Raul Meireles

chrismada9

English club Chelsea have emerged as favourites to sign FC Porto midfielder Raul Meireles, as the Dragons close on a deal for Sporting midfielder Joao Moutinho.

Porto last night reportedly agreed a deal with Sporting for Moutinho, who will sign a four-year deal with Andre Villas Boas’ side. The Lisbon club will receive €10m, plus a player in exchange, with Nuno Coelho likely to be the makeweight. Sporting will also receive 30% of any future sell-on fee should Moutinho move abroad in the future.

Moutinho is expected to arrive at the Dragao as a direct replacement for Raul Meireles, who has been the subject of speculation over a big-money transfer after enjoying a bright World Cup for Portugal. Meireles was linked with Spanish giants Real Madrid over the weekend, but sources in Portugal suggest England is now his most likely destination.

According to reports, Chelsea are now at the front of the queue for the 27-year-old, who is expected to cost around €15m. There has been no official agreement between the clubs for Meireles, but agent Jorge Mendes, who represents Blues’ players Hilario, Ricardo Carvalho, Deco and Paulo Ferreira, is again taking a central role in the negotiations.

----------------------------------------------

Source:- Portu-GOAL.net

----------------------------------------------

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Big fan of Meireles, although all I've seen of him this season was in Porto's Champions League matches and his appearances for Portugal. He's 27 which is a good age in my opinion and his dynamism would make him a good option - but an option we don't need. His preferred positions are CM and CDM, where we are well-covered. Its €15 million I'd rather see go towards bring Aguero/Milner to the club.

Aguero's price has dropped to about 20 mil for the people who liked him, I don't think he's been up to scratch that he used to have for 2 seasons in all honesty and since the price drop a lot of people of abandoned their tongue from his asshole.

Nothing wrong with getting meireles imo, I believe we need a midfielder and a winger

We won't...

Oh well we have been linked to him since like forever and when I saw him on tv having a little chat while exchanging shirts with Lamps after the Eng - Ger game, I thought this is the year it finally happens ...

Oh well we have been linked to him since like forever and when I saw him on tv having a little chat while exchanging shirts with Lamps after the Eng - Ger game, I thought this is the year it finally happens ...

I think you read, a bit, too much into that..

I think you read, a bit, too much into that..

Yeah I guess. But I'm sort of happy with the Meireles news as well. I think his arrival would allow Essien more liberty to move higher up the pitch, something he looks to do even when employed just in front of the centre-backs.

Well Portugues Player Normaly are Good players... We had good experience with Them.... Carvalo, Ferreira, Mou, Bosingwa, Deco.... So if is true... Welcome...

Good player, but, not Chelsea standard.. we can attract better players than him... i'd prefer to give some of our youth a chance.

gotta agree with that...he is indeed a good player but he`s the kind of player we would have signed in the first few years of the Abramovich era,when we were trying to build a strong squad but didn`t have anyone in the youth academy to bring along...

now we have a stronger squad and a load of talented youngsters busting to get their chance...we should only buy the really elite players or players who have a good chance of becoming elite..if we can..if we can`t then we shouldn`t bother.

i`d say Khedira and him are close in standard at present..but i`d be more inclined to go for Khedira than him..due to him being 4 years younger and having played in a higher standard league. better chance of growing into an elite player etc...

• 1 year later...

"Meireles is Chelsea's latest target as Blues weigh up new Modric bid"

Daily Mail Fail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2026395/Raul-Meireles-Chelseas-latest-target.html

---

Daily Fail I know, but it's interesting...