Future Chelsea team

Jose M

I think we need a RW of the highest priority as if we don't have a new RB, we wont get much overlapping from ivan and ramires is much more central. Wheras on the left we will have A cole overlapping hazard which will be great. i cant wait to see how we line up vs Wigan, or even vs man city if we take the game seriously.

EDIT: This is assuming we play a 4-2-3-1.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really liked Italy's 3-5-2 formation in the Euros tbh, unsure if RDM will ever use it but it could work maybe... also find it odd how Sturridge hasn't been included in a few of these, seems like people have forgotten about him lol. Really should of pushed the fullbacks up in line with the midfielders but fuck it canna be arsed now.

453199_Chelsea.jpg

True but if the players offer lots of off the ball movements to drag opposition players out of position, then it can work. Ancelotti used it to great effect in his time here especially in the first season.

Good point, but the players Carlo used (Malouda, Cole, Kalou) had a natural tendency to go wide. Don't think our current players have that.

Good point, but the players Carlo used (Malouda, Cole, Kalou) had a natural tendency to go wide. Don't think our current players have that.

True. Can only see Hazard doing that though they don't necessarily have to go just wide to drag players out of position. Even making the diagonal or horizontal ones is useful in creating space space for others to run into or exploit.

True. Can only see Hazard doing that though they don't necessarily have to go just wide to drag players out of position. Even making the diagonal or horizontal ones is useful in creating space space for others to run into or exploit.

the problem of stretching the game wide is that we will have very few options in the middle. torres will be marked while Mata will hardly challenge in the air. so the winger's options reduce. in other teams there are midfielders driving into the box to support the attackers. if we are to adapt a winger's tactic then we can't do it with a deep double pivot.

the problem of stretching the game wide is that we will have very few options in the middle. torres will be marked while Mata will hardly challenge in the air. so the winger's options reduce. in other teams there are midfielders driving into the box to support the attackers. if we are to adapt a winger's tactic then we can't do it with a deep double pivot.

IF that is the case, then can't the CAM comes into the attacking third if the winger is having the ball and looking to cross it in? Adding to that, depending on which side of the winger is having the ball and attacking, the opposite FB can always look join in somewhere at the far post perhaps without the need to worry about leaving his position exposed given that we play with a double pivot.

I heard people were starting to get annoyed how every thread is starting to become endless lists of starting lineups whenever we were linked to a new player, so thought we could have a dedicated thread to possible lineups and strategies, no matter how different they may be, or whether they are just a thought, and can have whatever players we are linked to or have.

Already a thread I made some time ago for the same reason ;)

Merged.

Quick and Simple

Mikel plays better with another Defensive Midfielder, Romeu is better the solo role.

Mata is better wide than central IMO from his time here and at Valencia.

What i would start with

-------Torres---------

Mata----------Hazard

---Oscar--Ramires---

-------Romeu----------

A.Cole----------Ivanovic

-----Terry----Luiz------

----------Cech------------

if we get oscar it seems the drem from jovetic/hulk/rw dies. i dont us buying anymore attacking player only the rb which may spell some problems. a RW was neeeded and we bought a st (torres/lukaku) and cm in oscar. im not for him and dont think he is vital for he takes up lamps playing time aswell as a promotion to kdb who could play cm and not commadn the starting place like oscar. but who cares it seems we're in for him so i did my best including him.

i feel horrible almost gona cry but this is what RDM will prob do if we get him .......no rambo :cry: .

453281_Chelsea.jpg

subs:danny, rambo, marin, bertrand, cahill, new rb, romeu

There are two options really. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3. Both formations I used the same starting eleven, cause I think those are our best 11 and should be starting. Now preseason is where RDM tries these 11 in both these formations and see what works best. In the 4-3-3 the midfield 3 all play in their best positions, but the front 3 not necessarily. In the 4-2-3-1, mid seems fine and so does the attack imo, maybe Ramires isn't the best RW in the world, but I think he's good enough there and I will always have him on the team sheet cause he's such a dynamic player.

4-2-3-1

453394_Chelsea.jpg

4-3-3

453388_Chelsea.jpg

Really liked Italy's 3-5-2 formation in the Euros tbh, unsure if RDM will ever use it but it could work maybe... also find it odd how Sturridge hasn't been included in a few of these, seems like people have forgotten about him lol. Really should of pushed the fullbacks up in line with the midfielders but fuck it canna be arsed now.

453199_Chelsea.jpg

That has to be the worst formation i have ever seen.

That formation won Juve the Scudetto without a single defeat and got an average Italy side to the final of the Euros....just sayin'

But the Juve team is full of very, very, very hard workers and the team chemistry is phenomenal. The only team in Europe that gels better than Juve is Barcelona and that is saying a lot. I don't think Chels has the work rate of chemistry just yet, maybe one day but not today.

I've always like the idea of having 5 at the back and using David Luiz in the Libero role. It allows him to start attacks from the back and do his trademark amazing runs and dribbles up the pitch while remaining a bit more responsible at the back.

But the Juve team is full of very, very, very hard workers and the team chemistry is phenomenal. The only team in Europe that gels better than Juve is Barcelona and that is saying a lot. I don't think Chels has the work rate of chemistry just yet, maybe one day but not today.

True, but with almost every team now playing with a single striker, I think it is plausible to say that the next logical transformation in football formations is that teams start to use only three defenders.

Yeah i meant 4-3-2-1.

---------Cech----------

Ivan--Luiz--JT--Cole

Ramires-Mikel-Lamps/Oscar

----Mata-----Hazard-----

---------Torres------

Swap Mikel with Lampard and that looks great, while using Meireles as Lamps' backup

but what happens with sturridge? so much potential? lethal left foot!

Quick and Simple

Mikel plays better with another Defensive Midfielder, Romeu is better the solo role.

Mata is better wide than central IMO from his time here and at Valencia.

What i would start with

-------Torres---------

Mata----------Hazard

---Oscar--Ramires---

-------Romeu----------

A.Cole----------Ivanovic

-----Terry----Luiz------

----------Cech------------

tumblr_m6mancYrm71r3p0vko1_r1_250.gif