely on loans by giving support and talent to your B-team. We just sent Todd Kane to Blackburn. Blackburn was founded in 1875. McEachran is at Middlesborough. They were founded in 1876. These sort clubs have strong local support and tradition and killing these teams off for no real purpose, doesn't make sense to me. It's not like talented Chelsea youngsters won't get opportunities elsewhere as is.

we need to develop links with about 3 Championship sides that could each take 3 loan players

No, Chelsea B would be a completely new club, it would have to start from the lowest division and climb its way up. I know it is unthinkable, but Barcelona B (for instance) is a totally different club.

Problem is that in England, even the smaller clubs mostly have a very rich history and you'd be killing those teams who rely on loans by giving support and talent to your B-team. We just sent Todd Kane to Blackburn. Blackburn was founded in 1875. McEachran is at Middlesborough. They were founded in 1876. These sort clubs have strong local support and tradition and killing these teams off for no real purpose, doesn't make sense to me. It's not like talented Chelsea youngsters won't get opportunities elsewhere as is.

I get where you are going and I am leaning towards agreeing with you, BUT I think it would be much more benifcal to our potential stars to play in lower divisions than in reserve games. This could really make a difference in their development (just ask anyone in La Masia). I don't think we would downgrade any of these teams by creating a youth team, they would lose how many players, 3 or 4? It is not like 30 teams will create a B team...