Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

http://www.dailymail...ited-alert.html

LMAO 10m for Robben? He is practically in the top 5 players in the world.

Holy shit... WE NEED HIM! Sign him for £10, bring in some of the Reserves, and also... he's 28. He could help De Bruyne and also rip teams apart. He's also played for us before. :D

This might be long-winded but I need to get this off my chest and see what others think.

I don't think it's an over-exaggeration to say that this summer's transfer activity could well be the most important in the club's recent history. I think it's widely agreed upon that the club needs a clearout of players, and an influx of young, hungry players.

However unlike 7-8 years ago when Roman first built our squad, we have to consider the financial fair play restrictions on our spending. Therefore it may not be only a case of clearing out the 'deadwood' within our squad but also moving on a couple of players who still hold decent sell on value.

In terms of players moving on, I expect Drogba and Kalou to leave at the end of their contracts. I'm a bit annoyed we've let Kalou's contract run down, because we could have recouped a few million for him if he still had a year or two left - once again poor management from the top. Hilario may well stay another year depending on the situation regarding Courtois. If Cech is going to remain our number 1 next season (which I think will be a good idea just to ensure we still have a good balance of experience remaining in the squad) then Courtois should go out on loan for another season before perhaps coming back the next season.

In defence Ferreira and Bosingwa should be moved on. We may recoup a little money for Bosingwa, perhaps £4-5m. Malouda, similarly, should be moved on and recoup a similar figure and hopefully Arsenal will pay a couple of million to buy Benayoun.

However a couple will need to be moved on who can command decent fee's still to help aid the rebuilding process - and my choices would be Mikel and Essien. I don't expect Barca to buy back Romeu, at least this summer, and I place him above Mikel in terms of what he can give to the team. I don't see us recouping anywhere near what we originally paid for Mikel but we could still command a figure between £6-8m from abroad IMO. And for how much I love him, I believe now is the right time to sell Essien. At 29, he is still considered one of the best box to box midfielders in the world, but injuries have taken their toll and I don't think he will ever return to his rampaging best. With Ramires, we already have Essien's replacement. I saw a rumour Juventus planned to buy him for £18m in the summer and although I don't think we will receive that much money, it should still be significant at closer to £12-15m.

The other player over whether we stick or twist is Torres. There is no question that we won't get anywhere near £50m for him if we were to sell him, but if a team came in and bid around £20m for him should we cut our losses and sell? I think that will depend on what we could get as his replacement. For example if a player like Soldado was available for a similar figure I would be inclined to sell. However if we are to play with a younger, more direct team, he would surely benefit with receiving the ball much earlier than he does already?!

With the players mentioned above leaving that will open up the doors to a number of players coming in. Firstly I think even more so now with financial fair play is to look at the younger players. I don't expect them to become first team regulars overnight, but some have to be given opportunities to make part of our first team squad. I look at the likes of Scott Sinclair and Fabio Borini and although they may not be good enough to be starters at Chelsea, they are certainly better than what we have had on the bench recently. (I would much rather have Sinclair than Kalou or Malouda for example)

Therefore the likes of Bertrand, Hutchinson, McEachran and Lukaku must have more chances in the first team setup next season if they are to progress. There is no point having a player like Bertrand as our backup LB, but when Cole is injured, play someone like Bosingwa there instead. They need to be trusted to come in when first team players aren't available.

In a similar circumstance to above I see no reason to loan out De Bruyne next season when we already lack wide players and are likely to get rid of Kalou and Malouda. I would bring him in next season, even if he starts as backup.

I would like to see a couple more young players signed for much more competitive prices like Romeu, KDB and Courtois have been, who could also make up the fringes of our squad. In the last couple of seasons the club have actually shown themselves to be pretty good in this regards and have made some very astute buys. I also think the club should move for Jordan Rhodes. We wouldn't need to pay any more than £3-4m for him, especially if Huddersfield don't get promoted, and he is a very promising young English player who would beef up our attack. IF Torres were to leave I wouldn't be against us having a high quality striker as first choice, with Lukaku and Rhodes backup and the ability to switch Sturridge into the centre aswell.

