...............romeu

cole................................................hutchinson

bruma..............terry

courtois

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting a feeling that we're trying to be like Barcelona. Lots of nifty, quick, fast, skillful, classy, small players and lots of them. We really need another solid player like Essien/Ballack otherwise we could end up like Arsenal. I like the change, it's hugely exciting but i don't wanna see us get overpowered by teams like Stoke, Everton, Sunderland etc. Id rather us get Felaini than anyone else regarding the 'Double Pivot'.

amen to this.

The players in the formation were horrible. The formation I dont like much either. 4-1-3-2 is way better in that case

4-1-3-2 is suicidal, our midfield will be overrun by any decent enough team unless the attacking midfielders/wingers drop back constantly which I can't see them doing. 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 is probably the best formation for us tbh.

You do realise that if we would play possesion football or attacking football with players that can

keep the ball, there is no need for some realy strong defence. Our back four are fantastic, possibly best defence in the world (looking we kept Munchen and Barca almost scoreless).

Munchen, Barca play offensive football and there is not necesarry to have extra strong defence. Or you play ofensive or defensive. You cant do both. And after all there is also Mikel.

Its time to start thinking that 5 players who can defend excelent are enough if we want to play nice ofensive football.

When comes to harder opponents, Lampard plays aswell along Mikel and also Rambo. Both are good defensively too.

When comes to easier matches (about half of pl games, some group stage CL games, Carling, Fa cup games, club world cup games -i guess they are not that difficult) we should play with Oscar (kid will need at least 30 games this season; including sub apperances if he wants to evolve), Marin, kdb,...

One CDM is enough, with attacking style football we must have enough attacking-gifted players.

you lads don't see what is happenng here? you really don't.

PEP @ barca used alot of midfielders........god help RDM hope he wins us another cl before we get pep in charge.

Carlos Alberto Parreira played a 4-6-0 formation with Brazil, does that means he's going to be our new manager too?

Stop reading too much into things that aren't necessarily there.

you lads don't see what is happenng here? you really don't.

PEP @ barca used alot of midfielders........god help RDM hope he wins us another cl before we get pep in charge.

You know what else needs a lot of midfielders?

A 5 man midfield that will probably have the longest season we have had with more games than ever, and a torres that needs as much support in behind.

Well with Hazard being good as he is, the big problem will now be is weather Hazard plays behind the strikers taking Mata position, and Mata moving to the wing?

Mata was not really that good when he played in the wing.....

Then what happens with Marin? Does he play LW or RW?

And where do we put Ramires?

Well with Hazard being good as he is, the big problem will now be is weather Hazard plays behind the strikers taking Mata position, and Mata moving to the wing?

I'm not really worried about who of Mata and Hazard plays CAM. Both of them can excel in both positions and can interchange during games. And yes, Mata was really that good when he played LW mate, he was still by far our best player.

If Marin is comfortable at RW I would love to see a combination of Mata - Hazard - Marin. Marin wouldn't be restricted to have no other option than cutting in, Mata providing those perfect passes and Hazard simply destroying the other team anywhere on the field, drifting around the oppositions half.

somebody please answer him, im dying to know about Ramires and Marin too

You do realise that if we would play possesion football or attacking football with players that can

keep the ball, there is no need for some realy strong defence. Our back four are fantastic, possibly best defence in the world (looking we kept Munchen and Barca almost scoreless).

Munchen, Barca play offensive football and there is not necesarry to have extra strong defence. Or you play ofensive or defensive. You cant do both. And after all there is also Mikel.

Its time to start thinking that 5 players who can defend excelent are enough if we want to play nice ofensive football.

When comes to harder opponents, Lampard plays aswell along Mikel and also Rambo. Both are good defensively too.

When comes to easier matches (about half of pl games, some group stage CL games, Carling, Fa cup games, club world cup games -i guess they are not that difficult) we should play with Oscar (kid will need at least 30 games this season; including sub apperances if he wants to evolve), Marin, kdb,...

One CDM is enough, with attacking style football we must have enough attacking-gifted players.

one question!

Has any team in the world ever played possession football in its defensive half? i notice barce you use the ball to keep pushing up but will it work if just keep it in our own half?

Formation: 4-2-3-1.

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Marin

McEachran - Mikel

Bertrand - Chalobah - Luiz - Kane

Blackman

People are nuts leaving out Ramires!

That line up looks good, though I would have to say Courtois would be my preferred Goalkeeper and I also agree with Justin and would take that lazy, lack-luster Mikel out and place Ramires next to Joshy. Ramires doesn't have the passing game Mikel has but his determination and drive is second to none and it puts Mikel to shame. Josh is such a class act and will make that position his own with time to come.

mata was quite good at LW, but he was pretty isolated the whole season tryin to conjure up something. with hazard coming in he will get that support and i can seriosuly see torres scoring a no. of tap-ins. as for who plays where, mata central, hazard LW simply because mata lacks that pace that hazard has and also because to get a know hom of the physicality of epl, hazard will start as LW.

another thing that hazard's inclusion has done is, it will make us a predominantly left sided attack, hence to balance it (as the holdings would have to get a lot more leftish to cover for mata n hazard), we ll have to keep a good defensive RW and ramires fits it perfectly.