Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

Good post, but there's no way Lampard has the defensive capabilities or positional discipline to play as a holding player

I disagree. I think Lamps is good at tackling. I wouldn't ask him to play a similar role or be that defensive. I want him to play there because I feel we need to take the game to United and I don't think trying to contain United and being defensive will be enough.

Obviously Mikel is far superior defensively.

I just think if Lampard played deeper and got more time on the ball, we would see an awesome range of passes from him.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I think Lamps is good at tackling. I wouldn't ask him to play a similar role or be that defensive. I want him to play there because I feel we need to take the game to United and I don't think trying to contain United and being defensive will be enough.

Obviously Mikel is far superior defensively.

I just think if Lampard played deeper and got more time on the ball, we would see an awesome range of passes from him.

Tbh, what would happen (if those 3 made up the midfield) is something like..

Miereles - Ramires

------Lampard

Tbh, what would happen (if those 3 made up the midfield) is something like..

Miereles - Ramires

------Lampard

Yeah, more than likely. I'm just saying what I would do.

Frank will have to get used to playing a more reserved role if he wants to prolong his career though.

I can not see united playing 4-4-2 against us like they did against Spurs and Arsenal. He will go with Carrick sitting with Anderson and Cleverly in front of him. He will then go with Rooney flanked by Nani and young. We will probably go with Anelka Torres and Mata upfront, Sturridge will be on the bench for this. Lampard Raul and Ramires will play in midfield.

The key player in this game for us is Ramires and this is why i think we will win this game. Ramires will completely cut Nani out of the game and then that will put too much pressure on Young and Anderson to provide for Rooney, Man utd at this point will malfunction. We will grow in confidence and we will score.. i think we will wi this 2-0 we might get third depending on how desperate united get.

I can not see united playing 4-4-2 against us like they did against Spurs and Arsenal. He will go with Carrick sitting with Anderson and Cleverly in front of him. He will then go with Rooney flanked by Nani and young. We will probably go with Anelka Torres and Mata upfront, Sturridge will be on the bench for this. Lampard Raul and Ramires will play in midfield.

The key player in this game for us is Ramires and this is why i think we will win this game. Ramires will completely cut Nani out of the game and then that will put too much pressure on Young and Anderson to provide for Rooney, Man utd at this point will malfunction. We will grow in confidence and we will score.. i think we will wi this 2-0 we might get third depending on how desperate united get.

Bold prediction! I like it.

I think Cleverly is injured.

Ivan - Luiz - JT - Cole

Bosingwa at RB against Utd just gives me the creeps. Too immature positionally and too vunerable to lapses in concentration. Ivan, while more solid than spectacular, will do his job and keep their winger in check. Having Sturridge ahead of him makes a difference as well, last season Anelka/Kalou kept straying in midfield and it increased Ivan's workload on the right. Also I'd imagine Ramires will be asked to help out the RB with defending, much like against Bale at WHL last season.

In the middle I'd go for Luiz regardless of whether Mikel plays. As much as I rate Alex, he's a little limited in what he brings to the table apart from bread and butter defending. He's been making some mistakes lately (Newcastle late last year, WBA this year) and isn't suited to the high line. His match fitness is a worry anyway. Even though Luiz is very capable of having a rush of blood to the head and ending up doing something silly, he's just as likely to make amends and make a telling contribution at the other end.

Like I said, if the coach gives him specific instructions he should do it. He did fine against Messi (with help from the CB's of course) at the Nuo camp.

I'll say it again, if one of their wingers is in a good nick, they could skin Bane with their pace. Yes Bosingwa, suffered from lapses of concentration last season, but he seems to have improved again this season. And I honestly feel he's better at dealing with fast players than Brana. His only problem is that he bombs forward whenever possible. He will definitely have to restrict himself more for this match

I think Cleverly is injured.

You're right actually, i think the possibility of them playing a 4-4-2 is real now as they don't have that many options as i don't think he can afford to start Carrick Anderson and Fletcher. I think he probably stick Chico upfront, Chelsea 3-1 Man utd !

So AVB has 4 midfielders to select for 3 positions - if we do play a 4.3.3. of course - Ramires, Meireles, Mikel and Lampard.

I would like to see the first 3 start, with Lamps coming off the bench!

Lamps is the best passer, shooter, and is the smartest of the 4. He's like a manager on the field too, keeps the side in good shape and coordinates play with and without the ball in ways that the other 3 can't. I don't think Meireles, Ramires, Mikel mid would be weak but its not as good without Lamps. If he gets tired he can be subbed off and ramires or meireles can be brought on.

I to think lampard should play this game at the expense of Mikel......I base this purely on the fact that it is at old Trafford. if you look at previous seasons of our games up there, the ref always gives fouls against Mikel that would not be given at the bridge....this inevitabely leads to yellow and red cards for him...

I think a midfeild 3 of Mierlies, Ramires and Lampard is good for this game...Ramires does the job of 2 players purely on his running and offers options both going forward and in the tackle. Mierlies should start in the holding role, starting attacks with his range of passing, he can come into the game later on - like he did providing the pass for Sturidges goal v Sunderland. Lampard has good experience of these games and he is physical and will ensure we wont be muscled out in midfield in Mikels absense, he also has good shooting ability and the eye for a pass..Although he slows the tempo of our play down he is required for this game.

I just dont wana see Fergie's red face on screen...or Rooneys...or any of theres!! Or the smugness of the Man U fans 'the title is our no one will beat us now;...yada yada and the way the press go on heck they've got their story ready for Monday a Chels win would fuck that right up.

Need to concentrate!! Not switch off espically at the end! Play the whole time not 90 mins and do random things