Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

3 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

If Real could utilise Lucas Vazquez when they had strongest team in europe, I dont see why we couldnt use Musonda for example.

It was BECAUSE they were the strongest team in Europe that they could bring him in. Like you say IF the other 9 could step up to make up for him then yeah we could/should do it.

But no we dont utilize the youth enough. We shoulda used 4 on Saturday and we wouldn't have done any worse I dont think.

But I also think like we should trust youth that we also trust the starting 11. The stick I see us giving Alonso,Moses goes too far I think. I know its because we always wamt more,better but those 2 are loved outside of here. Specially Alonso. Yeah of course I would upgrade if we could but fuck I'd upgrade alot of them. if possible.

I dunno if we will ever get the youth ballance sorted but Ive always believe that tallent should work no matter where it is. Meaning IF our academy lads are as good as we/they are supposed to be they should excel wherever they go. We just dont see that tho.

Is it because that in the academy they play with the same lads week in week out. They are perfectly gelled together. They know each other so well having grown up together. But take them from that comfort zone and put them with men they dont know then its different. Theres only the odd 1 or 2 really make it  but thats the same at any club isn't it. So no bad reflection on our academy.

9 hours ago, DDA said:

Bale is a fantastic player. He was tearing the Prem up before he left, imagine what he would do now.

Tearing his muscles? :D

----------------------------------------------

I was thinking a bit - why would Real Madrid go for Eden Hazard and not Paulo Dybala? Eden is for sure more expensive, three years older, he is established player who played biggest part in winning two Premier Leagues. He is for sure more settled in London than Paulo is at Turin. And they always had great relationship with Juve (Zidane, for example).

Dybala to Real would be just like Coutinho to Barcelona, for cca 150 mils Real for sure could get him.

Sanchez to City rumors heating up. It would actually be funny if it weren't so sad that the team miles in front of everyone is after a player like him while we're linked with Andy bloody Carroll. 😂

I mean really, does Sanchez improve City in any quantifiable way? They're already unstoppable going forward and have loads of depth in attack. As with Liverpool replacing Coutinho, I'm not even bothered by the fact that Liverpool/City are adding another quality attacking option, it's the fact that we don't even try to aim that high.

We're now a club that seems okay with buying mediocre players. City, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid, and United shop at the upscale designer stores whilst we buy from the thrift shop. The only way we splurge a big sum on a player is if we sell someone for an equal amount. That's just not going to be enough to compete with the club's I mentioned going forward. And that's not even mentioning clubs like Bayern or Juventus who don't even need to spend big money because they just scoop up top talents at the ends of their contracts for peanuts.

Look at our last 25 signings: Pato, Pedro, Amelia, Baba Rahman, Begovic, Kenedy, Falcao, Hector, Miazga, Nathan, Djiloboji, Pantic, Cuadrado, Kante, Luiz, Alonso, Batshuayi, Eduardo, Bakayoko, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Rudiger, Morata, Caballero, Barkley.

17 hours ago, Unionjack said:

But we need the scouts to look at the players like that.

But tell me just what our supporters would say if we started buying a load of £10m players? The interweb would burn. Everyone would be screaming for blood saying why arent we buying £100m players.

I'm a bit like that too but I also realise theres cheap talent available too. Its getting the riht ballance and guy for the job. Just look how peeps dont like Rossy. Classy player dirt cheap. A risk buying any player no matter if £10m or £100m.

The right balance is the most important thing and it's something the club hasn't done well at times but will be forced to do in my opinion. Particularly if they're working to a stricter budget nowadays because otherwise they'll never buy compete at the top end for players.

I agree with you and the consensus that solely buying cheaper talent will over time make us weaker. It's far more satisfying getting good value from a signing, but we also still need some of the league's best players amongst our ranks too and unless we do get lucky with players like Courtois and Azpi developing into that bracket, we'll have to go and buy players at this level and be forced at times to pay the market rate for this level.

I'm not expecting the club to bring through all their young players and I understand it's hard to get a couple through let alone a conveyor belt (and that's not just Chelsea amongst the top teams). However, there are younger players at the club or who we've had in the past that should be given the opportunity to become proper squad members. When I say proper squad members I don't mean the fifth or sixth choice defender or midfielder but perhaps the fourth choice. It gives them the opportunity to play cup games, against weaker teams when the squad is being rotated and also the possible chance to play in big games when there are suspensions and injuries. This is exactly how Christensen was able to take his chance. If we had brought another defender in the summer, he would never have had those chances this season and probably been on his way out this month.

Loftus-Cheek is another example. He's been kept at the club the last two seasons and barely played. He could have gone out on loan for the past two seasons and returned this summer as a midfield option which would have meant we wouldn't have needed to buy one of Drinkwater or Bakayoko. Coming in after a couple of years on loan as a more polished, experienced player is no different to a new signing, freshening the team up and keeping players on their toes.

Courtois and Christensen aren't the norm. Courtois is, and Christensen can become world class players. I'm not expecting lots of players like this, but surely given the success of our academies we can find a couple of new squad players from it every couple of seasons, that with time and confidence can perhaps grow into bigger roles (take Lingard currently at United). If we adopted a policy like this then a couple of squad player replacements to freshen up the squad could come from within each summer, allowing us to focus on a couple of starting XI improvements rather than spreading our budget out over 4 - 5 good but not great players. And when good deals come up, such as the one with Barkley because his contract is winding down, we take advantage of these too if they represent good value.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Sanchez to City rumors heating up. It would actually be funny if it weren't so sad that the team miles in front of everyone is after a player like him while we're linked with Andy bloody Carroll. 😂

I mean really, does Sanchez improve City in any quantifiable way? They're already unstoppable going forward and have loads of depth in attack. As with Liverpool replacing Coutinho, I'm not even bothered by the fact that Liverpool/City are adding another quality attacking option, it's the fact that we don't even try to aim that high.

We're now a club that seems okay with buying mediocre players. City, PSG, Barca, Real Madrid, and United shop at the upscale designer stores whilst we buy from the thrift shop. The only way we splurge a big sum on a player is if we sell someone for an equal amount. That's just not going to be enough to compete with the club's I mentioned going forward. And that's not even mentioning clubs like Bayern or Juventus who don't even need to spend big money because they just scoop up top talents at the ends of their contracts for peanuts.

As many have said on here; spending big doesn't automatically mean you're getting value regardless of the current market. We need to follow the last two clubs you mentioned (Barkley deal being a good move), as we are no longer willing to spend big unless money's coming to us beforehand.

Sane, D.Silva, B.Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez....

City now got 9 attacking minded technical players and each one of them would walk straight into our starting XI

9 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Sane, D.Silva, B.Silva, Gundogan, Sterling, De Bruyne, Aguero, Jesus, Sanchez....

Sane cant be happy with this.

He's just been downgraded to B.Silva status with this move. B.Silva even further down the pecking order now too.

Our board will sleep n try to find cheap deals in the market

When we hav to compete with the likes of city n barca, we should be signing players like sanchez and mahrez

We as a competitive pl team are done i guess

Hazard n tibo shud leave for their own sake n so shud conte

No a good time being a blues fan but then again happy we aint as broken as arsenal

City now got 9 attacking minded technical players and each one of them would walk straight into our starting XI

Almost anyone would walk into RWF at this point.

Would any of them replace Hazard?

I'd say no

9 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Sane cant be happy with this.

He's just been downgraded to B.Silva status with this move. B.Silva even further down the pecking order now too.

Might be worth putting a bid on B.Silva in the summer then, or nobody wants him anymore? Meanwhile Arsenal continue being a feeder club to City. :lol: