Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

4 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

They have Tierney (better than both Kurzawa and Kolasinac imo) and Kolasinac? Another LB... strange 

When have Arsenal ever not made strange signings? They always sign players that they don't need. 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

They have Tierney (better than both Kurzawa and Kolasinac imo) and Kolasinac? Another LB... strange 

I would take Kolasinac off them in a heartbeat. Average footballer but absolute beast and great character to have in the dressing room. Also IMO still better than Alonso and Emerson in current form

1 minute ago, Magic Lamps said:

I would take Kolasinac off them in a heartbeat. Average footballer but absolute beast and great character to have in the dressing room. Also IMO still better than Alonso and Emerson in current form

Stop drinking.

10 hours ago, Vesper said:

Jose Gaya at 100m euros is sooo not happening

Firpo was my number one choice for ages, gutted when Barca snapped him up

Grimaldo is not worth his 60m euro RC in my book, but we may be forced if we miss out in the overrated Chilwell (fuck paying £80m!!) and stupidly refuse to buy Telles and Gosens and refuse to sell the two scrubs we now have.

That said, I can so see us with the same LB dregs next season plus the turgid Azpi there a tonne.

I may have to stop posting here if that happens and we have not only missed out on CL but then go into the ditch with LB play at the fore of the shit. My temper will snap at that point.

Gaya would not require €100m to get him. I reckon a serious €70m would get him. However, the thing that is annoying is that he should have been brought 3-4 years ago as it was clear he was a top tier talent. For me, our LB targets should be Gaya, Grimaldo or possibly Gosens. Telles for me should also be looked at as a LB option for now who if he does not excel can be shifted to LB2 as I am not sold on Emerson at all and whilst I am a big Alonso fan in a 343, I appriciate he struggles in a back 4. 

Ashley Young almost at Inter.
Penny for the thoughts of people who wanted Conte to stay and be fully backed in the market, would have set us back years and years.
I think this sort of deal is all Inter will clear with rumoured moves near completion.

Conte at a club with unlimited funds would be a sight.

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

I think this sort of deal is all Inter will clear with rumoured moves near completion.

Conte at a club with unlimited funds would be a sight.

He apparently wanted us to sign him as soon as the Ox deal collapsed. The signings made by Juve, Chelsea and Inter during his leadership are 90% poor, there's far too much sample size for it to be a coincidence.

Take Radja for example, he was apparently furious we didn't get him for him, yet when he finally got his hands on him he couldn't chuck him out quick enough.

7 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He apparently wanted us to sign him as soon as the Ox deal collapsed. The signings made by Juve, Chelsea and Inter during his leadership are 90% poor, there's far too much sample size for it to be a coincidence.

Take Radja for example, he was apparently furious we didn't get him for him, yet when he finally got his hands on him he couldn't chuck him out quick enough.

Radja's wife has cancer and wanted to move back closer to family. 

He apparently wanted us to sign him as soon as the Ox deal collapsed. The signings made by Juve, Chelsea and Inter during his leadership are 90% poor, there's far too much sample size for it to be a coincidence. Take Radja for example, he was apparently furious we didn't get him for him, yet when he finally got his hands on him he couldn't chuck him out quick enough. 

Didn't he want Alex Sandro and ended up with Zappacosta?  

Radja was a different player when we were linked with him to the one Conte ended up with (not to mention personal problems as well). The guy smokes like a chimney & people expect it not to take a toll.

None of the clubs he's been at have had the pulling power or funds do wrap things up, so these failures being 2nd/3rd choices can't solely lie with him. Can't think of a first choice target he signed during his spell here.

12 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The thing with Conte is that he is a tactical genius. As a result, the signings that he wants may not be the best in regards to a club that churns managers but he wants them as they fit his profile. Ergo, signing him players that he doesn't want is going to quickly get his nose out of joint and they are unlikely to be able to fit his style. 

Therefore, it depends what you want as a club, a manager who can win you things doing things his way or a board that is in charge and replace managers every other season. Both methods can prove successful but it depends on what is your preference. 

