Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know why everyone thinks Anelka can play the CF role any better than Torres. IMO, Anelka has already adapted himself to the 2nd striker or winger role. I dont think giving him the CF role will do any good to our attack. He's the kind of player that now goes deep to look for balls from the midfield. just like Rooney does it. I think FT should be our CF with Anelka either taking from the start, the Sturridge position or coming on from the bench.

Very interesting. So Robbie D has never lost there as a player & coach???

Nope and the only 2 times United have blown a 2 goal lead at home this decade, Di Matteo was a player in one of them and a coach in the other.

So got to be something in that?

Uh, no. It's not nonsense. I just saw a commercial while watching MLB on FOX (the main FOX channel, not Fox Sports Net, not Fox Soccer). It said that it will be on FOX tomorrow. I'm just not sure if it's live. EDIT: Thanks, Super Frank.

My bad, I didn't realize you were talking about the main Fox network. I just assumed you were talkin' about FSC or Fox Soccer + ...Wow the EPL on mainstream tv :o I am in shock

True. He is more like a second striker, with a free role.

First off, did you interchange Terry and Luiz on purpose ?

Usually I like the 4-2-3-1 formation. But I do not think we have the adequate players to play in this formation.

It won't work with Ramires on the right wing. Because this position implies he will have to participate a lot in the attack, will have to cross et al. And we know this isn't this kind of player... Firstly because he hasn't the profil of a winger, secondly because - let's be honest - he hasn't got a good skill at all, his passing and touch are quite average... You'll tell me that he will have a more central and deep role than his position is suggesting, right ? If so, it won't work neither because the right back is Ivanovic, and he is a defensive right back, which means our right side will be blunted, and will provide a low danger to ManU.

Lampard is way to high on the pitch, in my honest opinion. He doesn't have neither the eye for the throught ball, nor is fast enough, nor has the pace, the agility and dribbling skill necessary to play there. Mata is the kind of player who could play there, not Lampard.

And as Eldo has mentioned it, Danni as a lone striker won't work. In my opnion, he is a second striker, who plays around a holding striker.

Mm, problem with not having an actual right-winger isn't it? :lol:

That hypothetical was based on a central-defence tactic more than an attacking one. It's a bit naiive of me, because United can be beaten with an attacking strategy instead of a defensive one, contrary to how they've been playing lately.

That's why 4-3-3 has probably been favoured by Ancelotti & Villas-Boas, because of our lack of right wingers. Instead of buying a pure winger, we've taken the policy of using 3 players down the side in hopes they can do the same job.

To your first question, yes I did. I'd rather see Luiz played to his strengths rather than Terry. Because I think Terry can play with his right foot - he's been trained too anyway. Luiz is purely left-footed and performs well playing that side of defence anyway.

As for Sturridge, yeah you & eldo are right about that.

Guest justin_3d

It's live on FSC but tape delayed for Fox Network. Depending on your market/city, it will either be before or after the NFL game. For example, in Washington DC, the Redskins are playing at 2 so the Chelsea game will be shown at 5 (or whenever the Redskins are done...usually by Week 8...).

Check TVGuide for your local schedule. Fox plans to show four games this season. The Chelsea-Liverpool game is on the cards and so is the United game at the bridge which is on Superbowl Sunday.

This is good stuff.

If i am not mistaking, i think the CL final was shown on Fox as well.

My bad, I didn't realize you were talking about the main Fox network. I just assumed you were talkin' about FSC or Fox Soccer + ...Wow the EPL on mainstream tv :o I am in shock

Yeah. I know a lot of people that told me, that if the MLS was like the EPL they probably be into soccer more.

Well the day of reckoning is upon us. My hopes are that we play with purpose, composure, and confidence. The past several matches against these clowns have seen us lacking in these areas. I am confident in our manager. I know that AVB and his staff have analyzed Manure thoroughly. He also has a plan B if this analysis does not fit what is occurring on the pitch. The new gaffer will not sit idly by with a look of blank bemusement that became all too common during the swan song of his predecessor. (I liked Carlo and appreciate what he did, but the end of his tenure was quite frustrating.)

Anyway, I'd be happy with a draw. My expectations remind me of something my old man used to say: "Anyone can be a success, as long as they set their goals low enough."

I hope you guys beat these jokers, for some reason this feels like the game Torres will score he knows how to fuck with the united backline, or atleast he did.
hope your mob do the yids over too, I'd be happy enough with 2 away wins today to be honest. COME ON CHELS

At least if worse comes to worse and we lose, it's only September and wont have any real impact like it did last year. We should go into this game with the pressure off a bit as all the talk as about them and City. A loss isn't a disaster but we can't afford to let the 2 manc sides run clear because they'll be very hard to chase down.

'David Luiz is an amazing talent. I am amazed that people can say that David Luiz has defensive fragilities based on one example,' he said. 'It is something that blows out my mind completely. He is a super talent, 24, a Brazil international [with] technical ability as you saw the other day in the game.'

Well done AVB! That's how it should have been handled by Carlo. A manager should protect and defend his players. Luiz has a great deal to work on and AVB surely knows that but it can be done in training etc.

Edited by francozola