Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, DDA said:

😴😴😴😴

We are truly embarrassing.

Fancy going crazy for the ban to be overturned only not to have z transfer strategy on the first available window lool.

Cant say I'm surprised. Even summer bit hmmm until deals are done. Messed up so many before or just signed deadwood.

2 hours ago, DDA said:

😴😴😴😴

We are truly embarrassing.

Fancy going crazy for the ban to be overturned only not to have z transfer strategy on the first available window lool.

Firstly I think from a reputation standpoint the club wanted to stick one on FIFA, especially when City seem to get away with every misdemeanour.

But overturning the ban was always going to provide us with flexibility. A couple of months ago there was lots of talk of Sancho unrest at Dortmund. What if January had come around and Dortmund were prepared to ship him out, or Sancho was intent on forcing a move away and we were still banned. It should never be an excuse to just buy for the sake of it, that's how we've ended up with a lot of poor buys in recent years.

Would people prefer to buy Zaha now or Sancho in the summer. I'm not saying it's a guarantee we'll get him but I'd much rather hold tight if waiting til the summer means higher quality purchases.

9 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Firstly I think from a reputation standpoint the club wanted to stick one on FIFA, especially when City seem to get away with every misdemeanour.

But overturning the ban was always going to provide us with flexibility. A couple of months ago there was lots of talk of Sancho unrest at Dortmund. What if January had come around and Dortmund were prepared to ship him out, or Sancho was intent on forcing a move away and we were still banned. It should never be an excuse to just buy for the sake of it, that's how we've ended up with a lot of poor buys in recent years.

Would people prefer to buy Zaha now or Sancho in the summer. I'm not saying it's a guarantee we'll get him but I'd much rather hold tight if waiting til the summer means higher quality purchases.

Totally agree with what you are saying but a club of our stature should have scouts in every corner of the World looking for other options if the preferred signing doesn't become available. There should a 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice of the highest quality and if not... throw a big bag of cash to land the desired target. Yes, January is a silly period of over inflated prices but we 4th place is in the balance here... the possibility of playing in Europa League does not attract the big names come this summer. You could say this window was soo vital for us to catch up in that it could decide the fate of our clubs progress in the next 2 years taking what I said into consideration. 

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

"Simeone has put a lot of pressure on the club" :rolleyes:

In the meantime we are sat back drinking coffee

They've got 3 solid strikers on their books and are still pushing hard for Cavani.

We've got 1 (who's injured currently) and are fucking around as we enter a hellish fixture list.

Just now, Pizy said:

They've got 3 solid strikers on their books and are still pushing hard for Cavani.

We've got 1 (who's injured currently) and are fucking around as we enter a hellish fixture list.

Board are fucking clueless mate

They play 4-4-2. They need more strikers in general.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

6 hours ago, DDA said:

Totally agree with what you are saying but a club of our stature should have scouts in every corner of the World looking for other options if the preferred signing doesn't become available. There should a 2nd, 3rd and 4th choice of the highest quality and if not... throw a big bag of cash to land the desired target. Yes, January is a silly period of over inflated prices but we 4th place is in the balance here... the possibility of playing in Europa League does not attract the big names come this summer. You could say this window was soo vital for us to catch up in that it could decide the fate of our clubs progress in the next 2 years taking what I said into consideration. 

I agree that our scouting need to be doing more. It does seem to have gone a little flat after the period where we plucked out the likes of Courtois, De Bruyne and Salah. We've made some good buys (amongst some poor ones) but they've all been well known, established European players.

It's a different period even a few years later with how inflated the market is but there are still great deals to be got. You only have to look at Arsenal's purchase of Martinelli on the cheap to see that. And at least now with Lampard in charge we have a manager who is more likely to give a younger player like this opportunities. In earlier years we would buy someone like Martinelli and loan him out for a couple of years.

I just think the top tier players will not move in January unless under extreme circumstances and with the players we are being linked with as alternatives (Dembele, etc) I'm confident we could still attract players like this in the summer with or without Champions League football so I do understand the club's position, assuming their plan is to significantly strengthen properly in the summer.