Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Leon Baily...

1 hour ago, the wes said:

80M for him and Alex Telles combined and we are go to go :D

3 hours ago, the wes said:

I like Malcolm too but of course we don’t know that the club has not made a move for him.  Maybe it has, maybe it hasn’t. What we do know from yesterday’s press conference is that Antonio would like to add to his squad in January, and that he expects that the club will be trying to get it done. 

I got a serious question here, it's is there actual value in the transfer market anymore? I mean look at the sums of money being thrown around for slightly above average players??? VanDijk? Lukaku?? Pogba??? Mbappe??? I'm hearing Coutinho will go for 100m too? It's just madness!

I'm struggling to find a decent price for anyone so maybe the best thing for Chelsea to do is exactly what we've been doing? Grabbing a few younger, less hyped players like Bakayoko, like Ampadu, like maybe Bailey, and allow Conte(who I think is the best manager in the world at managing a budgetary squad) do his thing. I just don't want to look like Utd... a team that spend loads of cash and could have gotten more with lesser names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:
I got a serious question here, it's is there actual value in the transfer market anymore? I mean look at the sums of money being thrown around for slightly above average players??? VanDijk? Lukaku?? Pogba??? Mbappe??? I'm hearing Coutinho will go for 100m too? It's just madness!  I'm struggling to find a decent price for anyone so maybe the best thing for Chelsea to do is exactly what we've been doing? Grabbing a few younger, less hyped players like Bakayoko, like Ampadu, like maybe Bailey, and allow Conte(who I think is the best manager in the world at managing a budgetary squad) do his thing. I just don't want to look like Utd... a team that spend loads of cash and could have gotten more with lesser names.

There are still several players that have decent buyout clauses or are close to running out of contract (Meyer, Benard, Shaw, Vrij, Goretzka & Asamoah to name a few) that could add to our squad. We just aren't in a position (something I'm happy about) to get into bidding wars for X, Y or Z.

Fees will keep rising & become more ridiculous as long as PSG, City, Utd and the big two in Spain can spend freely. A transfer cap/salary cap needs be introduced sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, LAM09 said:

...A transfer cap/salary cap needs be introduced sooner rather than later.

Roman’s arrival in 2003 excited a lot of interest. Anything about him, or about Chelsea was fascinating to the media. Back then I was posting on the now defunct BBC fans forums. They invited Chelsea fans to apply to write an opinion piece about the club. My application was selected.

Among the thoughts I submitted was the hope that Roman’s spending would threaten the established clubs to such a degree that they’d be forced to accept an American style spending cap. Of course I reckoned without the pathetic weakness of Michael Platini. I always felt he wasn’t bright enough to be head of European football. Something he proved by being easily manipulated into the horrible FFP nonsense which, of course, is the exact opposite of ‘fair’. Maybe one day we’ll get something better but I’m not holding my breath. 

I got a serious question here, it's is there actual value in the transfer market anymore? I mean look at the sums of money being thrown around for slightly above average players??? VanDijk? Lukaku?? Pogba??? Mbappe??? I'm hearing Coutinho will go for 100m too? It's just madness!

I'm struggling to find a decent price for anyone so maybe the best thing for Chelsea to do is exactly what we've been doing? Grabbing a few younger, less hyped players like Bakayoko, like Ampadu, like maybe Bailey, and allow Conte(who I think is the best manager in the world at managing a budgetary squad) do his thing. I just don't want to look like Utd... a team that spend loads of cash and could have gotten more with lesser names.

Did you just say Pogba and Mbappe are slightly above average?
Mbappe is top 10 in the world and 19 years old. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

a team that spend loads of cash and could have gotten more with lesser names.

Like they've never said owt like that about us befeore eh!

Whens the window open? Midnight? Lets hope we get our list filled by the last stroke of Big Ben

022c22d1e45cdc5768fe4c4c40b46ae8.gif

Did you just say Pogba and Mbappe are slightly above average?
Mbappe is top 10 in the world and 19 years old. Lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I did. I'm not one for the hype machine. Mbappe might become a fantastic player but no way in hell is he worth 163m and further he hasn't done anything to justify he's a top 10 player for me. Potential? Sure.

Pogba is way overrated and so is his enormous contract and wage packet. If you take away the hype is he really that great? Debatable I guess.

I was wondering just how long it would take for the Dave to RM malarky to start

Real Madrid ready to swoop for three Chelsea stars including Eden Hazard

REAL MADRID want to sign Thibaut Courtois and Cesar Azpilicueta as well as Eden Hazard from Chelsea, according to reports in Spain.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/670303/Chelsea-News-Eden-Hazard-Thibaut-Courtois-Cesar-Azpilicueta-Real-Madrid-Transfer-gossip

Like they've never said owt like that about us befeore eh!
Whens the window open? Midnight? Lets hope we get our list filled by the last stroke of Big Ben
022c22d1e45cdc5768fe4c4c40b46ae8.gif

The difference is the value in the market, I just don't think it exists now.

3 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

The difference is the value in the market, I just don't think it exists now.

Sorry my brains on go slow for awhile and I dont understamd :(

We was known for spending lots of money for players for quite awhile With hindsight some of them was well overpriced (or they just didn't gel with us for whatever reason)

Personally I dont mind paying over the value IF we need that certain player. Every player we buy whether hes world class or from a lesser English league is a gamble.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I did. I'm not one for the hype machine. Mbappe might become a fantastic player but no way in hell is he worth 163m and further he hasn't done anything to justify he's a top 10 player for me. Potential? Sure.

Pogba is way overrated and so is his enormous contract and wage packet. If you take away the hype is he really that great? Debatable I guess.

Mbappé’s not worth that now but he will be very soon. Guy’s insane.