Juan Mata

Severinb

It would absolutely make my YEAR if we signed Rooney and on the next day the official Chelsea twitter posted a pic of Mata signing a 5 year extension.

Would utterly humiliate United and make them look like complete mugs. Take their best and most important player and then shit on them and let them know that we aren't to be fucked with.

Shit, Mata will probably not play against Roma.

I don't know if David Luiz and Mata will be back for Roma, they have some small problems, Mata a new one and David Luiz a problem he had in the past, a muscular injury he had before the Champions League final,' said Mourinho.

'They are working with the physios in Washington instead of travelling here. We'll see if they can join the team and play a little against Roma.'

I'm starting to believe the rumours that Mourinho don't really want them.

Even if one were to ASSUME that mourinho absolutely hates mata and luiz and can't stand them, they will still not be sold.

Chelsea football club does not give managers such absolute power and say in player trading.

Our past record with managers means there is no guarantee when mourinho might go out of favor, but not the case with players.

Okay so Mata's injury could be only a fake one to prevent him to fly with his NT for the friendly to be ready vs Hull.

That would be okay for me

We should probably just do the same with Azpi. It will be a waste of time for him to join the Spain NT when Del Bosque will end probably just playing Arbeloa at RB like always.

Despite all the talk about Luiz not being Mourinhos kind of player, I think Mata is the player I still cant see fitting in Mourinhos system. I really want to be wrong, after Luiz, Mata is my favourite player, but I'm afraid he wont be a key player this season.

Despite all the talk about Luiz not being Mourinhos kind of player, I think Mata is the player I still cant see fitting in Mourinhos system. I really want to be wrong, after Luiz, Mata is my favourite player, but I'm afraid he wont be a key player this season.

I understand where you're coming from, but Mata is just too good to not be a key player. Mourinho can't possibly leave his best player out of his plans.

I understand where you're coming from, but Mata is just too good to not be a key player. Mourinho can't possibly leave his best player out of his plans.

He could use Oscar or De Bruyne in that no.10 role instead of Mata..depending on the opposition.

However in most of the games, you'd expect to see Mata as the starter.

That's what I thought too at first, but I'm sure he's starting to see evidence of Mata's importance to this team...especially after that Madrid game. He said it himself, I believe.

Edited by Blue Armour

I can't see Mata not playing a vital role to League glory again but I can see him being subbed and rested a lot more than last season. This can only be a good thing for his future. If he played another season like last year I fear his enginge would burn out.

Edited by DDA

Won't happen until he actually has some real competition for the #10 spot. Right now he's a class above anything else we have there. I can see Oscar playing depending on matchups but Mata is just too good right now to not be considered a starter. Oscar in the future can certainly dethrone him but not yet imo.