Juan Mata

Severinb

It must have been a special goal for Juan since his parents and family were present at Old Trafford. See his blog -

When the match finished I was very happy for that goal, for the victory and for the Blues fans that had travelled to Manchester (including my parents, my sister and some friends) and were supportive throughout the entire game.

http://blogs.grada360.com/juanmata/en/2013/05/06/un-gran-broche-para-cerrar-la-semana/

If you look at the replay Mata's shot was going wide before it hit Phil.

Really? I've looked at those replays (at different angles) and it does not look like Phil made any contact with that ball (it went through his legs). I don't think it should be an own goal or maybe I need glasses

Really? I've looked at those replays (at different angles) and it does not look like Phil made any contact with that ball (it went through his legs). I don't think it should be an own goal or maybe I need glasses

You definitely need glasses! :P

No, seriously, if you look at the reverse angle replay you'll see that the shot was deflected off the calf of Jones and since after the deflect the ball hit the post then logically it was going wide had it not been deflected.

You definitely need glasses! :P

No, seriously, if you look at the reverse angle replay you'll see that the shot was deflected off the calf of Jones and since after the deflect the ball hit the post then logically it was going wide had it not been deflected.

:dude: B):cool: - these three will have to do

Boo! Video link or it didn't happen :shifty:

If you look at the replay Mata's shot was going wide before it hit Phil.

Yeah. Definitely an own goal by the FAPL's legislation.

Personally I think that a goal should be given to the player who last scored touched the ball on the team that just scored if a shot is deflected. Obviously if a player passes the ball into his own goal then that is rightly an own goal, but Mata had a shot with intent that went in - albeit from a deflection. Should be his goal. But me moaning won't change a thing.

Was very, very poor today. One of his worst performances for the club. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt though having been a long, hard season and his numbers are fantastic.

He played a critical pass to Hazard to set up the first goal, just saying.

Was very, very poor today. One of his worst performances for the club. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt though having been a long, hard season and his numbers are fantastic.

Plus being down to 10 men didn't help on the fatigue front.

I feel he generally struggles (in relative terms) in stretched, end-to-end games like today. He's not built for these games.