Then it comes to a couple of big hitters. I'm looking at maybe 3 big signings, all around the age bracket of 22-25 (like Mata was last season) - and I believe we need a creative midfielder, a winger and a central striker. The creative midfielder could well be Mata if we were to switch him centrally and therefore I wouldn't be against buying two quality wide men or a similar player to Mata who can operate both out wide and centrally and have the two continuously switch to make space.

I'm thinking players like Hazard, Willian, Lavezzi and maybe even Adam Johnson for the wide berths, and a player such as Cavani, Higuain or Soldado as the central striker.

Whatever happens, big decisions must be made this summer if we are going to keep pace with both England's and Europe's elite!

This might be long-winded but I need to get this off my chest and see what others think.

I don't think it's an over-exaggeration to say that this summer's transfer activity could well be the most important in the club's recent history. I think it's widely agreed upon that the club needs a clearout of players, and an influx of young, hungry players.

However unlike 7-8 years ago when Roman first built our squad, we have to consider the financial fair play restrictions on our spending. Therefore it may not be only a case of clearing out the 'deadwood' within our squad but also moving on a couple of players who still hold decent sell on value.

In terms of players moving on, I expect Drogba and Kalou to leave at the end of their contracts. I'm a bit annoyed we've let Kalou's contract run down, because we could have recouped a few million for him if he still had a year or two left - once again poor management from the top. Hilario may well stay another year depending on the situation regarding Courtois. If Cech is going to remain our number 1 next season (which I think will be a good idea just to ensure we still have a good balance of experience remaining in the squad) then Courtois should go out on loan for another season before perhaps coming back the next season.

In defence Ferreira and Bosingwa should be moved on. We may recoup a little money for Bosingwa, perhaps £4-5m. Malouda, similarly, should be moved on and recoup a similar figure and hopefully Arsenal will pay a couple of million to buy Benayoun.

However a couple will need to be moved on who can command decent fee's still to help aid the rebuilding process - and my choices would be Mikel and Essien. I don't expect Barca to buy back Romeu, at least this summer, and I place him above Mikel in terms of what he can give to the team. I don't see us recouping anywhere near what we originally paid for Mikel but we could still command a figure between £6-8m from abroad IMO. And for how much I love him, I believe now is the right time to sell Essien. At 29, he is still considered one of the best box to box midfielders in the world, but injuries have taken their toll and I don't think he will ever return to his rampaging best. With Ramires, we already have Essien's replacement. I saw a rumour Juventus planned to buy him for £18m in the summer and although I don't think we will receive that much money, it should still be significant at closer to £12-15m.

The other player over whether we stick or twist is Torres. There is no question that we won't get anywhere near £50m for him if we were to sell him, but if a team came in and bid around £20m for him should we cut our losses and sell? I think that will depend on what we could get as his replacement. For example if a player like Soldado was available for a similar figure I would be inclined to sell. However if we are to play with a younger, more direct team, he would surely benefit with receiving the ball much earlier than he does already?!

With the players mentioned above leaving that will open up the doors to a number of players coming in. Firstly I think even more so now with financial fair play is to look at the younger players. I don't expect them to become first team regulars overnight, but some have to be given opportunities to make part of our first team squad. I look at the likes of Scott Sinclair and Fabio Borini and although they may not be good enough to be starters at Chelsea, they are certainly better than what we have had on the bench recently. (I would much rather have Sinclair than Kalou or Malouda for example)

Therefore the likes of Bertrand, Hutchinson, McEachran and Lukaku must have more chances in the first team setup next season if they are to progress. There is no point having a player like Bertrand as our backup LB, but when Cole is injured, play someone like Bosingwa there instead. They need to be trusted to come in when first team players aren't available.

In a similar circumstance to above I see no reason to loan out De Bruyne next season when we already lack wide players and are likely to get rid of Kalou and Malouda. I would bring him in next season, even if he starts as backup.