41 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Gaya would not require €100m to get him. I reckon a serious €70m would get him. However, the thing that is annoying is that he should have been brought 3-4 years ago as it was clear he was a top tier talent. For me, our LB targets should be Gaya, Grimaldo or possibly Gosens. Telles for me should also be looked at as a LB option for now who if he does not excel can be shifted to LB2 as I am not sold on Emerson at all and whilst I am a big Alonso fan in a 343, I appriciate he struggles in a back 4. 

Gosens as a LWB blows Alonso away. So much better defensively due to to far more pace. Close to same height (Gosens is around an inch and a half shorter, but still over 6 feet), great shot (tracking to 15 goals over a 3500 minute season) and a better crosser. Only thing Alonso may have on him is free kicks. I much prefer Alonso to play for us (out of Emerson, Azpi, and him) as a wingback in back 3, but I do not like a back 3 save for special games. Gosens is also a good traditional LB as well. Far better than any of our options. It is just foolish to keep playing Azpi at LB. He is shite there (even at times on defence) and offers nothing of important offensively. 

If right footers could play LB, why is it that no other team of any real quality (and so few teams at all) does it? Every time Azpi gets the ball and tries to cross with his left, it is pathetic. Drives me bonkers. My number one issue, only topped by the nightmare that occurs when Tammy cannot play.

Finally,  there is no chance that Valencia come down 30m euros on Gaya. It is not happening. Especially when they see an inferior player in Chilwell being priced at only £5m less (£85m for Gaya, £80m for Ben).

If they did price Gaya at £59.5m (€70m) I would bite their hand off and STILL buy/swap for Gosens. As long as we dump our 2 LBs now, you are still looking at only a £30 to £40m net spend total for a VAST upgrade at LB. The only team with a better pair than us would be Bayern (and those fucks have 3 great LB's although not all are healthy atm). Liverpool is fucked hard if Robertson cannot go. Shitty is bläää  on all 3 (Mendy has looked a little better lately tbh). Arse is fucked as long as Tierney is out. United has shit fatboy Shaw and then a kid. Spuds is meh at LB'S. 

Only teams where LB is a strength and deep are Bayern, Barca, and (when both get their two great young loanees back) Real and Juve. That is literally it.

We would be the 5th with any combo of Gosens pmus either Gaya, Grimaldo, or Telles (Gaya obviously being the best.)

Screw dumping 80m quid on Chillwell. Hard pass. Just him plus say, Alonso, is askibg for trouble as soon as Chilwell cannot go. Also, we are asking for trouble if we drop 80m quid and he plays like he has the past month plus, which is dogshit. LB/RB matters. Look at Leicester's dip in form overall and how it coincides with a dip in form of their fullback play, especially Chilwell.

6 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Didn't he want Alex Sandro and ended up with Zappacosta?

Radja was a different player when we were linked with him to the one Conte ended up with. The guy smokes like a chimney & people expect it not to take a toll.

None of the clubs he's been at have had the pulling power or funds do wrap things up, so these failures being 2nd/3rd choices can't solely lie with him. Can't think of a first choice target he signed during his spell here.

I don't think the board are blameless for that shambles summer (my opinion looking back is that they after the first choice targets became unattainable they should have told him to make use of our young players), however he seems to escape with a remarkable amount of flack.

Not to mention other rumoured signings that would have equally been disastrous (Candreva).

6 minutes ago, King Kante said:

The thing with Conte is that he is a tactical genius. As a result, the signings that he wants may not be the best in regards to a club that churns managers but he wants them as they fit his profile. Ergo, signing him players that he doesn't want is going to quickly get his nose out of joint and they are unlikely to be able to fit his style. 

Therefore, it depends what you want as a club, a manager who can win you things doing things his way or a board that is in charge and replace managers every other season. Both methods can prove successful but it depends on what is your preference. 

That what makes his meltdowns all the more bizzare. He proves he can improvise and get the best out of non elite squads.

A fully motivated Conte would have been a decent manager to have brought through some of the academy guys in, but he didn't seem interested.