Raul Meireles

chrismada9

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yesterday ,I was quite disappointed with Meireles signing but when I woke up this morning I realized that Meireles is not that bad player at all.

maaaybe the lack of creativity is problem ,but he is VERY devoted and strong player what we need in our mid rows

I really don't get the whining on this signing. First off, fuck sp*rs and modric. Im actually glad that deal wasnt sealed. The thought of giving them 40m just makes me sick + im sure he will leave either on january or next year and then he will probs go for 25-30m. Secondly, Meireles is a good player (and he was ALOT cheaper than modric), maybe most importantly he and Torres work very well together. Consider Meireles as a Lampard who actually plays. He's not Xavi, but then again Chelsea really doesn't need that if u think about it.

Our squad looks really amazing at the moment. I mean really, defensively we've always been superb, Luiz will be back and Bosingwa has been really good this (pre)season. Lukaku, Torres, Sturridge, Drogba, Mata, Ramires, Meireles, Mikel...come on guys.

I think that if AVB has the courage to bench lampard and malouda some it will go really great.

Yeah, very interesting. He's a good player but I think he doesn't solve our creativity problem. I liked the way he played in the World Cup 2010. Meireles gives more options in the midfield and he can play in many roles. Hope he plays well!

He doesn't but what can Chelsea do if Daniel Levy won't take 40M? Put a gun to his head...Or had a backup plan to sign another creative CM? But they went for Meireles as Plan B instead. He's a good player and I welcome him and wish him the very best of course.

How long is he injured for?

Any how do you pass a medical if you are injured?

It was just a collarbone injury and as far as i know he is called up to the Portugal team facing Cyprus.. if it wasnt old footage then even Eurosport showed him train with his national teammates when they covered the Carvalho retirement scandal