Man Utd 3-1 Chelsea

Fulham Broadway

We need to deploy the best to the midfield, I think mata and Raul can really make a difference on Sunday.

And if putting Luiz is something that would bother United, and we really need them to be bothered.

Then Torres? I don't know,I like him, but frankly, here's another schevchenko. But then again, I've learnt never to underestimate anyone in football.

The best of luck to Chelsea!

Hoorah!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest justin_3d

I know SAF said he will play De Gea, but why do i get the feeling he is lying, and will play Lindergard?

From the few i seen De Gea and Lindergard, i say right now Lindergard is one step ahead....

For how much I love David Luiz, we cannot afford to play him at centre back at Old Trafford, he will walk a tightrope all game.

However, we would then lose his energy and creative ability on the ball, I would love to see him play the holding midfielder role, but without prior experience is this too big a risk at Old Trafford. The only thing I'm thinking though is whether the best way to take United down is to spring a surprise on them. Fergie has been doing it for years.

What could even be done is have our holding midfielder man mark Rooney, who will likely drop deep a lot anyway. It would leave two against their two in midfield and I would like to think two from Ramires, Meireles and Lampard could take two from Anderson, Carrick and Fletcher.

I would similarly prefer not to play Bosingwa as he is simply not a good enough defender against top class opposition.

For me:

-------------------------Cech-------------------------

Ivanovic---------Alex-----------Terry---------Cole

-------------------David Luiz-------------------------

--------Ramires/Meireles----Lampard------------

----Sturridge---------------------------Mata--------

------------------------Torres------------------------

Is it me, or is everyone over exaggerating this so called "recklessness" of his?

Yeah he's made some mistakes, but in his last game he was excellent. There was only 1 challenge where inexperience showed. That tackle which he did get booked for, was a challenge any defender would make. Had he let that player run through, he would've been through on goal! Ivanovic, Terry or Alex would've done the same thing afaik.

Edited by LDN Blue

I actually think his style brings a freshness to the team, and there is no doubt when he does step in to make a tackle or interception and it comes off, it lifts the crowd. He was one of the big reasons we started hitting form again in the second half of last season.

However I just think against the very best teams and players it's a risk as the last line of defence, and United at Old Trafford I just worry he will be walking a tightrope on every tackle and decision made. United fans will also not forget he should have been sent off at the Bridge last season and play on that every time he commits a foul.

I actually think his style brings a freshness to the team, and there is no doubt when he does step in to make a tackle or interception and it comes off, it lifts the crowd. He was one of the big reasons we started hitting form again in the second half of last season.

However I just think against the very best teams and players it's a risk as the last line of defence, and United at Old Trafford I just worry he will be walking a tightrope on every tackle and decision made. United fans will also not forget he should have been sent off at the Bridge last season and play on that every time he commits a foul.

Spot on, if Luiz plays at centre back for this game we will concede at least 2 goals.....Don't think we will score more than 2 as the ref is bound to be on thier side and we may have Torres up front!. Need to keep this game tight for 60 mins - put Luiz on the bench, we could introduce him at some stage...his problem is he just can't resist not standing the attacker up, he dives in 80% of the time...

I may be going crazy, but I have this real strong gut feeling that Torres will score Sunday and we'll get something out of the game. Don't ask me why, but he has the ability and his work ethic is so much better than I saw at Liverpool, he just desperately needs a goal and I'm sure a glut more will be round the corner.

I know United have been very impressive this season but they haven't played anyone near our level, I just think Fergie may be more cagey and play some experience such as Ferdinand, Carrick, Fletcher, etc and that might well play into our hands.

This ^.

To hear some, we could think that Luiz is less reliable than Ferreira.

:lol: he literally went from hero-to-zero!

He's not an unreliable as is being said. He's a very solid defender (not midfielder) than people give him credit for. Of course he's made a couple of school boy errors in games he's played, but he hasn't even played that many games yet. Bloody hell peopple, get a grip!

He's not an unreliable as is being said. He's a very solid defender (not midfielder) than people give him credit for. Of course he's made a couple of school boy errors in games he's played, but he hasn't even played that many games yet. Bloody hell peopple, get a grip!

He is a fantastic player but fact remains he is not currently good enough defensively to play against the very top sides - espcially away from home...80% of our games yes but not the very elite..

Forget Luiz, the real question here is whether or not AVB will scrap the high defensive line for this one.

The way he spoke in today's press conference I dont think he will...mentioned that usually these games always turn out very tight negative affairs and thought this one would be entertaining...

Yeah :lol:

After the game against United, we were keen to enthrone him as our king, our salvator, etc... And now we only want to play him against weak oppositions and out of position...

The very few reckless tackles he made are "the tree hiding the forest" (I don't know if this expression is correct in english.).