AVB out? seriously?

Tomo

This is not a bad idea.

Im just wondering how long will the portuguese survive. After Valencia, City, Newcastle...in January, in December ?

That's just what i'm thinking, i hope we don't get into the next round in CL, but then AVB will get sacked.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiddink can stay here for at least 4 years. AVB is not good enough to stay that long.

Maybe you should judge him when he has had enough time to build his own squad

That's just what i'm thinking, i hope we don't get into the next round in CL, but then AVB will get sacked.

You hope we don't?

"Anxious Chelsea fans are affecting the players...." post-match from AVB.

I think he means, silent Chelsea fans that cannot stay for the full 90 minutes. A bit of decent support wouldn't go a miss.

Maybe you should judge him when he has had enough time to build his own squad

You hope we don't?

I think he means, silent Chelsea fans that cannot stay for the full 90 minutes. A bit of decent support wouldn't go a miss.

Sorry i forgot to explain it, i explained why earlier but yeah people might not of seen it. However yes i don't want us too, i've never ever said that, but the reason why is because i think we will get humiliated, and with our luck we will get barcelona, just imagine what they would do to us?, because we can only come 2nd at most, and we will end up getting a very good team.

Sorry i forgot to explain it, i explained why earlier but yeah people might not of seen it. However yes i don't want us too, i've never ever said that, but the reason why is because i think we will get humiliated, and with our luck we will get barcelona, just imagine what they would do to us?, because we can only come 2nd at most, and we will end up getting a very good team.

Fair point. I don't think Europa league would be a disaster for us, at the end of the day there's still a trophy to win there, if we did fail to qualify & won the europa league, this is something to build on.

I will back him, but he has to take some of the blaime for deciding that the old guard still had a place in the team and not try and give much needed changes to the squad. Having the same old guard that think they still have untouchable status because of Jose are a major cause of the problem in my opinion.

Fair point. I don't think Europa league would be a disaster for us, at the end of the day there's still a trophy to win there, if we did fail to qualify & won the europa league, this is something to build on.

It would be nice to get a European trophy at least. Only bad thing about losing to Valencia is, it will be a sacking for AVB, no way will Roman put up with that, i'm still doubting if Roman is even going to give AVB another chance if he doesn't win a trophy this season.

It would be nice to get a European trophy at least. Only bad thing about losing to Valencia is, it will be a sacking for AVB, no way will Roman put up with that, i'm still doubting if Roman is even going to give AVB another chance if he doesn't win a trophy this season.

The way Roman has behaved with previous managers this is looking the most likely outcome, AVB sacked, Hiddink brought in, season saved in some way. I don't believe he'll remain patient with AVB. As much as I'd like him to, another manager sacked & we become even more of a laughing stock with our rivals.

If Hiddink comes back, expect to see Drogba change his mind and get a one year extention, Lampard getting a new five year contract and again the old guard still the dominate force. They will improve for a little while, then play shit and not care. Manager gets sacked and the cycle will continue. The fans will still forgive the players and beg for them to stay and it will never end.

The way Roman has behaved with previous managers this is looking the most likely outcome, AVB sacked, Hiddink brought in, season saved in some way. I don't believe he'll remain patient with AVB. As much as I'd like him to, another manager sacked & we become even more of a laughing stock with our rivals.

It's a big shame too, because AVB doesn't have the right squad for the football he doesn't want to play, it's evident. I don't think it's his fault. Where as Carlo last season, played the same players out of form constantly and couldn't motivate them the slightest, they played like they didn't give a shit. Malouda was constantly getting played when Zhirkov was more effective than him. Where this season the players are older, what do you expect, there not exactly going to get better, it's beyond me why first team players wernt bought at the begining of the season.

It would be nice if he gets rid of the high defensive line too.

Doesn't look like its going to happen, considering how he defends it to death in every interview...

But you have to admit, the players can definitely take more care. They know that this type of tactic requires them to be alert for the entire 90 mins, but yet again the same kind of mistakes...especially for the first goal

Bertrand (who was largely faultless for the rest of the match) switches off and allows Bellamy to get behind him, Luiz plays him onside, and Alex was nowhere near Maxi when the guy arrives for Bellamy's cross.

Yes lets sack him, sack him and let the underperforming players get yet another chance and a new contract while the new manager "asseses" them.

Infact lets bring back Scolari :wank2:

Tominho, our squad is not good enough to match european giants or to match City and United in domestic season, but we both know this squad can do a lot better than its actually doing.

You might say you want VB staying because a lot of reasons, but suggesting he has nothing to do with our corrent form and bad results is not a wise move.

Tominho, our squad is not good enough to match european giants or to match City and United in domestic season, but we both know this squad can do a lot better than its actually doing.

You might say you want VB staying because a lot of reasons, but suggesting he has nothing to do with our corrent form and bad results is not a wise move.

He's made a few mistakes granted but are we honestly in a worse position than last year? last year we looked finished atleast this time we have young players the likes of Mata, Danny, Luiz and co around.

All sacking him will do is give the oldies another chance, and while Hiddink coming back will probally give us the short term invincibility factor it did last time, we will end up in even bigger shit couple of years down the line when Malouda and co will be given "another chance" after yet again shining under Hiddink.

We can't keep sacking gaffers especially without letting them chop the deadwood and bringing in his own players first, if AVB is still struggling after that then question him but for now we need to stand by him IMHO.

He's made a few mistakes granted but are we honestly in a worse position than last year? last year we looked finished atleast this time we have young players the likes of Mata, Danny, Luiz and co around.

All sacking him will do is give the oldies another chance, and while Hiddink coming back will probally give us the short term invincibility factor it did last time, we will end up in even bigger shit couple of years down the line when Malouda and co will be given "another chance" after yet again shining under Hiddink.

We can't keep sacking gaffers especially without letting them chop the deadwood and bringing in his own players first, if AVB is still struggling after that then question him but for now we need to stand by him IMHO.

IMO Villas Boas is not the right man for a new era. He doesnt look a guy that know a lot of things about the game.