Juan Mata

Severinb

I tell you what, If the club ever sold mata in exchange for Rooney you can bet that Van Persie will add about 10 or 12 more goals on to his tally and that doesnt even include the ones Mata would score by himself alone. I think it would be a huge mistake. But this is all just nonsense at the moment

And what make you think Rooney won't get us 20-30 goals himself and create another dozen?

Even if this doesn't go through, i hope this doesn't further mess up the relation between mata and the club, which probably already took a hit earlier this summer.

Ironically, we all praised Jose for his mind games, causing unrest in manchester with one of their star players, and now...

Remember, half this shit is being stirred up by the media...they're the ones causing unrest if anyone is.

Mourinho isn't stupid.

However he is packed in midfield, and light up front. I'm not holding my breath, but it would actually make sense. It would undoubtedly strengthen us though.

Oh dear.... stop it...

I hope to god Man Utd get Willian for 30 mill which would be the money for Rooney and then we keep Mata with Rooney. Come on Utd, bid for Willian.

Willian is class and maybe bigger and more a Jose player but i love Mata. He's the kind of player that even if he played for Man Utd (or even Arsenal) i'd love him still. I will be gutted beyond belief if Mata went there.

Having said that.... in Jose we trust.

Am surprised sme pple think chelsea may sell mata this season...I don't think so, I think there is more probability of mourinho getting sacked as chelsea manager than chelsea selling mata esp to manu.

Rooney+£20m for Mata and the probability is suddenly 100% ;) but as unlikely as it is, it is NOT IMPOSSIBLE.

He's the kind of player that even if he played for Man Utd (or even Arsenal) i'd love him still. I will be gutted beyond belief if Mata went there.

He's a proper player.

On a serious note, if you were to sell us Mata - we'd arguably have the two best players in the league. RvP and Mata.

It must be at least a bit tempting for Mata surely, to link with RvP. It probably ups his assist rate by 5-10 too.

Well, i think Mata won't leave anyway. He loves it here and loves London so much. He'll just say "Fuck you, i'm staying" and up his game like he did last season after about the 4th or 5th match.

Of course anyone would be tempted to play for Man Utd, the biggest team in England but not when you're already in love with another top English club.

If it means us getting our target and Chelsea being much better then you have to do what you've gotta do but i cannot for the life of me comprehend Mata at Man Utd. It cannot happen.

Well, i think Mata won't leave anyway. He loves it here and loves London so much. He'll just say "Fuck you, i'm staying" and up his game like he did last season after about the 4th or 5th match.

Of course anyone would be tempted to play for Man Utd, the biggest team in England but not when you're already in love with another top English club.

If it means us getting our target and Chelsea being much better then you have to do what you've gotta do but i cannot for the life of me comprehend Mata at Man Utd. It cannot happen.

I have no doubt he wants to stay indeed, but if he is gonna leave it is because Jose force him out in order to bring in Rooney. We are not selling him(if we sell) because of money.

Well you want one of our top-five players. It would make no sense at all to strengthen Chelsea and weaken us at the same time. It's going to come down to how desperate Jose is for Rooney. Jose is a gambler though - if there is any substance to this I think he will definitely consider it. However I can't even remember the last time any sort of swap deal actually happened (with players of high stature and value) it's unlikely in my honest opinion. Considering prices out of interest - I'd pay £40m for Mata in a heartbeat. I think Rooney is worth about £30m if we're talking just player value. If it's a straight swap, we would be getting the best deal.

Perhaps Jose sees Rooney as the last player he needs to collect a lot of trophies and doesn't really need Mata anyway.

Well you want one of our top-five players. It would make no sense at all to strengthen Chelsea and weaken us at the same time. It's going to come down to how desperate Jose is for Rooney. Jose is a gambler though - if there is any substance to this I think he will definitely consider it. However I can't even remember the last time any sort of swap deal actually happened (with players of high stature and value) it's unlikely in my honest opinion. Considering prices out of interest - I'd pay £40m for Mata in a heartbeat. I think Rooney is worth about £30 if we're talking just player value. If it's a straight swap, we would be getting the best deal.

Perhaps Jose sees Rooney as the last player he needs to collect a lot of trophies and doesn't really need Mata anyway.

Mata for Rooney makes sense....Jose gets the striker he wants and Moyes finally makes a big name signing.

However...I don't like the idea of strengthening United's attack even further...considering they have the best striker in the PL leading the line.

I just hope our board makes the right call about Rooney & Mata.

Well you want one of our top-five players. It would make no sense at all to strengthen Chelsea and weaken us at the same time. It's going to come down to how desperate Jose is for Rooney. Jose is a gambler though - if there is any substance to this I think he will definitely consider it. However I can't even remember the last time any sort of swap deal actually happened (with players of high stature and value) it's unlikely in my honest opinion. Considering prices out of interest - I'd pay £40m for Mata in a heartbeat. I think Rooney is worth about £30m if we're talking just player value. If it's a straight swap, we would be getting the best deal.

Mata recently said in an interview that he couldn't play for a club if he didn't love the city.

Think it's from the recent special report interview with sky.