Non-Chelsea Transfer Pub

Hamilton

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

No, we aren't spending big because we have to adhere to FFP and create a self sustaining football club. It might actually be a great thing for our club if it means more youth will start finding a route into the first team. It's about time we looked to bring through more homegrown talent anyhow. You, and others, worry yourselves with what City or PSG are doing. They are both dodgy as fuck anyway, so who cares. 

Doubt fans would mind this approach if the club actually do that but they aren't.

7 hours ago, It's too big said:

more youth will start finding a route into the first team.

Why should they? I'm all for it IF and when they are good enough but I want the best player we can possibly find in each position. We have given youth a try but how many make the most of it?

It would seem more sensible for MOST with a chance of taking it a higher step to go on loan to get experience first and to bring them home if they might fit in.

Unless theres the odd 1 or 2 that just might work into the 1st team. I really like Ampadu. Kids so young and I would like to see us keeping him to train him on site giving him time when possible.

What I wou;d like to see happen but is a big gamble is to send out our loanees for a 2 or 3 year period. That way they can relax tknowing they are in 1 team for awhile and now akk they need to do is study and work hard. A gamble as it leaves them open to liking their loaned team so much they want to stay. As in Tibos case.

If we was a mid table club that was safe from relegation that would be ideal to promote alot of youth as theres no pressure for silverware drom fans,board,owner media. But just not peactical with us even with arguably the best academy in PL. IMHO

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Doubt fans would mind this approach if the club actually do that but they aren't.

This. We have some useles players in squad who deserve to be benched, yet no one has the balls to actualy play our talented youth like Sterling, Salter, Odoi, Ampadu or Musonda for couple games.

I would get it if we are in title race or having squad filled with superstars but come on. 

Maybe we have overhyped kids who realy arent that promising at all, but fuck give them a damn start or two. Even Real, Barca, Psg plays their kids in cup games. Norwich would be perfect example yet we throw first team players who shown zero fucks. 

And its gonna be the same next time. 

Yeah Ampadu is getting some (very limited) minutes, others not at all. I can see Odoi or Sterling may not be "ready" yet, but Musonda? 

Nah we  just play Willian and Pedro 😑

We are lacking wingbacks and wingers, we have three youth players that can play in those positions but the board does fuck all. 

Thats one and only thing I realy blame Conte. Scared to lose vs norwich so he throws regulars who perform like shit instead of giving chance to Sterling, Ampadu Musonda and Odoi in second half. 

Next game is played at home and I bet we wont see youth again bar maybe Ampadu.

The way this club runs youth is plain awful. 

26 minutes ago, It's too big said:

No, we aren't spending big 

We spent £200.5 Million this season if that's not sending big what is ? The problem is we are wasting the money on some average players why city sign quality players 

So Barca bought Coutinho. What's up with that Arda Turan guy? Always admired him. And Rakitić is good too. Wouldn't mind any of those two alongside Kante, for the right price (they are not young, their contract might be running out, why not grab a chance?)

3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Why should they? I'm all for it IF and when they are good enough but I want the best player we can possibly find in each position. We have given youth a try but how many make the most of it?

It would seem more sensible for MOST with a chance of taking it a higher step to go on loan to get experience first and to bring them home if they might fit in.

Unless theres the odd 1 or 2 that just might work into the 1st team. I really like Ampadu. Kids so young and I would like to see us keeping him to train him on site giving him time when possible.

If we was a mid table club that was safe from relegation that would be ideal to promote alot of youth as theres no pressure for silverware drom fans,board,owner media. But just not peactical with us even with arguably the best academy in PL. IMHO

Very very few kids have it what it takes from the get go. Kane looked average for Spurs first couple games. 

Its not always superstar talent at 18. 

We have Pedro and Willian on wings who are downright shit (sorry but its true) and yet they play week in week out. Odoi is very promising, but Musonda is now at age when he definately deserves the chance. Same with wingbacks, we have few yet Sterling doesnt play at all.

Then we play Kenedy who has brain of a potato. This mentaly ready is just bs excuse because then Kenedy wouldnt play single game. 

