Juan Mata

Severinb

not really essentially you are saying our squad that is built for a 4-3-3 is being held back by mata. In that case mata must improve his deffensive game or simply be a bench player. Every component of our team is built for a 4-3-3 but if the use of our entire squad is solely dependent on one player he better be messi. unfortunately mata is no messi and if the likes of hazard and oscar can put a shift in he must as well or someone will come in to replace him. fact

No, I did not imply whatsoever that our squad is built for a 4-3-3. Meant just generally, the issue when Mata plays out wide regardless of the formation we use. Mata can play out wide and yes, he can still improve on his defensive work but for me, if you're gonna play a player, use him in a position that he's best suited with and where he feels most comfortable/best to express himself. No point doing square pegs in round holes.

I've heard some talk there isn't a proper Juan Mata song at the bridge. At first I wrote one a la Enrique Iglesias' "Bailamos" but I think that's too fast and syncopated. So here's a tribute a la "Albuquerque Turkey":

He's Juan Mata He's El Mago

He's our Spanish Number ten

He can score goals and create goals

Then he'll dooo it all again!

He has to start for Spain this summer at the Confederations cup. I know Del Bosque is loyal to guys who have served him well in the past, but Mata is well ahead of David Silva now at the very least.

Seems like Del Bosque doesn't like non-La Liga players.

Except Silva.

He has to start for Spain this summer at the Confederations cup. I know Del Bosque is loyal to guys who have served him well in the past, but Mata is well ahead of David Silva now at the very least.

From the club's selfish POV, I'm desperately hoping he doesn't get selected. He has played 5 summer tournaments in the past 4 years - Confederations Cup, World Cup, European U21 Championship, EURO 2012 and Olympics. Should he plays in this year's Confederations Cup and the World Cup 2014(which he's likely to TBF), then that would mean him playing 7 summer tournaments in 6 years without any proper break! Given we have like almost flogged him to death in his 2 seasons here (Mata has played over 110 games for non-stop), we could do with him having a proper break and be back fit and fresh for us next season.

Seems like Del Bosque doesn't like non-La Liga players.

Except Silva.

I thought spain main line up is

whoever

iniesta - xavi - pedro

xabi - busquet

But compare to silva I think, as playmaker mata is better but as a winger, silva is slightly better because he is more skillfull