Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

No, Chelsea B would be a completely new club, it would have to start from the lowest division and climb its way up. I know it is unthinkable, but Barcelona B (for instance) is a totally different club.

I get where you are going and I am leaning towards agreeing with you, BUT I think it would be much more benifcal to our potential stars to play in lower divisions than in reserve games. This could really make a difference in their development (just ask anyone in La Masia).

a Chelsea B playing the Football League IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

I would rather think about things that could be tried and might possibly result in developing players from our academy because atm that isn't happening

Me too, but did I waisted 5min of my time thinking about it? No big deal, just posted it would be a good idea and I have moved on already.

I'm going to stick my head out here and say we should sign Yakubu on loan until the end of the season (and then make a big signing in the summer)

He does score goals

Portsmouth 62 apps 29 goals

Middlesbrough 73 apps 25 goals

Everton 82 apps 25 goals

Leicester 20 apps 11 goals

Blackburn 30 apps 17 goals

He isn't world class but he has done very well for goals considering he has never been in a top 4 side and would be quite a cheap, temporary option. Wouldn't mind being 2nd or 3rd choice either

I would rather think about things that could be tried and might possibly result in developing players from our academy because atm that isn't happening

Nobody saw Wimbledon breaking up into MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon?

The guys at Sports Interactive sponsor AFC Wimbledon and they've climbed into the league, after a set of trials on a playing field.

It would also be a feeder system for Managers, Coaches, Physios etc not just players.

If it's proven in other leagues and FFP clamps down hard, this could become a reality as 'investment' in facilities and youth is exempt from FFP..

As Bond said - never say never :)

And I would love us to be the first club pioneering this!!!

Nobody saw Wimbledon breaking up into MK Dons and AFC Wimbledon?

The guys at Sports Interactive sponsor AFC Wimbledon and they've climbed into the league, after a set of trials on a playing field.

It would also be a feeder system for Managers, Coaches, Physios etc not just players.

If it's proven in other leagues and FFP clamps down hard, this could become a reality as 'investment' in facilities and youth is exempt from FFP..

As Bond said - never say never :)

And I would love us to be the first club pioneering this!!!

Wimbledon relocated to Milton Keynes ,,,, Wimbledon AFC are in no way connected to MK Dons

I've got an idea! How about youth players are just thrown into the deep end and given minutes in the first team? Like the good old days when half the sport consisted of kicking kneecaps instead if balls.

It doesn't matter what a loanee achieves at another club. Their first Chelsea match is still their first Chelsea match. They could have the worst or greatest loan spells but none if that matters when they put on the royal blue. They either play well or they don't.

Jack Cork could have turned out twice as talented if he was given games here instead of Southampton in the League One. But that's just hypothetical...

Problem is that in England, even the smaller clubs mostly have a very rich history and you'd be killing those teams who rely on loans by giving support and talent to your B-team. We just sent Todd Kane to Blackburn. Blackburn was founded in 1875. McEachran is at Middlesborough. They were founded in 1876. These sort clubs have strong local support and tradition and killing these teams off for no real purpose, doesn't make sense to me. It's not like talented Chelsea youngsters won't get opportunities elsewhere as is.

Yep agree - don't forget Blackburn have won a Premier League title...something those dirty scouse bin dippers have never done!

Chelsea surprise me in every window.

In 2008, we got Deco. In the winter window, we got Quaresma (on loan).

In 2009, we got Sturridge & Zhirkov. In total, we spent around £25m that window.

In 2010, we got Benayoun, Ramires and Kalas. Big surprises. In the winter window, we got Fernando Torres and David Luiz. Huge surprises.

In 2011, we got Courtois, Lukaku, Mata and Meireles. In the winter window, we got De Bruyne, Cahill, Piazon, Omeruo, Bamford etc.

In 2012, we got Marin, Hazard, Oscar, Azpi and Moses. In the winter window, we got Ba. Just Ba.

There is absolutely no way I believe we're done with this window, especially when you compare how we're doing this season compared to our previous seasons.

Also, a quick look at our squad sees we lack midfield options (well, good ones anyway) in a deep role.

SO - I'ma be brave and say - We'll be signing Capoue or Benat.