• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can only be a good signing. Physical, drives forward,

Bin dippers Fans Player of the Season last year :yes: :yes:

Obviously Modric was first choice -but it;s like getting off with the ugly bird at 1 55 am in a club, when you've been eyeing up a stunner all night. However the ugly bird is a good fuck.

Oh well we have been linked to him since like forever and when I saw him on tv having a little chat while exchanging shirts with Lamps after the Eng - Ger game, I thought this is the year it finally happens ...

He will NEVER leave Bayern, never!.

Oh come on stop all this whining guys, seriously :doh: !. He is top player who will fit just fine here at Chelsea.

Welcome to Chelsea Raul, im sure you will make all does cry babys quiet with your play and fight. :cfc:

Download the MOTD highlights + analysis for the Wolves-Liverpool game (Jan. 22) last season. Absolutely brilliant performance by Meireles in that game.

Could I get a link for this please?

Also, a four year contract gives us the oppurtunity to sell in two years and his value won't drop.

I think we have to consider the players now coming into the side who will all give the team an extra edge and freshness in the areas we lack.

Meireles is the most creative central midfielder at the club and has an eye for a pass and a goal. He will add something to our midfield no doubt.

Mata gave us an extra cutting edge in the final third against Norwich and will be our creative hub.

David Luiz will help to bring the ball out from deep much quicker when he's fit, which has been a problem in the first games. He may even be utilised as a DM, where I think he would do a very good job.

Sturridge will give us pace out wide, a youthful enthusiasm and appetite, and also create problems for defenders when cutting in, which can only help Torres from being isolated and doubled up on.

I was quite surprised at first when I heard of the transfer. Never thought of the possibility of signing him.

But welcome Meireles! Hope your career at Chelsea is a successful one. :cfc:

He's a hard worker and a good footballer in general, so I'm rather pleased with this transfer.

Official - number 16.

rauuuuuul.jpg

MEIRELES TAKES 16

Posted on: Thu 01 Sep 2011

Raul Meireles has taken the squad number 16 after his deadline day transfer from Liverpool.

The midfielder wore the number for Portugal at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, and regularly wears it on international duty.

The last Chelsea number 16 was Scott Sinclair, now with Swansea City, and the number was previously inhabited by both Arjen Robben and current assistant first team coach Roberto Di Matteo.

Interesting that he's got 16 - his compatriots Bosingwa and Ferreria are 17 and 19 respectively (and Hilario 40, but that ruins my "stat"!).

Here's a video on the BBC article of his stunning Wolves goal (might not be available for non-UK fans) - http://news.bbc.co.u...ll/14708743.stm

Torres also scored the other two in that 3-0 win (his last for Liverpool). :eyebrows: