Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

I am so jealous of this one! Holtby is an amazing talent. I've followed him since he was captaining the German U17 side and I would bet anything he is going to be world class. AVB is one hell of a scout!

How does signing a player that you've known of for 5 years make AVB a good scout?

How does signing a player that you've known of for 5 years make AVB a good scout?

He keeps signing brilliant players wherever he goes, how much longer are you going to pretend he has nothing to do with those signings?

I won't comment any more about Holtby, I'll let him do all the talking on the pitch when he arrives.

He keeps signing brilliant players wherever he goes, how much longer are you going to pretend he has nothing to do with those signings?

I won't comment any more about Holtby, I'll let him do all the talking on the pitch when he arrives.

Because transfers at big clubs are done by committee - the same probably applies at clubs like Spurs too.

I actually think he is a good scout, but I don't think many of the signings made at clubs he's been at in this country and involved him a huge amount.

Although he was quite bad in the last matches before Christmas as was the whole team of Schalke, Holtby's a very good catch for the Spurs. A very good talent who has still a way to go to make himself a name. I like his decision of going into the BPL, it's always exciting to have a German player there (well, partly English, but German international).

Btw, he's hated so much right now by the Schalke fans announcing that in a difficult time for the team (they've been playing badly last weeks and just got a new manager), although he said a long time ago that he won't stay there. Sometimes, the fans in the "Ruhrpott" (location of Dortmund and Schalke) are just mad. :D

Agree. He's a good pickup for what I assume is pretty cheap. He's probably ready to play immediately (he looked great against Arsenal) and his father is English so the adjustment should be easy. I wonder if having Steffan Freund as assistant coach at Spurs helped this along. And for the record, I think Spurs have had a fantastic season in the transfer window. They've completely rebuilt their squad, made it younger and better, and did it an no cost. Of course, Arsenal have won the transfer market value league many times and it's translated into no trophies for years.

Could be true, but Holtby's been on the Spurs' radar for a longer time as far as I know. Would be ironic though, as Freund spend most of his time as a player at BVB which is as you may know the cross rival of Schalke. But I agree with you, Spurs definitely had some great transfers this season. Great work there by AVB.

Moutinho is still a target of him btw, but Porto already rejected a 27m offer in summer. Still hoping Joao to end up here at the Bridge one day. :ph34r:

Because transfers at big clubs are done by committee - the same probably applies at clubs like Spurs too.

I actually think he is a good scout, but I don't think many of the signings made at clubs he's been at in this country and involved him a huge amount.

But when you have a manager who is an ex-scout, I'd imagine he'd have a great say in who you buy. At the end of the day the manager has a certain plan and formation in mind and he should have the final say on who to by to fit them.

If it were the committee who are making the decisions, then how come we signed Romeu, who was linked with Porto before. A 20yo unproved player from the second division in Spain. When have we never made a similar signing before?

But when you have a manager who is an ex-scout, I'd imagine he'd have a great say in who you buy. At the end of the day the manager has a certain plan and formation in mind and he should have the final say on who to by to fit them.

If it were the committee who are making the decisions, then how come we signed Romeu, who was linked with Porto before. A 20yo unproved player from the second division in Spain. When have we never made a similar signing before?

I can't imagine we'd sign many 20 year old unproven players from the second division in Spain. A highly-rated young midfielder from the best team in the world on other other hand....

But I'll give him credit for that one.

Well he certainly did not do any signings at Porto, so why do you think he's a good scout then?

Well he certainly did not do any signings at Porto, so why do you think he's a good scout then?

I think he's good at scouting teams and breaking down their gameplans for players and coaches to understand.

I think he's awful with people. Managed to piss off so many people at the club and still wanted some credit for our successes last year. But I'll give him credit for spotting Romeu for us, and if that ain't worth £13 million I don't know what is.

I think he's good at scouting teams and breaking down their gameplans for players and coaches to understand.

I think he's awful with people. Managed to piss off so many people at the club and still wanted some credit for our successes last year. But I'll give him credit for spotting Romeu for us, and if that ain't worth £13 million I don't know what is.

Yeah i agree with the first line, but i was thinking more transfer based. He's not really done anything to prove he is a great scout in that regard.

I don't know if anybody's interested in this, but Jan Kirchhoff, a talented German defender, will join Bayern Munich next summer. He rejected offers from other clubs in the Bundesliga (especially Schalke) to probably sit on the bench at Munich being their 4th center back in their squad. Still a good signing for the future.

I am so jealous of this one! Holtby is an amazing talent. I've followed him since he was captaining the German U17 side and I would bet anything he is going to be world class. AVB is one hell of a scout!

Considering the fact that Holtby is pretty well known talent out there, I don't think this is the right transfer to herald Avb as being 'one hell of a scout'

BREAKING: Arsenal have confirmed the signing of Barcelona's David Villa for an undisclosed fee. More to follow. #ssnpic.twitter.com/mp7igK4c

Fake account.

Edit: Sheva was faster. :D

Edited by GermanBlue