We dont have balls to throw 17 year old in cup game because we fear we would lose the game. 

Thats says plenty of how much we trust our youth and how (un)reliable first team players are if they cant win a cup game with one youth player instead of regular.

What its evident that some older players dont give two shits about norwich in carabao, youth players would give all in such game to prove themselves. 

And we dont make any change. 

And same applies to the league. We are far behind City and yet we dont experiment. All I ask is one damn chance. 2nd or 3rd it doesnt matter in the end does it if we develop a kid into regular for several seasons to come. 

What is one place lower if that meant we get to see Musonda/Odoi/Sterling as regular from next season on for next 5-10 years? 

But the club is so short visioned. No wonder we are lacking consistency when the board tries to be smart in buying and "develop" players when in fact whole board from coach to back staff doesnt know a single thing on how to make youth player a regular. 

Balls. The board lacks them. The players lack them. Its one big "take the easier way" business nowdays. 

28 minutes ago, the wes said:

We spent £200.5 Million this season if that's not sending big what is ? The problem is we are wasting the money on some average players why city sign quality players 

You are right that we have spent money on average players but at the same time, a lot of that money is offset by the outgoings. It's not like we're doing what we did 10 years ago, splashing money on players without worrying about having to sell to balance the books.

If we want to win trophies we must spend BIG . Who is musonda? I don’t care if he has great potential he isn’t ready for us . We are not the team to develop him. Loan for 2-3years. ,buy one world class player and it’s all ok. 

Its simple .christiensen became a good cb from Germany not from Chelsea.

20 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

What is one place lower if that meant we get to see Musonda/Odoi/Sterling as regular from next season on for next 5-10 years?

I love a gamble but theres no way on earth I could risk money on either coming 2nd 3rd or 4th in the EPL seeing how tight it is up there. So while I do understand why we dont bring the youth on it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to specially in certain positions,times. And WE dont have any pressure being supporters but you can bet that Conte has to answer for everything he does to Roman.

We slag off both our WBs but everyone else in football love them. I'd take upgrades on them if at all possible (and others) but we aren't the ones in charge. And the FFP would go out the window along with all the recent work of keeping to it.

Theres just too much pressure on the club to take big risks. No most of our youth just aren't ready for us or a top 6 tean.

12 minutes ago, Dimitr said:

If we want to win trophies we must spend BIG . Who is musonda? I don’t care if he has great potential he isn’t ready for us . We are not the team to develop him. Loan for 2-3years. ,buy one world class player and it’s all ok. 

Spending big can help compete but has no guarantees. 2 summers ago we brought Kante for around £30m when United were buying Pogba for £90m. 

Don't get me wrong Pogba is an excellent player, but we have got far more value out of our purchase of Kante.

Our starting defence for most of this season has been Courtois (£7m), Azpi (£7m), Christensen (Free) and Cahill (£7m). I would rather this than the millions United and City have spent on their defences which are no better than ours. 

We have to compete when necessary I agree, but in a time of absolute ridiculous transfer fees I'm happy that the club are trying to find better value in their signings then they perhaps have not done in previous years gone by.

6 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Spending big can help compete but has no guarantees. 2 summers ago we brought Kante for around £30m when United were buying Pogba for £90m. 

Don't get me wrong Pogba is an excellent player, but we have got far more value out of our purchase of Kante.

Our starting defence for most of this season has been Courtois (£7m), Azpi (£7m), Christensen (Free) and Cahill (£7m). I would rather this than the millions United and City have spent on their defences which are no better than ours. 

We have to compete when necessary I agree, but in a time of absolute ridiculous transfer fees I'm happy that the club are trying to find better value in their signings then they perhaps have not done in previous years gone by.

But we need the scouts to look at the players like that.

But tell me just what our supporters would say if we started buying a load of £10m players? The interweb would burn. Everyone would be screaming for blood saying why arent we buying £100m players.

I'm a bit like that too but I also realise theres cheap talent available too. Its getting the riht ballance and guy for the job. Just look how peeps dont like Rossy. Classy player dirt cheap. A risk buying any player no matter if £10m or £100m.

