Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

Nope, I think there will be better options out there. If we're going to spend a lot on a forward, let's not spend it Lewandowski.

He's decent but not really close to Falcao's level. Wouldn't spend £30m or so on him.

Would you take Lewandowski say IF we can't get Falcao?

Definitely. There are not many good strikers out there available for us.

Nope, I think there will be better options out there. If we're going to spend a lot on a forward, let's not spend it Lewandowski.

He's decent but not really close to Falcao's level. Wouldn't spend £30m or so on him.

He wouldn't cost 30m, he will cost 25m or lower. He's 24 and a very good player, that's pretty good value for him.

Falcao is obviously everyone's first choice, but he will cost 50m+ and if we can't get him, Lewandowski is not a bad replacement at all.

Who would you suggest then?

Messi. I mean Villa or Cavani.

Like those last 2 are gonna come cheap. And besides, Villa is already into his 30s. Still class but don't think that falls in line with our policy of buying young and upcoming talents.

Who would you suggest then?

Well, personally I don't think we really need a striker per sé, especially if Lukaku performs well at WBA and comes back to challenge.

But, if we were to spend quite big on a striker I'd rather Llorente or maybe even Loic Remy than Lewandowski.

Like those last 2 are gonna come cheap. And besides, Villa is already into his 30s. Still class but don't think that falls in line with our policy of buying young and upcoming talents.

I didn't say anything about them being cheap.

I didn't say anything about them being cheap.

Not that again...

Well, personally I don't think we really need a striker per sé, especially if Lukaku performs well at WBA and comes back to challenge.

But, if we were to spend quite big on a striker I'd rather Llorente or maybe even Loic Remy than Lewandowski.

Decent choices. Llorente's contract is expiring next summer and Remy is versatile, can play at ST or out wide though he has a bit of a heart problem.

I hope we will also buy some more experienced players too. Around 27-30 yrs. I dont mean some ageing players who have everything past them, but players like De Rossi, Toure,...still can offer lot and are very important on big matches. I dont want us to become Arsenal 2.0 with more young player buys.

35 million is a big price, he's one of them strikers who you can consider as a gamble though, i think he would be worth 35 million mind but i could be wrong also.

Like for example you buy Falcao or Cavani you know they will be good, because they just have that much quality. Torres - 50 million, Torres was amazing but he was very poor before we bought him it has to be said and he suffered many injuries.

Lewandowski, i'll be honest i would rather get someone like Loic Remy, he is more than likely not going to be as good as Lewandowski but the money is much much cheaper and i think it's a much safer way. Like i wouldn't class Lewandowski in the same class as Cavani or Falcao, there just buys where you know they will be good, well at least 95 percent chance. As for Lewandowski he's a gamble, and 35 million is a lot of money.

i would have took Lewandowski in a heartbeat this summer once Lukaku`s loan had been agreed...

i`ll reserve judgement till the next transfer window on if we should sign him then or not.or any other striker for that matter..if we had to decide today,i`d say we should sign no CF in the winter window,but we`ll see when it comes..lots can change in the time between now and then.

• 1 month later...

This is the guy who i want leading the line for us next season! such a good all round striker who is still very young and could be unstoppable with Mazacar behind him. I think we will sign someone like Demba Ba, Bony or Jovetic in January then go for Neymar, Lewandowski or Falcao in the summer. Neymar isn't very realistic so Lewandowski would be my 1st choice.

Lewan's neither very clinical nor very quick but what he really excels at is bringing those around him into the game. Holds the ball up very, very well and is just the kind of guy upfront you want if you're looking to support him with midfield runners. He can convert rubbish defensive clearances into opportunities at the other end by making the ball stick to his feet till the cavalry arrives or flick it on to send someone clear on goal.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You