Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Someone was asking about AVB not wanting Meireles at Porto. Listened to Duncan Castle on FSC and read a few Portugal websites about Meireles previous move and this latest one. Meireles had wanted to make a move to the PL for two years prior to AVB getting there. The timing was good for both player and team. Somebody said Meireles wasn't pushed, he jumped at the chance when teams started asking about him.

This latest move has been in the work for 2 weeks once the Modric deal started to go nowhere (ok that'd be all summer). AVB reached out to Meireles and asked if he'd be interested in moving to Chelsea. The deal was worked on religiously by his agent for the last 5 hours of the transfer window. The last hiccup was Yossi leaving.

SpursGoliath - 'we'll see' (good luck with your squad this season) - you should go and have a look at ours on our website - here's a taster of our forwards for you: Drogba, Torres, Sturridge, Lukaku, Anelka (who you got: Adebayawn, Pavlipony and Daniel Defoe) - good luck with that! As for Meireles being a 'stop-gag signing' - this is the same player who was voted Liverpool player of last season?? - he'll do just fine - totally agree that Mikel is cack though but it'll only be a matter of time before Romeu takes his place (have you seen him play? Very impressive - probably not as you've probably been watching re-runs of your 'only' excursion into the CL). Anyway enjoy your games against Shamrock Rovers while we enjoy ours against Valencia! PS £40 million for Modric was an insane amount of money to offer and I'm extremely glad you didn't take the bait because we'll probably pick him up for at least £10 million cheaper than that in January, once you're out of the running for everything[

- JohnC80

Not written by me, some really witty and funny comment from football365 I thought, enjoy :D

2 of Liverpool's best players have came for bigger and better things in the last 6 months yet their fans (namely that annoying twerp Phil Thompson) still thinks they have some devine entiltement to be succesful just because of the 80's. He talks shite aswell no wonder Houllier underachieved there with him as assistant.

After a lot of thought I've decided this isn't the worst signing in the world. Sure he isn't exactly what we needed but he provides cover and is a full international so clearly is a decent player. I guess most of us we're hoping we would build for the future in just one summer which was never going to happen. Who knows, some young player somewhere might have a great season and prove to be a better option than an overpriced Modric and McEachran will definitely get more minutes.

I remember when people on this forum said we would lack goals in our midfield in the future with the likes of Ramires, Mikel, Josh etc.. That tatooed guy might just be what we need as a transition before we find a proper replacement for Lamps.

By the way I'm really into his bad ass looks and stuff. Even though he wasn't the most creative midfielder available on the market this window, He seems to do the job in terms of being on the end of creative passes and carrying the action further up the pitch with yet simple but always great passes (on a technical point of view).