Robert Lewandowski

NiclasCFC

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1220173/dortmund%27s-lewandowski-could-be-sold-in-the-summer?cc=4716

Borussia Dortmund are no longer ruling out the departure of €25 million-rated forward Robert Lewandowski at the end of the season, CEO Aki Watzke has told Spiegel online.

Lewandowski, 24, is under contract until 2014 - meaning Borussia would need to sell him in the summer in order to bring in a large transfer fee. He is attracting interest from clubs including Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Manchester United and Manchester City.

Contract talks with the Poland international have been on a hold for some time, and he is reported to be eyeing a move away from the German champions.

"If Robert does not extended his contract, we will proceed as always," Watzke said. "Us three [coach Jurgen Klopp, general manager Michael Zorc and Watzke] will sit down together and discuss what to do next. The result is totally open."

He said Dortmund's aim remained to extend Lewandowski's deal but that if contract talks failed the club would look to cash in. Dortmund signed him from Lech Posen in 2010 after lengthy negotiations.

Earlier, Dortmund had ruled out the possibility of a move away for Lewandowski, saying they would rather keep him for the last year of his contract and then let him go on a free transfer.

After Borussia's mid-week 2-2 Champions League draw against Real Madrid, in which Lewandowski set up both Borussia goals, Real boss Jose Mourinho told reporters: "Lewandowski is a very ,very good player. And he is nearing the end of his contract."

We're not linked with him. Rumors saying he is closest to Juve.

He has a preference of playing in the Premier League and there will no short of suitors for him come next summer. Juventus are probably more likely to go for Llorente given that his contract at Bilbao expires next summer.

He has a preference of playing in the Premier League and there will no short of suitors for him come next summer. Juventus are probably more likely to go for Llorente given that his contract at Bilbao expires next summer.

If he has a preference to play EPL football, then we should have a good chance of signing him considering both United & City have 3-4 first team strikers, Wenger won't spend 25 million & Spurs don't really need a striker with Defoe in the form of his life.

When did he say that?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2175775/Manchester-United-target-Robert-Lewandowski-wants-Premier-League-move.html

'This (the Premier League) is a league that I would like to play in, and I hope it happens sometime. Although I am happy at Dortmund I always like to aspire to greater heights,' Lewandowski said to Polish television station TVP.

The way I see it, Robert would be an ideal player for us. He can work well with out players in the build up but he can also act as a true number 9 with his rather good finishing. I would be really happy if we signed him and I wouldn't be surprised at all if we went for him. He is only 24.

By far, Robert would be the best deal in financial aspects. Cavani and Falcao would be a risk for their price and it wouldn't be easy for them to fit that price tag (like Torres). Still, Lewandowski is still a world class striker in the making and he won't do any wonders in a short time, but if we give him his time and let him develop, he could surely be a top player. Robert is a great teamplayer and doesn't just score goals, but also can create them. 7 goals and 4 assists in 15 games this season in all competitions are a strong number. Torres has 5 goals in 16 games for us this season, so the facts support Robert but that isn't such a big surprise..

I get the feeling he'd need the same morale support and need the team to specifically suit him like Torres does.

Could be true, but I think the attacking playing style of Borussia Dortmund with Götze, Reus and Kuba are pretty similar in their style of playing like our big three.

I get the feeling he'd need the same morale support and need the team to specifically suit him like Torres does.

No doubt he needs morale support(as any other player need too) but I don't think it will be to that extent we're giving Torres now where we almost have to cater everything to his liking and pamper him!

Instead of signing a player who could become a worldclass striker we could actually give Sturridge the chance to become our own worldclass striker. If we want to sign someone new, sell Torres and go for Cavani, a striker who has already shown that he's worldclass.

Instead of signing a player who could become a worldclass striker we could actually give Sturridge the chance to become our own worldclass striker. If we want to sign someone new, sell Torres and go for Cavani, a striker who has already shown that he's worldclass.

People don't have the patience for Danny, they've already written him off after aroun 150 mins of football - but like you said... We'd have to sell Torres before bringing in another striker of his supposed calibre.

I'd love a strike force next season of Cavani - Sturridge - Lukaku or even Jovetic - Sturridge - Lukaku or Falcao perhaps. I think that's enough.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You