We've probably sent 80+ players out on loan and only two players have managed to become starters. It's clear to see that isn't the answer, especially when many of them can't get minutes at lesser clubs.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

This. We have some useles players in squad who deserve to be benched, yet no one has the balls to actualy play our talented youth like Sterling, Salter, Odoi, Ampadu or Musonda for couple games.

I would get it if we are in title race or having squad filled with superstars but come on. 

Maybe we have overhyped kids who realy arent that promising at all, but fuck give them a damn start or two. Even Real, Barca, Psg plays their kids in cup games. Norwich would be perfect example yet we throw first team players who shown zero fucks. 

And its gonna be the same next time. 

Yeah Ampadu is getting some (very limited) minutes, others not at all. I can see Odoi or Sterling may not be "ready" yet, but Musonda? 

Nah we  just play Willian and Pedro 😑

We are lacking wingbacks and wingers, we have three youth players that can play in those positions but the board does fuck all. 

Thats one and only thing I realy blame Conte. Scared to lose vs norwich so he throws regulars who perform like shit instead of giving chance to Sterling, Ampadu Musonda and Odoi in second half. 

Next game is played at home and I bet we wont see youth again bar maybe Ampadu.

The way this club runs youth is plain awful. 

This is one of the most frustrating aspects of being a Chelsea fan.

4 hours ago, Dimitr said:

Loan for 2-3years. 

I'm a fan of loaning a player out to club for 2-3 years has long they are starters for the club look at Christensen and Courtois for example both players where loan to one club for long spells and came back and broke in the 1st 11 

25 minutes ago, Georgy said:

Another class performance by Bale. If we can make him stay fit I wouldn't be against him coming if Hazard leaves.

Bale is a fantastic player. He was tearing the Prem up before he left, imagine what he would do now.

1 hour ago, DDA said:

Bale is a fantastic player. He was tearing the Prem up before he left, imagine what he would do now.

Be injured for over half the freakin season ? 

Like seriously he's already struggling to stay fit in La Liga a less physically demanding league then the PL.

What do you think's gonna happen when he has to play midweek games and regularly get the sh*t kicked out of him ? 

15 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I love a gamble but theres no way on earth I could risk money on either coming 2nd 3rd or 4th in the EPL seeing how tight it is up there. So while I do understand why we dont bring the youth on it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to specially in certain positions,times. And WE dont have any pressure being supporters but you can bet that Conte has to answer for everything he does to Roman.

We slag off both our WBs but everyone else in football love them. I'd take upgrades on them if at all possible (and others) but we aren't the ones in charge. And the FFP would go out the window along with all the recent work of keeping to it.

Theres just too much pressure on the club to take big risks. No most of our youth just aren't ready for us or a top 6 tean.

If that was the case no top team would ever produce young players into stars. 

Yeah its risk, but it pays off later. 

I agree you cant throw youth every weekend, but there are games that you do. 

Chelsea is worst example here. Liverpool, United, City, Arsenal they all give more chance to them (United under Mou not so much though). 

We keep saying they are not ready until they are too old. 

If Real could utilise Lucas Vazquez when they had strongest team in europe, I dont see why we couldnt use Musonda for example. 

Its BS to say he isnt ready. 

Kdb wasnt "ready" either I guess...

We always have a choice to play them. Bigger risk yes. But we go for safer option. 

Board doesnt have trust in Musonda and if you throw him in first 11, other 10 players who are seniors will be unable to cover up for ONE! youth player. Why? Because we have average players in first team, who too often play shit like against norwich.

Also this "pressure" was created by the club itself. I can imagine its the most demanding to be manager at chelsea and to be young player at chelsea. Thats why managers are afraid to field youth and youth is often underperforming in those rare chances. We just dont have safe surroundings and environment for youth. And thats on board because they run youth like factory. Nothing more. 

And the worst is because we pretend we are investing in youth, we dont spend that much anymore because we want to develop youth but that is one big BS. 

Our youth might be overhyped, to say Musonda is next Ronaldo or Odoi next Hazard etc...but they won everything on youth levels ahead of others. So they are definately ready for those first team chances.