Future Chelsea team

Jose M

People are leaving ramires out for 1 simple reason... We have players who look like they are better wingers... i.e. Marin, and there are people that are better in those 2 DM roles, i.e. Lampard etc. Ramores is the best box to box player we have though in a 4-2-3-1 we can't really have a box to box CM unless the DM he plays next to is unbelievably good... I.e. Makelele esk. And whilst Mikel is improving he is not good enough to hold on his own while we have 5 attacking players ahead of him, as we would be done on the break a lot.

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well after posting what could be our future team, I'll post what would be a perfect future team for me.

Torres

Mata - Cork - Hazard

McEachran - Ramires

Bertrand - Luiz - Hutch - Kane

Blackman

Cork, McEachran, Hutch, Kane & Blackman are from our academy; 5 in total. That'd be a dream come true.

Well after posting what could be our future team, I'll post what would be a perfect future team for me.

Torres

Mata - Cork - Hazard

McEachran - Ramires

Bertrand - Luiz - Hutch - Kane

Blackman

Cork, McEachran, Hutch, Kane & Blackman are from our academy; 5 in total. That'd be a dream come true.

you dont mean Jack Cork do you?? he plays for Southampton now!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't think of a better thread to post this in, so here goes. I was impressed with Mancini's choice of tactics today against us. Over the pre-season Man City seem to have adapted to a new 3-4-1-2 (or 3-4-2-1, whatever the way you want to look at it) formation, which is actually quite common in Italian football and Mancini as an Italian manager seems to like it too. Juventus used it to go through the whole season unbeaten in the Serie A when they won their first title in a long time this year and Napoli have played some really nice football too under Walter Mazzarri. I was looking at how Man City lined up using that formation and I realized how it could suit our players nicely too and maybe Di Matteo could sometimes try it because he must surely have the knowledge, being Italian and all. Looking at our recent performances with the 4-2-3-1, it couldn't really hurt to try something else sometime, now could it?

For example something like this:

484171_Chelsea.jpg

It's pretty solid at the back with three centre backs and also the two wing-backs providing cover whenever needed. Ramires, in my opinion could thrive in that right wing-back spot, or at least be far more effective than in any of the positions available to him in the 4-2-3-1 we've used under RDM. Having played as a winger for quite some time during his youth career and being occasionally used in midfield with Chelsea too, I could see Bertrand doing a great job there too.

Whoever two would be playing behind the striker (or one if there were to be two strikers, like with Man City today) would be given free roles to roam around the pitch and create chaos. Players like Mata, Hazard, Marin and probably Oscar too are all more than capable of drifting out wide too so they could provide width if the wing-backs sometimes wouldn't be enough by themselves or if they would have to provide help for the back three more than usual.

Only problem with this formation, is of course the central midfield but that is nothing new to our team and the problem is possibly even worse with the 4-2-3-1 we're currently playing with. Teams like Man City and Juventus have very strong midfields and that's something we can't match at the moment, so that's a big stumbling block.

I'm not expecting Di Matteo to even consider playing something like this and with the rumoured additions of Victor Moses and other players not suiting that kind of a formation it's not looking likely but just some food for thought. :)

@, yeah 3 at the back is phenomal idea but if my history serves me right nobody has done that especially in EPL for a whole season, but i dont see why we cant be the first. the only problem of course is wingers and today mancity had like 5 defenders plus the goalie that 6. so if it wasnt for that red we definately would have had them in check.

for me futrue chelsea team has no lamps, JT, cole, torres, mierles, essien. untill then its hard fo rme to really come up with good one.

Impossible to judge what our future team will be, most of the teams i have seen on this thread are on the assumption we don't make any signing's between now and whenever the predicted team is, which just isn't going to happen.

• 2 weeks later...

----------------Blackman/Courtis-----------------------

Azi/Kane----Chalobah/Luiz----Hutchinson----Ryan

-----------------------Romeu/Josh-----------------------

Moses/Oscar-------------------------------------Mata-

------------------------Hazard/Marin--------------------

--------Sturridge/Piazon----------Lukaku-------------