Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

Yeah :lol:

After the game against United, we were keen to enthrone him as our king, our salvator, etc... And now we only want to play him against weak oppositions and out of position...

The very few reckless tackles he made are "the tree hiding the forest" (I don't know if this expression is correct in english.).

Just seems a case of going in without thinking.He doesnt go in with menace or whatever or in a 'sod the ball I'll break your leg sorta way'..just had soild game then the random mental moment but Mikel was like that at one point and calmed down sure be the same.And he doesnt make them all the time and sure AVB picked up about it on Tues so can sort it..but as a player he is to good to waste

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His recklessness isn't overstated at all. I can think of the last minute penalty to Fulham, stupid challenges at SB, needless yellow cards and the mistake at OT just off the top of my head.I like him a lot but there's still room for improvement, which is a good thing considering how good he already is.

I'd be more than happy to see the same starting line-up that was put out against Leverkusen.

Obviously a victory would be preferable but I can see this game ending in a draw. I also don't like to compare our chances to that of Arsenal or Tottenham as we're a vastly superior outfit. instead I like to dwell on more positive comparisons like our similar results against West Brom. There's no reason why we can't beat United on Sunday but the same can be said of them about us. Looking forward to what will hopefully be a brilliant game and a nice win, fingers crossed.

It would be nice to shut them lot and the media up to be honest. Not that that would happen even if we came away 9-0 winners.

Even if he was fit, AVB would never start him against UNITED of all teams. :rolleyes:

I would be happy for 15 - 20 minutes. Just to see DD beat some of manure's defenders a bit. I guess AVB will be force to release the Beast named Lukaku. Love to see him knock some disunited heads.

His recklessness isn't overstated at all. I can think of the last minute penalty to Fulham, stupid challenges at SB, needless yellow cards and the mistake at OT just off the top of my head.I like him a lot but there's still room for improvement, which is a good thing considering how good he already is.

The fullham penalty was not even a pen, the much malinged Smalling on Zhirkov challenge was more on a pen than that, not that the pro Northwest media would agree.

The mistake at OT was not all his fault, Alex has made worse mistakes against lesser opposition since yet no-one picks up on that.

Guest justin_3d

Villas-Boas must help Chelsea evolve

By: Paul Parker

Andre Villas-Boas has certainly got off to a decent start as Chelsea manager. While the two Manchester clubs have been grabbing all the headlines with various demolition jobs, the Blues have snuck quietly under the radar.

While they have not matched United and City in terms of thrills, they are still for the most part getting the results. Indeed, they were the only British side to win in Europe this week, and would be level on points at the top of the Premier League were it not for that opening-day draw at Stoke.

But the trip to Old Trafford will undoubtedly be the biggest test of his career in England so far, and Villas-Boas has to be decisive. Will he put a great show of faith in Daniel Sturridge and start him or stick with Fernando Torres? Does he have the courage in his convictions to drop Frank Lampard for the second game in a row?

Although Torres is not the same player who once terrorised United, he should still have enough experience to keep his place ahead of the younger, quicker Sturridge. But Chelsea do need some degree of pace in their team if they are going to try and get something away to the champions, and that could mean Lampard making way for Raul Meireles. The new signing from Liverpool is not exactly the quickest himself, but to play with Lampard at this stage of his career is to accept that your midfield will lack energy and pace.

Villas-Boas has already shown he can make big decisions as and when he sees fit, such as when he substituted Salomon Kalou against West Brom after just 35 minutes, or when he has benched Torres and Lampard.

Omitting those two stars was down to resting them for the subsequent games, but he needs to start reshaping this Chelsea team sooner or later.

The Porto team he guided to such great success last season was a joy to behold, full of speed and attacking intent. It will not be possible for him to make that happen overnight at Stamford Bridge, but it is surely why Roman Abramovich pushed so hard to get him. It would be odd for the Russian to pay such a huge amount of money in compensation for a manager if he is not going to let him do things his way. What is the point in spending £13.5 million if he just wants a puppet in the dugout for him to manipulate?

No Chelsea manager has deviated too far away from the template laid down by Jose Mourinho, and for good reason. It has brought in a certain amount of success since his departure, just not as much as Abramovich would have liked given the resources he has pumped into the club.

That is why Villas-Boas is here, to bring the trophies to the club but also to win them in the right way. There must only be so long the club's benefactor can keep patience with watching his obscenely expensive team grind out efficient victories, especially when he looks at the amazing transformation in Manchester City since the start of the season.

As I said earlier in the week, it is far too early to write the title race off as an all-Manchester affair. Chelsea will still have a big say in the destination of the trophy this season. But it looks like they will gradually get left behind if they fail to evolve.

Villas-Boas must help Chelsea evolve

By: Paul Parker

Andre Villas-Boas has certainly got off to a decent start as Chelsea manager. While the two Manchester clubs have been grabbing all the headlines with various demolition jobs, the Blues have snuck quietly under the radar.

While they have not matched United and City in terms of thrills, they are still for the most part getting the results. Indeed, they were the only British side to win in Europe this week, and would be level on points at the top of the Premier League were it not for that opening-day draw at Stoke.

Hmm, I think Stoke are a decent side & there is no reason to hold our heads down for a draw in their pitch. It is starting to look like Stoke will finish in the top half of the table. I know, it's a long season.

That is why Villas-Boas is here, to bring the trophies to the club but also to win them in the right way. There must only be so long the club's benefactor can keep patience with watching his obscenely expensive team grind out efficient victories, especially when he looks at the amazing transformation in Manchester City since the start of the season.

As I said earlier in the week, it is far too early to write the title race off as an all-Manchester affair. Chelsea will still have a big say in the destination of the trophy this season. But it looks like they will gradually get left behind if they fail to evolve

Justin, you are sounding like a goonie in disguise
;)

I was reading red cafe and one of them said that they have evolved and we are still the same as last season.

Arrogance at it's best.

They have evolved lol!!!!!!!!! That just sounds really random....Rooney is no longer a monkey he has turned into a Man!! With some werid coloured hair!! And they're still all the little shits they were last season just with a few extra..and with Fergie talking to the BBC now..joy

They are really arrogant at the mo...okay they have reason to be and all but hopfully be brought back down to earth...by us!!!if not..next game!

Guest justin_3d

Hmm, I think Stoke are a decent side & there is no reason to hold our heads down for a draw in their pitch. It is starting to look like Stoke will finish in the top half of the table. I know, it's a long season.

Justin, you are sounding like a goonie in disguise
;)

96df9w.jpg

It's the same red manc scum with just Ashley young and a worse goalkeeper. We have more changes than them so this "we have evolved and Chelsea are the same" is just shit. Smalling and Jones are hardly near the level of a fully fit in form Rio n Vidic. It's ONLY Young!