I would like to see a couple more young players signed for much more competitive prices like Romeu, KDB and Courtois have been, who could also make up the fringes of our squad. In the last couple of seasons the club have actually shown themselves to be pretty good in this regards and have made some very astute buys. I also think the club should move for Jordan Rhodes. We wouldn't need to pay any more than £3-4m for him, especially if Huddersfield don't get promoted, and he is a very promising young English player who would beef up our attack. IF Torres were to leave I wouldn't be against us having a high quality striker as first choice, with Lukaku and Rhodes backup and the ability to switch Sturridge into the centre aswell.

Then it comes to a couple of big hitters. I'm looking at maybe 3 big signings, all around the age bracket of 22-25 (like Mata was last season) - and I believe we need a creative midfielder, a winger and a central striker. The creative midfielder could well be Mata if we were to switch him centrally and therefore I wouldn't be against buying two quality wide men or a similar player to Mata who can operate both out wide and centrally and have the two continuously switch to make space.

I'm thinking players like Hazard, Willian, Lavezzi and maybe even Adam Johnson for the wide berths, and a player such as Cavani, Higuain or Soldado as the central striker.

Whatever happens, big decisions must be made this summer if we are going to keep pace with both England's and Europe's elite!

Good post , i agree with Mikel and Essien , we may still be able to get a fair chunk for both these players.

I do feel our transfers will depend on our league finish , yes we could look at the likes of Hazard and Cavani , but these two players will want CL football to showcase there talent. we miss out and we will have to look at other avenues.

We should have done this over the last two seasons and the board have really fucked this up as we have had a consent CL place for the last 3 years. So if we miss out now are targets are limited and i see us being stuck with some of the deadwood ... if they want to stay that is.

I agree with this however I have campaigned for the club to show more willingness to buy direct at a much cheaper price. What I mean is, for how good a player Ramires is and will over his time at Chelsea justify his £18m price tag, Benfica only paid £6m for him a season before. We should be making more of an effort in doing this.

The signs are good with the signings of KDB and Courtois. In the past we would have let them go to a team like Valencia or Porto and signed them a season later for double or triple the price. Courtois' price has probably doubled this season!

I certainly don't want it, but if there is any positive to take from not getting top 4 is that the club are going to have to be much more astute and clever with their summer activity, which may be of a greater long term benefit to the club...and also we wouldn't be able to buy anymore over the hill players with big reputations like Kaka for a stupid fee and stupid wages!

We need a coach with a plan first, then we can make purchases accordingly.

Baldric as coach ,,,he always has a cunning plan ,,,we buy a few turnips for mega millions ...oh wait we;ve been there done that ...

maybe try suedes then,,,after all Carrot top failed

Buying cheap players who are good is a great way of doing it, Mike Ashley would sell Chiek Tiote for 10 million in my opinion, i would get him.

Yeah, Tiote would be good.. Though I think we might be in a bidding war with him because it seems Newcastle are resigned to losing him this June. You're right though, targeting cheap players is the way to do it. Players like Martinez & Jordi Alba. Even looking within the league: Victor Moses, Hoillet (who's out of contract in June, I believe?), Albrighton?

But it won't happen. We'll go for the big names, with big price tags and big wages. Such is the way of this club now. We lost a good scout in André, Romeu was good signing, cheap too.

A shout for KDB to be brought in too.

Yeah, Tiote would be good.. Though I think we might be in a bidding war with him because it seems Newcastle are resigned to losing him this June. You're right though, targeting cheap players is the way to do it. Players like Martinez & Jordi Alba. Even looking within the league: Victor Moses, Hoillet (who's out of contract in June, I believe?), Albrighton?

But it won't happen. We'll go for the big names, with big price tags and big wages. Such is the way of this club now. We lost a good scout in André, Romeu was good signing, cheap too.

A shout for KDB to be brought in too.

