Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Also this "Anything over £20m and it'd be money wasted IMO", considering how much we paid for Lukaku and Torres, i totally disagree.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Lewandowski isn't worth £20m+ IMO.

We shouldn't have paid £50m for Torres, and Lukaku shouldn't have been £18m either.

They've both now got unnecessary pressure on them, as they're both expected to produce something great to represent the outlay CFC have made on them. Personally I only want CFC to spend more than £20m-£30m on players that will have a great impact or potentially have great impact on the team.

He's definitely an old school striker: physically gifted, single-minded, has an energy rate that is an absolute nuisance for defenders, and most of all he's clinical/no-nonsense in front of goal.

What I enjoy about watching him though is that for a big guy, he has impeccable control of the ball. He can take the ball from a difficult position and make it an easy position to make an accurate attempt on goal. Quality striker this lad, I'd love to see him here.

Basically what I'm trying to say is that Lewandowski isn't worth £20m+ IMO.

We shouldn't have paid £50m for Torres, and Lukaku shouldn't have been £18m either.

They've both now got unnecessary pressure on them, as they're both expected to produce something great to represent the outlay CFC have made on them. Personally I only want CFC to spend more than £20m-£30m on players that will have a great impact or potentially have great impact on the team.

So why do you think Lewy won't have a great impact on the team? a striker capable of keeping Torres on the bench and scoring 20+ goals??

In my opinion, Lewandowski is too good to be backup striker. But fuck it, we're European Champions! B)

For now. Lewandowski is only 23 and Torres is already 28. In 2-3 years time, we will be shipping him out already or maybe, we might even ship him out in a year's time!

For now. Lewandowski is only 23 and Torres is already 28. In 2-3 years time, we will be shipping him out already or maybe, we might even ship him out in a year's time!

I just wanted to say that the fact that we would have German champion's main striker on the bench shows how strong our team and competition in it is.

Lewandowski is good young talented striker but I think he wouldn't want to seat on the bench tbh. Young players needs a lot of play time to develop their abillities properly. He wouldn't be cheap too.

So why do you think Lewy won't have a great impact on the team? a striker capable of keeping Torres on the bench and scoring 20+ goals??

Because any decent striker would've scored 20+ goals in that Dortmund team.

He's a decent player but he doesn't warrant a £25m-£30m transfer IMO.

Because any decent striker would've scored 20+ goals in that Dortmund team.

He's a decent player but he doesn't warrant a £25m-£30m transfer IMO.

So will that be your same reasoning, if we were linked to Mario Gomez or Higuian?

No any decent striker can't, you need a good striker to convert chances the other players in the team create.

And that is what Lewandowski, and the 2 aforementioned players do very well.

We can do with a player like that atm, not overly expensive, probably won't get ridiculous wages either, just comes in and does his job.

So will that be your same reasoning, if we were linked to Mario Gomez or Higuian?

No any decent striker can't, you need a good striker to convert chances the other players in the team create.

And that is what Lewandowski, and the 2 aforementioned players do very well.

We can do with a player like that atm, not overly expensive, probably won't get ridiculous wages either, just comes in and does his job.

No, because I don't think Lewandowski is on Gomez's or Higuain's level.

Saying that, Lewandowski is too good to come here and be some sort of second choice striker. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't spend £25m+ on a player who isn't going to be our first choice striker.

Torres has the capability to score chances that will be created for him inevitably with the team we're building. So does Sturridge.

If he didn't cost more than £20m then fair enough, but anything above that is overpriced for anyone's who's not going to add anything different to the team.

It's money wasted as I'd rather have other areas in the team completed first.

No, because I don't think Lewandowski is on Gomez's or Higuain's level.

Saying that, Lewandowski is too good to come here and be some sort of second choice striker. The point I'm trying to make is that we shouldn't spend £25m+ on a player who isn't going to be our first choice striker.

Torres has the capability to score chances that will be created for him inevitably with the team we're building. So does Sturridge.

If he didn't cost more than £20m then fair enough, but anything above that is overpriced for anyone's who's not going to add anything different to the team.

It's money wasted as I'd rather have other areas in the team completed first.

I agree Lewandowski is not at their level (yet) but that reason you gave for him scoring a lot of goals for Dortmund could be applied to many other top strikers.

Anyway who said he's not going to be first choice? he's certainly good enough to be one.

At Dortmund he started out as second choice to Barrios but eventually fought him off and became a regular starter this past season.

And finally, yes Torres can convert some chances, but i still think we need another striker. And someone not 40m expensive (plus 200k wages)

he is a very good striker if he join us torres and storidge & maybe hulk will be a reserve

torres no good enough we need other striker like lewandowski or hulk but hulk 26 and lewandowski 23 so he is better for long time

It won't be Hulk and Lewandowski, it will be one of them only I am sure. I have doubts about Torres but even if we buy another striker, I still think Torres will start as the no.1 striker to prove himself and he looked quite sharp in the Euros. Also you are being too cautious about the age factor. Even if Hulk joined, 26 is a good age to see out some good years at the club. Just look at Drogba for instance, but like you I would like to see Lewandowski here

It won't be Hulk and Lewandowski, it will be one of them only I am sure. I have doubts about Torres but even if we buy another striker, I still think Torres will start as the no.1 striker to prove himself and he looked quite sharp in the Euros. Also you are being too cautious about the age factor. Even if Hulk joined, 26 is a good age to see out some good years at the club. Just look at Drogba for instance, but like you I would like to see Lewandowski here

I don't think it will be Hulk, and the fact there isn't much news about lewandowski makes me think it might not be him either... Could be an example of where we scurry around towards the end of the season trying to find a third striker.

I don't think it will be Hulk, and the fact there isn't much news about lewandowski makes me think it might not be him either... Could be an example of where we scurry around towards the end of the season trying to find a third striker.

I also get the feeling Lewandowski will not move to us as I am sure he will only move to a big club where he is guaranteed first team football. I wouldnt mind Adebayor though even though I am 99% we will not get him but we can get him on the cheap but I really rate him. I wouldnt mind Dembele as a makeshit CF/CM as well

I also get the feeling Lewandowski will not move to us as I am sure he will only move to a big club where he is guaranteed first team football. I wouldnt mind Adebayor though even though I am 99% we will not get him but we can get him on the cheap but I really rate him. I wouldnt mind Dembele as a makeshit CF/CM as well

More belgiums lol... Don't particularly want adebayor, as others have stated in other threads someone like Dzecko would make for a good 2nd choice striker, though i doubt he would be sold for cheap, or Demba Ba, which i have said many times, though doesn't look like its even on our raydar... Could even be Moses, if we can agree, or more specifically Whelan can agree and not be a dick...

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You