Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Must be something about ex-Liverpool players giving the finger and then joining Chelsea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sl1XWFI7tU

The finger, the goals against us...It's clearly a pattern.

Maybe Suarez is the next one to score against Chelsea. And maybe he'll flip the bird to the Arsenal's fans.

How long is he injured for?

Any how do you pass a medical if you are injured?

He is no longer injured, I though he was injured longer but a Portugese friend said to me that he is OK, he trained normally today and is due to play tomorrow

I really don't get the whining on this signing. First off, fuck sp*rs and modric. Im actually glad that deal wasnt sealed. The thought of giving them 40m just makes me sick + im sure he will leave either on january or next year and then he will probs go for 25-30m.

Honestly I think it's likely to go through in January, Spurs did not spend a lot in this transfert market, because of Levy's statements and his controls on the buisness. No huge investments means that there is no really long terms plans planned since this summer, it maybe means that Uncle Arry is not likely to stay next summer... In the most probable scenario of this season, no Champions League for Spuds and Liverpool to qualify in C1, I wouldn't be surprised if Modric wants to leave in January or in the worst case, in the summer in order to play Champions League again

Good signing IMO. I'm sure AVB has some plans for him.

Absolutely loved the Meireles thread on scouser forums. Starting from " I've heard he has put in a transfer request, and I don't understand why" at 10:30 PM last night to :541: 'I won't mind 15 m plus Sturridge' at 10:40 to 'Lets do a Levy on Chelsea' at 11:00 to total disbelief and whining after the transfer was confirmed on chelseafc.

Im reading liverpool board right now, if they are that mad, the guy cannot be bad no? If we sell Kalou nobody here gonna get mad lol.

Yeah a friend of mine is a Liverpool supporter and he isn't happy. He rates Meireles pretty highly. I just tell him he's come to a better club :P

Top signing in my opinion. Hopefully he'll find his feet as quickly as Mata

First of all: Welcome to Chelsea, Raul!

I'm happy we didn't get Modric. He's a good player but the money we wanted to pay for him was too much. The more I'm happy Meireles is playing for our team now, he might not have that creative attributes Modric has, but by signing Meireles instead of Modric, we got a pure team player, a player who has great b2b abilities and the most important fact in my opinion, that McEachran will get (probably) more playing time than he'd get if Modric was on our roster now.

Hope Meireles will make his way and win as many trophies as possible with Chelsea.

First of all: Welcome to Chelsea, Raul!

I'm happy we didn't get Modric. He's a good player but the money we wanted to pay for him was too much. The more I'm happy Meireles is playing for our team now, he might not have that creative attributes Modric has, but by signing Meireles instead of Modric, we got a pure team player, a player who has great b2b abilities and the most important fact in my opinion, that McEachran will get (probably) more playing time than he'd get if Modric was on our roster now.

Hope Meireles will make his way and win as many trophies as possible with Chelsea.

Well it was actually 30 million plus Alex which added up to 40 million, but since Spurs were so confident on getting Gary Cahill they didn't accept Alex, i bet they would of now though. But you've done very well in looking at the positives my friend, McEachran wouldn't of played as much if Modric came, plus with Meireles he adds pace and moving forward, something Chelsea lack, we sit back to much when we shouldn't because we have no ability to get the ball forward without actually moving forward with the ball. Sturrdge and Mata offer that pace and something special, Torres also offers pace, so he will probably get used to this, Ramires is the only pacey midfielder we had to be honest, Lampard and Mikel are slow, so it's nice to have someone like Meireles on that team.

Laughable they thought they had a chance of getting Sturridge :lol:

I realy hope Sturridge will prove himself this season, because it was realy annoying trying to explain Liverpool fans that there is no way

we will let Daniel go. One great performance by him would do the job...

At first i think we was all very confused/angry that we've signed Meireles, mainly because he's not that marquee signing everyone wants, e.g Modric, Hazard. But he is a handy player to have. I also think he's underrated by many fans, including us. When he came on for Liverpool in the Arsenal match, he changed to game. His movement was superb, and so was his passing.

After a good night sleep, i realized that this was a good signing, especially for 12m.

And the most important thing is that this is a player AVB wants, he knows his qualities, and if AVB thinks he's the man we need in midfield than i'm happy.

At first i think we was all very confused/angry that we've signed Meireles, mainly because he's not that marquee signing everyone wants, e.g Modric, Hazard. But he is a handy player to have. I also think he's underrated by many fans, including us. When he came on for Liverpool in the Arsenal match, he changed to game. His movement was superb, and so was his passing.

After a good night sleep, i realized that this was a good signing, especially for 12m.

And the most important thing is that this is a player AVB wants, he knows his qualities, and if AVB thinks he's the man we need in midfield than i'm happy.

This. Especially the part of "After a good night sleep" lol. I think everyone was expecting Modric, so suddenly a 12M player?

it was like... wtf Chels?

Meireles is a quality midfielder, at the end of last season he was one of the best midfielders in the league if not the best. Great signing and

i cant wait to see us play with him and Mata and Daniel... one more week.

i just like the idea of him linking up with torres again they looked very good together last season before torres switch to us..added in with mata and sturridge and things are looking way up at the bridge...

Quality player i think great signing for us going forward

I think he'll be a quality addition to the squad. He plays quicker than some current players. He looks to combine with other players and is very unselfish. I think some doubters will be pleasantly surprised by what he brings to the team. Looking forward to seeing him in blue.