Hoilett wouldn't be good here in my opinion, i don't want to settle for 2nd best because that's what teams like Liverpool, Spurs do. Victor Moses yes i would get him, we could probably get him for about 4 million, he's a quality young player, he might not be fantastic because he does lack consistent flair but he would be a great option, always causes trouble, can cause the defence problems and very young.

Good cheap players, well i think Tiote is a must get because he's a world class defensive midfielder, and they are meant to be losing him in the summer?, i'm not to sure about that, they've had loads of problems with Demba Ba though, he wont sign a new contract so he will be going. But i'm on about players like Vargas for Fiorentina, well to be fair he will probably be pointless for us because we need a playmaker, he is like a wide midfielder kinda but Fiorentina play 4-3-3 i think, and i havent watched him play enough. But just good players we can get for not sooo much, you know piss takers like Eden Hazard, Cavani etc and don't even get me started about the Incredible Hulk.

All point are Clear to get us back in the top four, good post from you guys. Eden hazard will have a high price tag but I will say we go for it, Moses will be cheap enough and a good buy, hoillet and tioti these guys are good player who had the premiar league taste and will prove every thing. Let the overhauling begin.

My expectation of the summer transfer activity has dropped dramatically with the departure of AVB. He managed the best signing we've had in a while in terms of quality and value for money. Moreover, if we do not keep RDM as coach, the new manager will probably not arrive till july, giving him next to no time to assess the squad and bring in decent signings (just like what happened with AVB).

My expectation of the summer transfer activity has dropped dramatically with the departure of AVB. He managed the best signing we've had in a while in terms of quality and value for money. Moreover, if we do not keep RDM as coach, the new manager will probably not arrive till july, giving him next to no time to assess the squad and bring in decent signings (just like what happened with AVB).

This is my biggest worry. Apparently Jose has said his preference is to stay at Madrid. With him and Guardiola potentially and effectively ruled out, I would love to see Robbie steady the ship. If he were to get us top 4 and win the FA Cup, who's not to say the board don't give him a chance. He almost certainly would clearout having worked with the players for the last year (for starters he's already leaving Malouda out!)

I would be very happy with a couple of good young players plying their trade already in Britain for decent prices. I already in the opening article mentioned there being very little harm in buying a player like Jordan Rhodes to bolster our squad, and if Wigan were to go down I would be looking at not just Moses but McCarthy aswell. But for me Junior Hoillett is a must, the lad has very good potential as evident today. If we can get him for free or a nominal sum in the summer that is a must - we are crying out for a right footed winger.

This is my biggest worry. Apparently Jose has said his preference is to stay at Madrid. With him and Guardiola potentially and effectively ruled out, I would love to see Robbie steady the ship. If he were to get us top 4 and win the FA Cup, who's not to say the board don't give him a chance. He almost certainly would clearout having worked with the players for the last year (for starters he's already leaving Malouda out!)

I would be very happy with a couple of good young players plying their trade already in Britain for decent prices. I already in the opening article mentioned there being very little harm in buying a player like Jordan Rhodes to bolster our squad, and if Wigan were to go down I would be looking at not just Moses but McCarthy aswell. But for me Junior Hoillett is a must, the lad has very good potential as evident today. If we can get him for free or a nominal sum in the summer that is a must - we are crying out for a right footed winger.

I'd also take Jarvis if wolves go down. Excellent player who can put in great crosses (something we desperately need).

Good cheap players, well i think Tiote is a must get because he's a world class defensive midfielder. But i'm on about players like Vargas for Fiorentina, well to be fair he will probably be pointless for us because we need a playmaker, he is like a wide midfielder kinda but Fiorentina play 4-3-3 i think, and i havent watched him play enough. But just good players we can get for not sooo much, you know piss takers like Eden Hazard, Cavani etc and don't even get me started about the Incredible Hulk.

Don't think Tiote is world-class. He's solid at his position. Would be awesome if we could persuade Diarra to come back to CFC.

Don't think Tiote is world-class. He's solid at his position. Would be awesome if we could persuade Diarra to come back to CFC.

Well these days you don't really get a world class DM, but i mean world class as in that department, not as in world class out of all players in the world.