Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One thing is certain, he can make a pass, he is experienced, works his *ss off and costs only 10 mil. If something he reminds me of Ballack, and with all the negativism in many of you, that may stimulate him even more. COME ON, RAUL, SHOW THE SCOUSE TROPHIES ARE WON HERE, NOT NEAR LAKE MERCY!

I'm really excited. Some of you sound like pedophiles - "anything over 25 is bad".. get a grip 27-30 are the best years for a footballer. He also had time to settle in EPL at Anfield.. had a great season, gives competition to Lampard and Ramires for that matter.. has a good shot, can be a threat from a long range and that's what we've been missing. I repeat this is not a damn FM11 or Xpert11, this is real life.. he'll be brilliant if given the right chance and SUPPORT. He also has worked under AVB before, played with Torres before as well. Had we made Mata+Meireles signing last night together, we'd be all praising CFC board. I think they've done a brilliant job this summer. Getting in youth, especially Mata and Lukaku, didn't let Sturridge slip away, loans for Kakuta in Bolton, got rid of some youth players they knew weren't going to cut it yet. Loan deal for Yossi to Arsenal, so he can't play against us.

Cech

Bosingwa-Ivanovic-Terry-Cole

Mikel

Ramires-Meireles

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Available subs: McEachran, Anelka, Malouda, Hilario, Drogba, Lampard, Luiz, Romeu, Lukaku, Alex...

I think it's a great line up, we have a good bench as well now. Face it, there are LOADS of games coming up. One injury and otherwise we would have been fucked but now there's cover for everyone. Who would have replaced Lampard for instance? McEachran surely will get playing time and rightly so, but he will never replace Lampard, not yet. Meireles is CM and DMF as well.

Why Gourlay signed Raul Meireles

"Because he's the hero that Chelsea deserves, but not the one it needs right now...and so we'll sign him...because he can take it...because he's not a playmaker...he's a stealthy goal-scorer, a watchful defender...the new Blue Knight "

:P

I'm really excited. Some of you sound like pedophiles - "anything over 25 is bad".. get a grip 27-30 are the best years for a footballer. He also had time to settle in EPL at Anfield.. had a great season, gives competition to Lampard and Ramires for that matter.. has a good shot, can be a threat from a long range and that's what we've been missing. I repeat this is not a damn FM11 or Xpert11, this is real life.. he'll be brilliant if given the right chance and SUPPORT. He also has worked under AVB before, played with Torres before as well. Had we made Mata+Meireles signing last night together, we'd be all praising CFC board. I think they've done a brilliant job this summer. Getting in youth, especially Mata and Lukaku, didn't let Sturridge slip away, loans for Kakuta in Bolton, got rid of some youth players they knew weren't going to cut it yet. Loan deal for Yossi to Arsenal, so he can't play against us.

Cech

Bosingwa-Ivanovic-Terry-Cole

Mikel

Ramires-Meireles

Sturridge-Torres-Mata

Available subs: McEachran, Anelka, Malouda, Hilario, Drogba, Lampard, Luiz, Romeu, Lukaku, Alex...

I think it's a great line up, we have a good bench as well now. Face it, there are LOADS of games coming up. One injury and otherwise we would have been fucked but now there's cover for everyone. Who would have replaced Lampard for instance? McEachran surely will get playing time and rightly so, but he will never replace Lampard, not yet. Meireles is CM and DMF as well.

I would have given you 100 rep if i could.

Not sure about giving a four-year deal to a 28-year-old, but I suppose he's younger than Yossi. As long as he's creative, makes chances and scores goals, that's fine. It'll be interesting to see him, Mata and Torres together, even without Modric.

Think its optimistic at best to think he will replace lamps, u dont yet believe avb has the balls to drop super frank if he continues to be off the boil but we will see. Any inclination of what number he will take? 13 maybe.

He didnt drop Lamps because there was not that other options thats changed now and i think he will take number 16.

Why do we always do this ? We always let ourselves down when trying to fix our problems. Yet another season with no playmaker or right sided winger. You know what the sad part is ? We will probably go on and win trophies this season and it will paper over the cracks like in 2009-2010. We are appalling in the transfer market, its just shocking to see. If it were not for signing Mata i would of lost hope a long time ago.

Why do we always do this ? We always let ourselves down when trying to fix our problems. Yet another season with no playmaker or right sided winger. You know what the sad part is ? We will probably go on and win trophies this season and it will paper over the cracks like in 2009-2010. We are appalling in the transfer market, its just shocking to see. If it were not for signing Mata i would of lost hope a long time ago.

well you can always spend your time with your mates at work taking the piss out of our forum members..